SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STAND DOWN FROM DC RALLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the groups like Faith 2 Action that is headed by Janet Folger and American Family Association headed by Don Wildmon? Janet Folger just had John O'Neill on her radio show last week and AFA just released a video called Let Freedom Ring about faith and the Presidency. Both groups have extensive email lists. I wouldn't know how to link them to the correct info (Hey Mom+Teacher=Never Had a Real Job) but I would think they would be interested in this development. Anyway my heartfelt prayers are with you and I have been spreading the word to family and friends.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That post from troll clearly shows how much the people don't know about this issue and Kerry. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
rocklobster11
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
I am going to try and use my humble contacts and exert pressure on Zell Miller and many other politicians to join us.

- Chief

From Free Republic:
[url]Tell Navy Chief: Zell Miller Will Be in Westerville, Ohio Tommorow 8:30 am[/url]

Chief,

You should consider going to Ohio instead. I think that this would be a much better way to get your message out than a rally in DC. Time is of the essence at this point, and if you could coordinate with one of the Hannity swing state visits (with Zell Miller, JC Watts, William Bennet, Ollie North), you could make a big impact. If you have the proof, they will certainly give you a forum to get it heard.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a lot of stupids out there..............

USCG
61-69
seeksthetruth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a legit question and it is not giving anything away...many people have asked what this is all about...it seems it is going to be about Kerry's dishonorable dishcharge...

If that is that case and evidence will be presented...then I will be there...I live in Ohio...and although this morning we are up in the polls...and I think we have the state hands down...what worries me is voter fraud. What I am saying is I need to be where I am best served...like so many on here...
A rally is great...but why? To what purpose? Need a few details...let the trolls squirm...nothing they can do...except help spread the word...Bush supporters troll their sites too.

Getting to DC especially on 24 hours notice is huge for most people...more info is needed if we want to get the kind of support we are looking for...from both the media and people attending.

Just my 4¢...

1985 to 1989 US Army
granny23
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the course for the marathon (from their web site which I posted on page 8. Something to consider in planning.

Marine Corps Marathon Course Changes for 2004:
New for the 2004 MCM is the starting line along Route 110. Runners will face in the opposite direction. The USATF certified course starts in Arlington, VA, and winds its way through the Roslyn district along Lee Highway before turning on Spout Run and the George Washington Parkway. Runners will experience a climb on Lee Highway in the first few miles of the new course, but are rewarded with a descent along Spout Run and the parkway. After crossing the Key Bridge into Georgetown, you will be on familiar territory through the District of Columbia. You will pass the Kennedy Center before entering the Mall area and numerous monuments and memorials, such as, the Lincoln, FDR, Korean War and Vietnam Veteran's memorials, Washington Monument, and the U.S. Capitol. The marathon once again returns to Haines Point and "the Awakening" in East Potomac Park before passing the Jefferson Memorial. After crossing the 14th Street Bridge back to Virginia, you will venture to Crystal City, return past the Pentagon and finish at the Marine Corps War Memorial. It is truly a beautiful course and aptly nicknamed "The Marathon of the Monuments."
Chuck Schick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Guys-

Just joined the board. I am one of your RightNation friends who have been following Navy Chief's efforts. I am in California and can't make it out there because of work, but I am sending along a donation via ASPB.

I will start a thread with the rally and donation information over there.

Best of luck, we'll be watching (hopefully the local RNers can show up.

You guys make us all proud.

-Chuck
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted on Free Republic: Deleted url: Please note, the letter referred to has not been authenticated as of yet.
Kimberly
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, once we get the info we can on the "less than honorable discharge", we should do a direct e-mail to everyone we know and ask them to please send it to everyone they know.

We don't NEED the media if the news is this huge.

The most powerful persuasion is done word of mouth.

A rally sounds nice, but I wonder if the energy and attention could be better spent in our home towns and with our neighbors and non-big Media sources for getting the news out.

As we wait for Navy Chief and the SwiftVet leadership to give us more guidance, we should work on creating our email list for distributing the info once we get our hands on it.

Each of us should think of anyone we know who could be swayed away from Kerry by knowing the truth, we should find the email addresses and phone numbers for all of our local tv stations and papers, the veterans associations in our area, etc., ask them to go to the voting booths with flyers of the information, etc.

LETS GET READY TO SPREAD THIS STORY LIKE WILDFIRE!!!!

Thanks,

Do Gooder
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
Just posted on Free Republic: Deleted url, unathenticated letter as of yet.

Kimberly

I'd feel a lot better if it didn't say "We are positive that John Kerry was one of those dishonorably dismissed from the Navy for collaborating with the Viet Cong....", but instead said -we have PROOF -
seeksthetruth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for a response to my post. I still do not see how we can get the support we need for this without answer that.

They are already talking about this being a fraud on hannity.com...and it ain't the trolls saying it's BUSH SUPPORTERS.

Quote:
I don't mean to be cynical or anything Vote4Bush, believe me I've a MAJOR Bush supporter.....but the rumors about these guys having something to prove Kerry was less than honorably discharged has been floating around all week. If they've got documentation, don't you think we would have seen it by now?

Someone better get ahold of Chief...or this is going to be dead before it even gets started.

1985 to 1989 US Army
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, I just send out the Freeper Post to the webliogs. Let's spread the word!!

We are trying to break this absolutely true story nationwide, i.e., Fox News, C-Span, and hopefully the major networks. We are positive that John Kerry was one of those dishonorably dismissed from the Navy for collaborating with the Viet Cong after he was released from active duty but still in the Navy and for a totally unauthorized trip to Hanoi. He later got an "honorable" separation in 1978, some 12 years after joining the Navy, under President Carter's "Amnesty Program" for draft dodgers, deserters, and other malcontents who fled to Canada and Holland, among other places, to avoid military service to our country

Deleted. Please note, this is an unathenticated letter. PLease refrain from posting this until SVPT have been able to obtain proper verification. Thank you.If you can get on the comments section of any of the weblogs, please add this info there!!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the SwiftVets are not careful their reputation as an reputable and honorable organization could be ruined by this. Exercise caution.
seeksthetruth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoGooder wrote:
Oooh, I just send out the Freeper Post to the webliogs. Let's spread the word!!

We are trying to break this absolutely true story nationwide, i.e., Fox News, C-Span, and hopefully the major networks. We are positive that John Kerry was one of those dishonorably dismissed from the Navy for collaborating with the Viet Cong after he was released from active duty but still in the Navy and for a totally unauthorized trip to Hanoi. He later got an "honorable" separation in 1978, some 12 years after joining the Navy, under President Carter's "Amnesty Program" for draft dodgers, deserters, and other malcontents who fled to Canada and Holland, among other places, to avoid military service to our country

Link to unathenticated letter deleted.

If you can get on the comments section of any of the weblogs, please add this info there!!

What absolutly true story?

From hannity.com:

Quote:
Oh goodie, more lies from the Swift Goons! Yet more evidence that these discredited propagandists will say anything.

Too bad they've already ruined whatever credibility they might have had. They'll be singing to right wing media choir though. They can cry in their beer on Wednesday why the legitmate media didn't pick up on whatever their latest lies they are trying to sell don't get any traction.

Better come up with something fast...this ship is sinking...and everyone is too hyped up to notice...I will ask again..."Is there a story here?"

Look guys, I am on your side...but this is not looking good...we need to come out of the clouds and find out what is really going on...

1985 to 1989 US Army
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been asked by the highest authorities (No -- I will not expound) to not hold this Rally.

Although our actions and intent has been nothing but honorable, this effort will not serve our purposes.

My sincerest apologies for this but I must ask that we stand down...

I certainly hope the "highest authorities" know what they are doing and I don't like this anymore than anyone else but I must ask you to stand down.

We can however, return to our previous effort in getting the truth to media outlets, Congress, and other influencial organizations.

This was a great idea and I'm very disappointed -- I hope you will forgive me for this. I'm assured that all will be clear in time (yeah right).

- Troy Jenkins (aka "Navy Chief")
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: