SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STAND DOWN FROM DC RALLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Reagan Intl discourages Meet'n'Greets.

Navy Archive suggested as Point-of-Contact for all inbound. I shift shore service here in 6hrs and arrive DCA 1710....find hotel, eat and take up position.

reagan.airporthotelguide.com

reagan.airporthotelguide.com/airporthotels.html

reservations.lodging.com/servlet/AvailabilitySearch?greaterarea=&state=VA&city=Vienna

Leave your car out of town.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help if someone with some drag contacted PW.

We need to establish a CONCRETE rally point. Like RIGHT NOW.

There is nothing more frustrating than not being coordinated. Who's CTE on this op? We need someone local to DC. (NOT me, I'm barely alive, fighting a stomach virus, and I'm not sure I can make it into town. I SHOULD be able to be online, however)

It would be REAL nice if someone had a cellular laptop, so we could maintain some ELINT contact.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann Holland National Coordinator for POW/MIA Families Against John Kerry

againstkerry@aol.com
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
If we are looking at more than 1,000 people, we need to coordinate with DC Metro Police and get a parade permit.

Anyone contacted Protest Warrior yet?

Exactly, cipher.

Can someone check and see if this will be a plausible plan for us to meet with a large group in DC?

I have no clue about the permit part of this -- this could be a show stopper, so before we get to far into this, can someone check this out?

Honestly, I've got to hit the sack now.

- Chief
bc4gwb
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeksthetruth wrote:
I sent this to Drudge...

EXCELLENT...I was just about to do that, and will do so anyway since there's always strength in numbers!

I'm getting emails back from bloggers, including the BIGGIES, i.e. INDC (in DC, broke the Rathergate story)--they are asking what TIME. I know, not decided yet.

I can't go--single mama here, with a VA check for income--but will send a donation as soon as my VA $$ hits the bank!

IMHO, I would have it later in the day rather than earlier, to allow for out-of-towners, if many are going. Just sayin', because of my compulsion to offer my unsolicited opinion on everything! LOL

Word's out on the Ann Coulter message boards, too.
Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be there because of my health, but I used to work with someone who had inlaws in Virginia. I'm going to try to find him in the morning and see if he can get the word to his inlaws. He's very conservative, and I think his whole family was also. The reason I'm posting this before I turn in is to point out that we all might have relatives or associates who have ties to the DC area. If Navy chief gets the majic number some of these preople might be willing to alert friends and relatives that can make it to the rally. In the case of my former coworker I know that they were strong in their religion, and I thinks that it's possible that they could round up quite a bunch of people who would attend. This is all pie in the sky type stuff, but I think it's well worth trying.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, command decision time.

Let's say noonish Sunday at the Navy Archives in DC. Ready room briefing at 1100 hours for those on alert status, those on standby NLT 1200. Stragglers will have to wing it. Launch the ready at 1300 from the Archives, ETA on the Capitol steps: 1400.

Anyone see holes in this? Now is the time to poke at it.

We MUST have this firmed up NLT noon tomorrow, or it's going to fall apart.

Anyone got an in with DC Police?
seeksthetruth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
The discharge thing is posted on the Hannity message forums. They are linked to my blog and I'm getting a little traffic from there. They seem enthusiastic too.

We are all over it ...

1985 to 1989 US Army
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very concerned that if Chief leaves town without springing all the info first, it may not get out. When word of the news broke this morning it spread like wildfire. Maybe there could be different groups in all areas armed with the info and everyone hear can focus their efforts on their own media outlets. I am also curious why we don't focus on having groups at all the media outlets in New York, Outside of the Morning shows. Hand delivery of all documents to all media outlets. If everyone goes to D.C. and it doesn't get the coverage, its too late to regroup. Put out a focused package we can all print and distribute. If Chief has someone lined up to speak in person, they need to be readily available.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify - are we looking for 2,500+...or 25,000+?

I've seen both on this post tonight....
rosierita
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
EXPO: The MCM Runners’ Expo, held at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City on October 28-30, hosts more than 100 running, fitness and health vendors. All runners must attend the Expo to obtain their race bib, timing chip and participant shirt. Runners are encouraged to attend the Expo on Thursday evening, October 28 or Friday morning, October 29 to alleviate overcrowding and lengthy lines that occur on Friday and Saturday. Expo hours are Thursday, October 28 from 4 to 8 p.m.; Friday, October 29 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Saturday, October 30 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

this is from the marathon site ~ notice there is an expo w/ more than 100 fitness vendors there sat. from 8 am to 8 pm! we need to get some flyers together NOW to distribute there! (of course, that would be up to some of you already there!) if we can get this together & printed by early am, surely this will get us more exposure!

i think what you propose w/ the time line sounds good cipher! a 2pm rally time would be good i think...... my sister has run several marathons, i dunno what the length of this marathon is, but the start time is 8:30, my sister is an average/ above average runner & can run a 10 min. mile....
i am TIRED & i just dont see the length on the site.

anyhoo ~ i'm not computer savvy, but we need a flyer to distribute tomorrow at that expo!
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the deal folks. Here ids Hannity's schedule for this weekend. He will be at 10 different locations with Bennet, Zell, and Ollie. Admission is free. If we can get people at all of these events armed with a package we can get this to them 10 times over.

http://www.hannity.com/calendar/month.php
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeze, 25K is a HUGE number.

If that many people can show up in DC on a Sunday, it would be stunning.

250 to 2500 would be nice. More is merrier.

Which is WHY we need to get someone on the parade permit thing. With streets closed down for the Marathon (we'll be on the other end of town), the DC cops are going to have to look at closing streets to accommodate anything of SIGNIFICANT size.

The good news is that it's a Sunday. The bad news is we don't have a lot of time.
Darkhorse18
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off phone with Capitol Hill Police a permit is needed for anything close to 2,500. It is issued by their special events section Monday thru Friday. Sorry guys. Same thing is required from any of the other PD's. It is a really bad day. Street closures start at 6a and run till about 3p. The route comes from the memorial across a couple of bridges up to the capitol and around the mall it really is frantic. If some one is coming from out of town the need to hit one of the metro station outside that beltway and take metro in

Last edited by Darkhorse18 on Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
seeksthetruth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkhorse18 wrote:
Just got off phone with Capitol Hill Police a permit is needed for anything close to 2,500. It is issued by their special events section Monday thru Friday. Sorry guys.

Told you...just wing it...

1985 to 1989 US Army
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 10 of 20

Jump to: