SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some additional Info that May help Discharge search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Some additional Info that May help Discharge search Reply with quote

Guys, years ago when I lived in the "belly of the beast" --Massachusetts where sad to say Kerry was one of my two "wonderful" Senators (Puke, Puke), I recall he went into the VA to have his face fixed. I can't put a date on that, but as far as I know if he had had less than an honorable discharge, the VA would not have let him do this. I only bring this up as a way of further pinning down the dates when he may have gotten this thing "upgraded". Hope this is useful for further research.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Some additional Info that May help Discharge search Reply with quote

barbgeo wrote:
Guys, years ago when I lived in the "belly of the beast" --Massachusetts where sad to say Kerry was one of my two "wonderful" Senators (Puke, Puke), I recall he went into the VA to have his face fixed. I can't put a date on that, but as far as I know if he had had less than an honorable discharge, the VA would not have let him do this. I only bring this up as a way of further pinning down the dates when he may have gotten this thing "upgraded". Hope this is useful for further research.

Barbgeo,

I'd say it was legitimate because he was a Senator in 85? and got his honorable discharge in 1978. Thanks for the information though, looks like his "face fixing" has been going on for quite some time! Very Happy
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Less than honorable does not mean an automatic denial of care at the VA. I believe they review on a case by case basis if less than honorable.

Kerry was a Senator at the time and that might make a few people jump without checking records.

Cazador
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: It caught my I at the time Reply with quote

His treatment at the VA at that time caught my eye only because my first gut reaction was "With all his Goddam money, why on earth does he feel compelled to suck off the Government system where people with real Service connected disabilites need treatment". I think this is just another character indicator of the guy we're dealing with
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Indeed, his past is quite troubling Shocked

Cazador
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face fixed?? My gosh what was it before he had it fixed?????? Sounds like nightmare material to me. No wonder he has nightmares......he has to look in the mirror to shave every am;/
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard he had some sort of jaw surgery because it cracked when eating/opening his mouth and such. Perhaps that is what is being referred to with his face?
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cazador wrote:
Hi,

Less than honorable does not mean an automatic denial of care at the VA. I believe they review on a case by case basis if less than honorable.
Kerry was a Senator at the time and that might make a few people jump without checking records.

Cazador

In bold is a true statement.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with access to public records in kerry area can lookup and see if he owned any land before 1987.
A dishonorable discharge prevents you from owning property.
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyone with access to public records in kerry area can lookup and see if he owned any land before 1987.

I think that applies only if there is a felony charge attached to it.

http://www.alsabaah.com/iframe.php?file=http://www.alsabaah.com/English.html
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsnmias wrote:

See http://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=186264

"... receiving a Dishonorable Discharge (DD) does NOT prevent you from owning property. The only thing I can think of that MIGHT apply, and this is really stretching it, would be an approved covenant from a Homeowners group that restricts felons from purchasing property within a subdivision. I am sure there would be some discriminating factor involved there, but when it comes to felons, there are some obscure restrictions. Barring some unusual circumstance, there is no reason a person receiving a DD should be barred from owning property. I am assuming we are talking land, house, business, etc. "
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsnmias wrote:

in most areas, this can be done by a computer search of local county records....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: