SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i let her have it boys.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdpatriot
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: i let her have it boys. Reply with quote

i came across this letter to the editor: http://www.helenair.com/articles/2004/06/24/opinions/a04062404_02.txt

"Dirty politics
Dirty politics are coming out again against John Kerry like they did against Al Gore.
Republicans accused Gore of saying things he never said; most infamously that he "invented the Internet."
He actually said: "During my service in the U.S. Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." Even house speaker Newt Gingrich verified this.
Now, Mike on Channel 11 TV claims to have seven Vietnam veterans who have made derogatory remarks about Democratic potential John Kerry, and says he will mail copies of eight pages if requested, postage free.
He must be one of those people who believe everything the GOP puts out without further thought.
I am sick of self-righteous people who think it doesn't matter what they do or say, as long as it meets their goal.
They forget basic rules, such as "Thou shalt not bear false witness," "Judge not," and "It is harder for a rich man to enter heaven than for a camel to go through the eye of a needle," to name a few.
Bush has hoodwinked everybody because he claims he was born again.
Any time someone disagrees with Bush, they say that person is not patriotic. That is a dictator's ruse.
Margaret Hanson
528 Highland"

and i just had to reply. don't know if they will post it or not. here's
what i replied with:

Dear Editor,
This is in reply to the letter to the editor by Margaret Hanson, "Dirty Politics".

Dear Ms. Hanson,
These Vietnam Veterans have every right to be heard. I also am "sick and tired of self-rightous people who think it doesn't matter what they do or say, as long as it meets their goals." Take the Winter Soldier testimony of John Kerry on April 22, 1971 for example.

As a leader of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) he lied (gave false witness) before the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs. He claimed that American soldiers had "personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan..." and that these acts were "not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command." Kerry also accused the U.S. military of "rampant" racism and of being "more guilty than any other body" of violating the Geneva Conventions, supported "Madame Binh's points" when asked to recommend a peace proposal, and stated that any reprisals against the South Vietnamese after an American withdrawal would be "far, far less than the 200,000 a year who are murdered by the United States of America." He also marched under the VietCong flag in Washington DC with other activist.

I certainly wouldn't belittle the importance of what the Vietnam Veterans have to say, they've earned that right many times over. If you had been slandered and maligned like that in the service of your country, wouldn't you also want to be heard? And you don't have to take my word for it, nor the GOP's, nor the Vietnam Vet's; Kerry's words are available at the Library of Congress which wintersoldier.com has on file.

my name.

sdpatriot
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it amazing that Kennedy's claim of the Iraqi war plans were hatched in Texas and Kerry's own call for "a regime change" aren't classified as "Dirty Politics?"

Good rebuttal, SD.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: