SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry is Losing It

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Kerry is Losing It Reply with quote

THE BRILLIANCE OF THIS STRATEGY ELUDES ME [10/28 03:42 PM]

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

"When the Bay of Pigs went sour, John Kennedy had the courage to look America in the eye and say, `I take responsibility, it's my fault," Kerry said, referring to a bungled invasion of Cuba in 1961. "John Kennedy knew how to take responsibility for the mistakes he made and Mr. President, it's long since time for you to start taking responsibility for the mistakes you made."

"You know, mistakes like reminding the Cuban-American community of why they hate the Democratic Party, just five days before an election in which I have staked almost everything on winning in Florida. Mistakes like comparing the popular successful overthrow of Saddam Hussein to a failed coup attempt in Cuba more than forty years ago. Mistakes like that."

huh?
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone headbutt him?
Otis
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously don't have enough class to understand the subtle nuance.

Just think, if this guy actually wins we'll have at least a couple of years of this nonsense before he gets impeached.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"When the Bay of Pigs went sour, John Kennedy had the courage to look America in the eye and say, `I take responsibility, it's my fault," Kerry said, referring to a bungled invasion of Cuba in 1961. "John Kennedy knew how to take responsibility for the mistakes he made and Mr. President, it's long since time for you to start taking responsibility for the mistakes you made."

Maybe someone should show sKerry this

Quote:
A Deniability Debacle

On April 15 at the United Nations, U.S. Ambassador Adlai Stevenson rose to defend his country from charges by the Cubans that the planes attacking the island received U.S. support. He derided the allegations as being "without foundation," and said that the planes "to the best of our knowledge were Castro's own air force planes and, according to the pilots, they took off from Castro's own air force fields." In addition, Stevenson displayed a photo of one of the planes and pointed out its Cuban markings.

As David Phillips, the CIA's propaganda chief, monitored the events at the U.N., he was shocked by Stevenson's statements. As he later wrote: "As I watched Stevenson defend the deceitful scheme a chill moved through my body. What had we done? Adlai Stevenson had been taken in by the hoax! Had no one bothered to tell our Ambassador at the United Nations of the deception involved in the air strike?" In fact, Stevenson had not been briefed on the plans, and was later enraged to find that he had repeated the CIA cover story before the international community.

Within a day, it became apparent that the planes could not have been from the Cuban air force, and as the exile brigade landed at the Bay of Pigs on April 17, U.S. denials of involvement with the operation lay in ruins.

After the invasion, Kennedy appointed a small, secret commission to evaluate the causes of failure at the Bay of Pigs. Among their conclusions was a statement on the challenges of conducting a secret war: "A paramilitary operation of the magnitude of Zapata [a code-name for the operation] could not be prepared and conducted in such a way that all U.S. support of it and connection with it could be plausibly denied."

SBVTSupporter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who else saw this in the link but check out this video:

http://www.dailyrecycler.com/blog/2004/10/choice.html

I was rolling on the floor laughing at it.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if Kerry doesn't mind pissing off the Cubans this means that he has written Florida off....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: