SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STAND DOWN FROM DC RALLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a list of web-logs in other discussions if you want to drop them a line about the rally.

Here are some more that we can email in addition to the others I listed earlier this week. (Let me know if you need the list again.)

Some of these do not have the readership of the most popular, but there's akot of fine thinkers in there and we may be able to get their attention and support more easily.

profbainbridge@aol.com
jd@stillmanvalley.org
llamabutchers@yahoo.com
bill@billroggio.com
steven@poliblogger.com
steve@secureliberty.org
tom.paine@silentrunning.tv
patterico@patterico.com
fleetdefender@cox.net
hook@sgthook.com
reliapundit@msn.com
rightstate@cox.net
mark@rightsided.org
dailyrecycler@gmail.com
yotanka@jenmartinez.com
jd@stillmanvalley.org
slybri957@aol.com

Thanks,

DoGooder

(EDIT: I just noticed Mom has pasted the original list of weblogs onto her list a few posts above. I'll get more to add as I go through the blogs to find those who will be willing to help.)

Last edited by DoGooder on Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:13 am; edited 2 times in total
redwood
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU DA MOM!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI to all -

Flights are super super cheap right now (no kidding). Try travelocity's last minute deals. We have 3 possible airports in the DC area - Reagan National - your best bet for convenience - is listed as DCA on the travel sites. The airport is very near downtown. It usually costs a little more than BWI - Baltimore - about 30- 45 minutes from DC and they have the super shuttle you could catch right at the airport. Then there is Dulles - it's about the same distance from DC, compares in price to BWI but isn't as convenient.

Amtrak - please check into it - it's affordable, comfortable and drops you right in DC.

anyone need help finding an affordable hotel PM me and I'll do some legwork. Best bet on price is right outside DC in Arlington, VA or Maryland.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
Do you trust me?

What I posted earlier about Kerry's discharge is coming.

- Chief

Yes, and my apologies for not thinking about trolls.
At "the last minute", can you (offline) provide us with relevant distribution material?
olympian2004's flyers AND anything you can give us might be a nice one-two punch.
JEckert
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out if I can make it or not. Has a time been set yet?

To all veterans: Thank You!
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Trolls and virus Reply with quote

Somehow I think that these words are appropriate right now. Especially right now.

Back in 1778, Thomas Paine warned Americans about false patriots who wave the flag on sunny days, but fail to uphold liberty in stormy weather: "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
I can produce about 1,000 flyers on my own dime. I can also assist people in getting to a hotel near a metro stop which will be very convenient. As for viruses, will you trolls please stop. It is not annoying but my better half keeps asking me when and where did you meet these Moore-ons?
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti troll self edit

Seems pretty clear to me. Twisted Evil

It will be tough to juggle the schedule but I think I may very well make it. Still working out the details. I may even bring a friend.

"Retreat hell. We just got here."

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC

Last edited by BenDeR on Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEckert wrote:

I need to reach a quota of say: 25,000 people at the minimum???

Does anyone know what the largest crowd for a Bush rally was? Whatever it is -- we need to surpass that to get the proper media coverage.

I know there have to be millions of people opposed to Kerry.

Let's make a statement, shall we?

- Chief

Last edited by NavyChief on Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief: or Somebody How do you contact the Marines that are organizing the marathon? That would be great if they would join us or we could be near their area. How many of us so far?
CTW= 3

Never Ever Kerry
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW wrote:
NavyChief: or Somebody How do you contact the Marines that are organizing the marathon? That would be great if they would join us or we could be near their area. How many of us so far?
CTW= 3

Never Ever Kerry

Somebody near DC might want to flag Bushies to stay the hell away, once a schedule is set, too.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
JEckert wrote:

I need to reach a quota of say: 25,000 people at the minimum???

Does anyone know what the largest crowd for a Bush rally was? Whatever it is -- we need to surpass that to get the proper media coverage.

I know there have to be millions of people opposed to Kerry.

Let's make a statement, shall we?

- Chief

I remember Bush having a rally just this week where 50,000+ attended, have to look at where but it was like a rock concert Very Happy
Algesan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way I can make it, sorry. However, if we can get a way to distribute the vetted information, then I can hand deliver it to the local TV and radio stations. Just knowing the date and time wouldn't help, since a local station will just be taking the local feed.

Hmmmm, ok, there is a problem here with giving out the 'goods' (assuming there isn't an exclusive Chief has signed to somewhere, don't get indignant, money talks). There is no way anyone in the loop can vet me personally (or many others here) as a good risk in the time required.

Assuming Chief will be releasing info Sunday at the rally and the rally will be in the morning hours, would it be possible to have someone that is in the loop to transmit the information so it could be printed and delivered to local media outlets after the DC rally? The local rag (affectionately known as the mullet wrapper) probably will balk, but there is at least one radio station that might carry it on their local programming here and possibly more if they think they are getting scooped. For me, I have to take care of it Sunday since Monday morning I'm reporting to the airport for the mandatory wait before a flight (absentee is already in Wink ).

So, does Chief have the manpower available to gen up a press release + supporting documents from the rally that could be transmitted when (or just after) the rally begins?
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Contribution Reply with quote

I have a small contribution in the mail
Thankyou Chief
Algesan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that the Marines cannot show up as Marines, it is a violation of the UCMJ.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest count: 30 solid. I haven't made the call to the Swifties and POWs yet. I gotta have a substantial number before I do -- they are working hard in the battleground states.

- Chief

Last edited by NavyChief on Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: