SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The French Peace Plan

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: The French Peace Plan Reply with quote

Here is something I found in one of the political forums I browse. It comes from some guy called the Dissident Frogman. I have no reason to think this is not legitimate. Another point of view some seem to have in France..

« Debates of the European Parliament

SITTING OF WEDNESDAY, 16 MAY 2001

Situation in the Middle East

Coыteaux (EDD). – (FR) Madam President, the most surprising thing about our debate is our surprise, for Israel's expansionist policy is the inevitable and predictable result of the growing imbalance in the region, the stability for which we bear much of the responsibility. Firstly that is because since 1967 most of our states, with the notable exception of France, have continued to give the State of Israel – a state that is growing increasingly self-assured and domineering – the impression that it can violate international law and UN resolutions with impunity.

In reality, here as elsewhere we have followed Washington and persist in closing our eyes to the theocratic excesses of this religious state whose governments are under the thumb of fanatical parties and minorities that are just as bad as the other groups of religious fanatics in the region. That is why we should envisage imposing sanctions on Israel.

There is, however, another serious imbalance for which we are in part responsible, namely the imbalance of forces. I have no hesitation in saying that we must consider giving the Arab side a large enough force, including a large enough nuclear force, to persuade Israel that it cannot simply do whatever it wants. That is the policy my country (DF: i.e. France) pursued in the 1970s when it gave Iraq a nuclear force. We have now destroyed it. So we will carry on with our policy of imbalance and what is happening today is merely the annoying but inevitable result of our collective blindness and cowardice. »

http://www.thedissidentfrogman.com/dacha/001525.html

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to be perfectly legitimate. Here's a link to the original post:

http://www3.europarl.eu.int/omk/omnsapir.so/debatsL5?LEVEL=DOC&NUMINT=3-037&FILE=20010516EN&LANGUE=EN#top

From what I could tell, it is in fact the European Parliament of the EU's official website. The speech was made on May 16, 2001.

I wonder if the speaker would still categorize "what is happening today [as] the annoying but inevitable result of our collective blindness and cowardice."

Shocked
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
It appears to be perfectly legitimate. Here's a link to the original post:

http://www3.europarl.eu.int/omk/omnsapir.so/debatsL5?LEVEL=DOC&NUMINT=3-037&FILE=20010516EN&LANGUE=EN#top

From what I could tell, it is in fact the European Parliament of the EU's official website. The speech was made on May 16, 2001.

I wonder if the speaker would still categorize "what is happening today [as] the annoying but inevitable result of our collective blindness and cowardice."

Shocked

It is scarry! Thank you for checking up on that.

My computer has a lot of problems lately. Since posting in these forums I've learned alot about stating first off if the article was verified or not. You guys can be ruthless.

So, how about those dirty french? Poor frogman...

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the French....This is a long essay, but interesting read - France the first state to fall to the Muslims.

http://jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/
June 23, 2004 Douce France, by Hugh Fitzgerald
~~snip
You discover that 1 out of every 3 babies born in France today is a Muslim baby. And that means, in 20 years, one of every three 20-year-olds in France will be a Muslim twenty-year-old. And that means, twenty years after that, at present rates of reproduction, France will have a majority Muslim population. Where shall we hide the statues from Marly-le-roi? And the Venus de Milo? And what about all those paintings of animated life -- all those portraits in the Louvre, and the Grand Palais, and the Musée Guimet down there in linden-lined Aix, and everywhere else in art-filled artful France, mère des arts, des armes, et des loix -- that are absolutely forbidden according to the immutable strictures of the Qur'an. Should they be sent for safekeeping to those Americans across the seas
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The French know they are in trouble. What do they do? Appease, appease, appease. By making the decision not to stand with us, they again bowed to the very big problem they have in their own country. They are so obsessed with hating us, they ignored the real threat.

Not only that, by sticking with us, they could have protected their very big interest in Iraq. How smart was that? They fight us all the way, then they cry about the debt. Like they Iraqi people should be held responsible for Saddams debt. What the hell is going on over there? They could have stood for something. Could have been on the right side of history for once. But, NO!

GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't act suprised with the French. Afterall, this is the country where the words "camoflage" and "sabotage" seem to originate.

Interesting, ain't it? Subterfuge, deceipt, and attacks from within.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: