SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Comanche's views of leftist impotence and cowardice

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: A Comanche's views of leftist impotence and cowardice Reply with quote

Fascinating article on one American Indian's views of leftist impotence and cowardice:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=13958

Don't Cry for Me, America
By David Yeagley
June 28, 2004

Don’t apologize to Indians! The United States government is has no right or reason to offer condolences to Indian warriors. A warrior never apologizes for war. A warrior never asks for apologies, either, especially after he has fought and lost.

But Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) wants the United States Congress to apologize to American Indians for the “official depredations and ill-conceived policies” the government has historically rendered to Indians. Brownback is a liberal Republican, who doesn’t even identify his own party on his official web site. His Resolution (S.J.Res. 37) is the apogée of every liberal sentiment ever expressed. It is the documentation of pure communist doctrine: you owe me. Brownback thinks Indians should feel perpetual resentment and condemnation for America.

No thanks, Sen. Brownback. As an American Indian, of a warrior tribe (Comanche), the last thing I want is an apology. I’m brave enough to love America, thank you.

Brownback’s proposal is itself ill-conceived, and more degrading than any past action of the government. An apology in this circumstance is the most humiliating gesture that the government could possibly make. Such an apology justifies nothing, but instead insults the honor of all Indians who fought, who died, and who earned the treaties with their blood.

Some Indian leaders have already voiced discontent over this apology. While Steve Cadue, Chairman of the Kansas Kickapoo tribe says he appreciates the thought, Deana Jackson, speaking for the Navajo tribe, says she’d rather see the United States simply keep it’s promises to Indians—now. Present actions speak louder than words about past wrongs.

But Jackson is not speaking as a warrior either.

As a warrior, I’ll say it myself: The United States owes nothing to the American Indian. The whites came, they saw, they conquered. Why be ashamed now? To what end? Offering an apology is not offering justice. Justice for the American Indian is for everyone to pack up and go back to Europe. An empty apology is degrading to the pride of every man and woman in the country, white or red.

The only thing the United States owes anyone is to keep its own honor. If the United States cannot honor itself, because of the impotence and cowardice of leftist values, then any apology from the government is an egregious groveling in self-indulgence. It is worse than a Bill Clinton apology.

Indeed, Clinton helped set the pace for these miserable attempts at gaining moral clout by apologizing. Clinton “apologized” to Hawaii for America’s “overthrow” of the Hawaiian kingdom. It was during his very first year in office, 1993, Joint Resolution 19 of the 103rd Congress. Clinton apologized for everything from the Civil War to, well, almost everything – short of his perjury under oath. And now with his new tabloid confessional, My Life (Knopf, 2004), we have a convoluted apology for that.

Apologizing has been “in” ever since. Liberals have turned Washington into a confession machine, as if apologizing automatically procures moral rectitude or establishes America’s right to exist, as if America must apologize for existing!

No. I say to America, be proud! Rejoice in the fabulous country you have created. Cherish it; love it; fight for every inch of it, again and again. Don’t be misled by theoretical self-righteousness, the fantasy of liberals. Don’t degrade yourself with hackneyed psychobabble. Don’t succumb to the therapist. Be strong. Be independent. Be what you’ve been all along, until you were seduced by the Communist usurpation of the word “equality.”

The world is not equal. It never has been; it never will be. The world belongs to the strong. If you are strong, then you can be charitable, responsible, and compassionate. But pulling your moral pants down and exposing yourself with some elaborate apology for irreparable “wrongs” does not accomplish justice, nor represent any worthy sentiment.

This isn’t about right and wrong. This is about strength. Strength alone decides what’s going to be considered right or wrong in a society.

So Brownback says America did Indians wrong.

So what? If there is absolutely no way that this wrong can be made right, why bother to apologize? That kills the word “apology.” That’s women’s talk.

Brownback’s resolution is absolute effrontery, an evidentiary testimony to the leftist ideology permeating the minds of American politicians and attorneys. It insults while professing to honor. It degrades while professing to exalt. It is characteristically superficial, designed to function in fantasy and intended to promote the cause of the underdog in the name of social righteousness. Instead, it foments discontent.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: