SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you convince the anti-Bush crowd?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hydrology joe: To effectively communicate with the genus moronus sapiens, as you have euphemistically referred to as "the anti Bush crowd", you must fisrt learn to speak their language.

Never fear, Kimmymac is here. Allow me to teach you the language of this particular species of moronus sapiens:

BARK! BARK!
and
Baaah-aahhh!

Repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat...

If you are still unable to communicate effectively with them, I suggest you move on to Plan B: locking them in your basement until Novemeber 3rd. As they live their lives with their heads inserted in a dark and smelly place anyway, they will most likely not even notice.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of a VET wrote:
As Ann Coulter would say, with a baseball bat!

That would be Ann in her subtle little way -You have to love her
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: married to one ... Reply with quote

I'm married to one ...

Lets just say the talk around the dinner table stays away from politics most nights ...

The only chance I have of even getting her to listen is to ask her for facts about her beliefs. Usually all I get is DNC talking points, but sometimes when I ask if she has looked into it on her own and she admits not having done so I calmly suggest that we should all think for ourselves and do our own research. She always agrees but then never looks up anything.

Facts are dangerous things for those folks so be careful trying to get them to listen to any. But it usually shuts them up when you ask for their facts.
Grateful
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: How do you talk to....??? Reply with quote

Hi, Joe--

What are their problems with Pres. Bush? Are they just some sort of emotional reactions or specific views of policies? Lots of times, people reflect the reactions of dominant friends, family members, or establishment elites; they want to be cool and not ridiculed, so they never bother to learn all of the facts and think matters through rationally or consistently. Right now, the elites hate Bush and everyone knows it. It's mostly visceral, not rational.

I've found that if you are very patient and find out what their values are, you can talk them through this to find the points of Bush's decisions that would be consistent with their own values.

Can you give me examples?
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell them to vote for the canidate that will best protect their children.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't. They were born stupid. They wll die stupid.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very easy. Ask them why they want to put a self-admitted war criminal in the White House. Meet the Press, April 18, 1971.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: