SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the VFW and the American Legion in this fight?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Where is the VFW and the American Legion in this fight? Reply with quote

I do not know if this question has been addressed before, It would seem to me that we would have heard more from VFW/Legion over some questions. Could have demanded that BOTH Bush and Kerry release their complete military records from the DOD.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Where is the VFW and the American Legion in this fight? Reply with quote

James Rebe'l wrote:
I do not know if this question has been addressed before, It would seem to me that we would have heard more from VFW/Legion over some questions. Could have demanded that BOTH Bush and Kerry release their complete military records from the DOD.

Under law, as tax exempt organizations, they stay out as is probably best. That should only go for certain churches where Kerry, Slick Willy and St. Hillary seem to spent a lot of time. Other denominations don't seem to have the same privelege.
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugesting that BOTH Kerry and Bush release their military records by signing a DOD for 180 is hardly parstian politics. We should make it an issue even if Kerry is defeated we should kill the head of the snake and much of the LEFTHEAD tail will die with it.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Rebe'l wrote:
Sugesting that BOTH Kerry and Bush release their military records by signing a DOD for 180 is hardly parstian politics. We should make it an issue even if Kerry is defeated we should kill the head of the snake and much of the LEFTHEAD tail will die with it.

I agree, but I'll guarantee the Kerry Koolaid drinkers wouldn't. Anything not favorable is partisan to them. I'd bet sooner or later, Kerry's records show up by hook or by crook. Probably the latter.
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both organizations are staunchly apolitical. This is stated on their webpages. This is also why I will never belong to either one. With respect to Kerry, his service record, and his repeated, deplorable denunciations of American service members, it isn't politics...

IT'S PERSONAL!
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The President has already released his records - he signed a Presidential order to that effect
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware that President Bush has released his records, I would like a Veterains organization to request the release of records for both men.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both candidates appeared before just about every major veterans organizations earlier this year. Since they claim non-partisan status, this is acceptable (even if barely). What bothers me is that many attending these functions remained seated listening to Traitor Kerry. Only a few were man enough to stand and turn their backs to him.

To me, this would have been the ideal time for them to make an issue out of both candidates releasing all of their records. All Bush had to do was say all of his were authorized for release. Kerry maintains, rather craftily, that he has released all the records, "that have been made available to him." He then ignores requests for him to sign the SF 180 thereby keeping up to about 100 pages of possibly damaging records hidden from public view.

I had dropped my American Legion membership a few years ago and was ready to fill out the membership application for the VFW, until I saw this. VVA was never even considered for membership, by me.

I fail to see any partisanship from either group had they asked each candidate to release all of their records, either by signing the SF 180 or by making a Presidential order. That the leftstream viewspapers and views media have never pressed this issue is way beyond disappointing. I see it as pure outright election manipulating, hiding pertinent data from the voters that should have been public months ago. Evil or Very Mad
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should carry this through, we should hound him even after he loses to release his complete military records. Kill the head and much of the tail will die.
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess the NAACP doesn't qualify as a tax exempt organization prohibited from endorsing candidates? And subject to the same rules ats anyone else?

That must be why they are claiming that they are being singled out by the IRS for "Bush bashing?"

Oh, I forgot, most rules and reason doesn't apply to certain organizations or protected classes.
JB Stone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see NO reason, political, funding, cowardice or OTHERWISE that this issue could not be pursued by any DECENT Veterans' Service Organization.

I think "quitting" before anyone has approached them is FOOLISH.

And, rather UN-Veteran like....!!!

Wink

Quote:
"Nothing will ever be attempted, if all possible objections must first be overcome." – Samuel Johnson

The Swift Boat Veterans, Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry, POW-MIA Families, and Winter Soldier folks didn't get THIS far by kissing butt.

Sure, when courting "media moguls" and such, one has to play the game.

However, I don't see how a MEMBER's question or suggestion should go totally unnoticed in ANY legitimate organization.

Depending on how you go about it, it may reveal the REALITY of those most vaunted organizations actual backbone quotient.

It's all about FORTITUDE, HONESTY, and PATRIOTISM.....some items very foreign to the Kerry camp.

Quote:
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man and brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

I applaud all who brought this set of facts forward.

And, I sit in awe of those who managed to survive their time in captivity in SPITE of John Effing Kerry.

Gentlemen, I SALUTE you all.....!!!!

Exclamation
LubyStarling
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Amen Reply with quote

Amen, you're telling it like it is. Amen. I salute the survivors of pow prisons and I applaude patriotism, honor, integrity and justice for all. For too long vets have been left deprived of posterity and justice. Amen, Amen, Amen!
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

Quote:
Both candidates appeared before just about every major veterans organizations earlier this year. Since they claim non-partisan status, this is acceptable (even if barely). What bothers me is that many attending these functions remained seated listening to Traitor Kerry. Only a few were man enough to stand and turn their backs to him.

Imagine the impact if the entire audience stood in unison and turned their back on Kerry. It would have dominated the news for days and set reporters to finding out the reasons behind such an action. As for me I would have immediately asked to be a member of such a group. I have no interest in being part of a politically correct veteran's organization that sits quietly and listens to Kerry lies.
Nalt
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nalt, you are right on the money!!!

The VFW and American Legion had a chance to make a real difference.

A change could have been made in the by-laws, in light of the huge discrepancies between the Kerry myth and the Kerry reality.

It would have been worth it to lose a few members, to stand up for truth - and more importantly, for the defense of this great country.
JB Stone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We should carry this through, we should hound him even after he loses to release his complete military records. Kill the head and much of the tail will die.

You GOT IT RIGHT...!!!

No more Mr. Nice Guy.... Twisted Evil

Quote:
“If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.” – Winston S. Churchill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: