SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYT KNEW EXPLOSIVES STORY WAS BOGUS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: NYT KNEW EXPLOSIVES STORY WAS BOGUS Reply with quote

The New York Times shot themselves in the foot with this story and while they were at it also shot ElBaradei recent claims down like a brick. In short, in Feburary 2003, the Times reported that removal of munitions was set in motion by none other that Saddam Hussein before the war in Iraq started. They based their story as having come from none other that Mr. ElBaradei!!

For the full story please see www.frontpagemag.com. Also they have an excellent piece by Tom Lipscome on the commie connection documents.

Avant
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: others who know Reply with quote

The long lens guys from God's sky high, they know

they have photo's I'm sure,

they know the date, the hr.

they know where it went,

and most likley who drove the trucks.

othe than that have a nice day John Kerry

as they unlike baby Bush will telll
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Powell talk about the truck convoys going to Syria, did't he have the satellite photos/ I just know I saw and heard all this from Powell when he spoke to the UN council.
any one have a transcript of his presentation?
there was also a report a couple of weeks ago about the trucks moving and buildings that dissappeared apparently disassembled. Somebody here, I am sure, has this filed. Rush was talking about it.

I am certain there are satellite photos.

Mr. AJ: You have concern about info being withheld by admins on purpose? A clever calculation of when to reveal? Or just stupidity? CTW

Never Ever Kerry.... Forever

Last edited by CTW on Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... in the past, truthfulness or lack of it has never hampered the NYT's ability to run a politically charged story Wink
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW wrote:
Didn't Powell talk about the truck convoys going to Syria, did't he have the satellite photos/ I just know I saw and heard all this from Powell when he spoke to the UN council.
any one have a transcript of his presentation?
there was also a report a couple of weeks ago about the trucks moving and buildings that dissappeared apparently disassembled. Somebody here, I am sure, has this filed. Rush was talking about it.

I am certain there are satellite photos.

Mr. AJ: You have concern about info being withheld by admins on purpose? A clever calculation of when to reveal? Or just stupidity? CTW

Never Ever Kerry.... Forever

CTW: You have a very good memory. I believe those satellite pictures will be released if push comes to shove. With so many holes already punched in this story, it may not be necessary. I know this story seems to have been beaten to death, but it's out there in msm and Kerry is getting pounded with it. In my view, that fact, along with the msm being taken to task for their media bias, are very good things. I believe it was your post that said when he attacked the military over this, Kerry made a HUGH mistake and he's being blasted by all media except for the conspirators.

Avant
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Drudge Report: The Russians helped them move the material and remove evidence of their cooperation with Iraq. Another indication why Russia did not wish to join the coalition. Not only does this information blow holes in the false reporting of Bush not guarding the explosives properly, but supports evidence of material related to a WMD program.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Update Re: Satellite Pics - Reply with quote

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...
Thursday, Oct. 28, 2004 10:37 a.m. EDT

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/28/104514.shtml

Pre-war Satellite Pics Show Truck Activity at Al Qaqaa
The Pentagon is examining evidence that could further discredit a report by the New York Times that hundreds of tons of high explosives were looted by terrorists from a major Iraqi weapons facility after the U.S. invaded in March 2003.

"Senior Pentagon officials say they are analyzing some satellite images from the Al Qaqaa facility south of Baghdad from before the war," the Fox News Channel's Bret Baier reported late Wednesday.

"Apparently, they show some large truck activity at that facility, [indicating] possibly that Saddam Hussein was moving the explosives out," Baier told Fox News host Greta Van Susteren.
Photos showing a pre-war truck convoy at Al Qaqaa would comport,
Baier said, with a January 2003 report by the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency revealing that 158 tons of the high explosive RDX had already gone missing from the site.

Experts say that to remove the 380 tons of high explosives reported missing from Al Qaqaa by the New York Times, it would take at least 40 trucks with a ten-ton capacity.

On Wednesday Iraq war veteran Ken Dixon, who was with the 101st Airborne division when it reached Al Qaqaa on April 10, said he noticed tracks from heavy truck tires outside the three bunkers he inspected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: