SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terrorist Attack on Tuesday Morning?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attack? He attacked us with a darned videotape. Otherwise all he has left are spitballs.
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously don't realize there are a large number of cells in our country. A video is known to be a common means of communicating with them.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The backlash from any attack such as this would be unstoppable.

I will go stand in line, if necessary, Tuesday and cast my ballot like they don't even exist. As long as I have the strength to push a pin through the card and not leave a "hanging chad," I'll be there, come hell or high water.

Don't ever let fear engulf you and allow our enemies to see any fear at all in us. Once we show fear, they own us.

The "Better Off Red than Dead" crowd has never won here. Don't let them now.
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be doing everything I can to get republicans out to vote on Tuesday. I will be voting on Tuesday. I am in a state that doesn't matter, but I believe that everyone should actively be involved this year in an effort to prevent Kerry from getting elected.

Nothing will change my vote against him.

I have never been politically active. This year I am motivated by the swiftvets who opened my eyes to Kerry, and about every other thing I have read about him since.

Though I do believe the video was not smart to put on, and I believe there is a chance of an attack before Tuesday. I don't think there will be one on election day. But who can really know.

Don't be afraid to go to the polls. Go stand up for what you believe. Drive others to the polls. Get out there as time is running out. A vote for Kerry is a vote for Michael Moore and Bin Laden.
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bush admin has really put a hurtin on Osama's capability within the US. I don't think we are going to see any attacks at the polls. I think that's why Osama's message is very different this time.

But, as someone who survived WTC 9/11 and both collapses...and still living in NYC...let me offer some advice.

Take the time "now", to get things in order. As a practical matter, know the drills. That exit..you never looked at. The "other" exits..you never thought about. Just mentally, go through it. 2nd, if you have anything left unsaid..to anybody..say it now. If there is someone you need to make amends with, or, anything you feel you might regret...or..an uncle you haven't talked to in years..etc...call them...thank them, tell them you love them. Tell your famiy you love and appreciate them. Express your feelings to them.

Say those things. They are the most important thing. Nothing else matters when that time comes. The people who "did" have time, made those calls if they could. What did they say? Do you remember? Tell those in your life...you love them...now. It will be a great comfort to you.

Lastly, heres' the drill folks: Gather your family, and have a "plan". This plan shoudl invovle meeting places..and ways to contact each other..should you get seperated. You can coordinate with neighbors...or friends..to have a contact, meeting place..and alt message relay system.

If you just think about...a whole neighborhood being blown up, all the power out, phones out, even cell phones not working....Moms across town working and Dad's travelling somewhere..and nobody can reach each other. Have a plan. Discuss it. It's entirely possible, if you live near an "event"...that you will recieve wounded..who stagger into your local. Have some sort of basic medical, triage, supplies. The emergency crews will get their quickly...but they are likely to be completely overwhelmed.
Have basic knowledge of how to treat burns...and stem blood flow..emergency medicine.

The basic ingredients for chemical decontaminant wash is "clorox" or bleech and water. Not too much clorox...as it can burn the skin. But, this is what they use as a wash. I keep a large container of it...as well as some bottled water..stuffed away. You can find info about it on the net.

Get this done....then....forget about it..and go on living your life to it's fullest.

Let me just end with this....there is truly...no way to be "prepared" for such an attack. The scope..is just so huge...and the dynamics...life threatening for HOURS on end...and fluid as it goes. Follow your instincts..and stay alert for changes. As time goes on...the situation will change..what was once safe..may not be anymore.

Get out of the entire area..as fast as you can...and be prepaired for nothing to work. Traffic won't go anywhere. Busses won't run. Subways probably out. Proceed to your designated meeting location. It may take you a day or more to get there. But, at LEAST you'll know...that's where you are to meet..and not be frantic trying to reach your family...on phones that no longer work. One last thing...wear shoes you can walk in. I mean...for Miles.

You can go as far wiht this as you like. (ie..gear etc stored at work..or supplies at your location). But, the idea is...once you have that in place...then go on living. You are prepared as best you can be...and trust me..it will help. If you don't have a living will..make one. Get all that in place. And then forget about it. If the time ever comes..God forbid, you can focus on saving lives...and staying focused on staying alive..and not have the added confusion of what do I do..how do I get in touch with my family...where do I go..etc.

That's the best advice I can give. It took 3 days before my wife and I could finally communicate with each other. She was out of state..and could not get back in. She knew I was there, at WTC ..and had no way to know where to call..or where I might be..etc...if I was alive or dead.
Have a plan.

Tthink about the things I've offered here...and take a little time to prepare now. But most importantly, after you have prepared....forget about it..and go on living your life to it's fullest. Always planned one day to take family for vacation..etc..? DO IT. Always planned "one day" to do something? DO IT! Take your family..and go! Go spend time together. Take those art lessons. Go skydiving. Whatever. Get prepared...then Go and live.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much for that very excellent post. I think I have been hiding in the sand, hoping I did not have to think about this. But my hubby and I will start to make some arrangements so we can be prepared.
thanks so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: