SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If they murder the Marine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: If they murder the Marine Reply with quote

If the scum in Iraq do carry out their death threat on Cpl Ali Hassoun, they have no idea what kind of hell they will unleash. Before they decide to murder him, they might want to read Marine Corps history. The consequences are clear.
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: If they murder the Marine Reply with quote

Doc Jerry wrote:
If the scum in Iraq do carry out their death threat on Cpl Ali Hassoun, they have no idea what kind of hell they will unleash. Before they decide to murder him, they might want to read Marine Corps history. The consequences are clear.

Yeah BUT the Marines hands are tied with politics. All they can do is take hits, because to go after bad guys might cause the bad guys to take up arms, and that isn't very politically correct.

Politics and war never mixes. Thank goodness there was none involved in dealing with Japan.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I have the greatest confidence in the Marines to take care of their own - dead or alive - and properly deal with those who would kill a Marine prisoner in cold blood, I do not have as much confidence in the overall military command to deal with this matter decisively. I refer doubters to Fallujah; the Marines were about 40% through the town and were effectively destroying the terrorists and their weapons when they were stopped, and the military command's previous blustering resulted in a non-victory.

My heart's in the same place as yours Doc; I hope they're unleashed. If that does happen, may God have mercy on the terrorists' souls, because the Marines won't!

Semper Fi!
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've signed in at Vets4Bush.com you will have received a very nice email from a MGySgt about all this. If you haven't, you can email me and I'll forward it to you.
My daughter emailed it to a bunch of Marines at Camp Pendleton and she said she has received it back already (in less than an hour). She said it's spreading like wildfire there. I would think it's all over Lejeune and Twennynine and Yuma and etc.
Semper Fi
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unleash the Devil Dogs you say walt? They made a desert out of Belleau Wood, they'd make the desert look like the moon.

I've never been active politically, I've always just cast my vote and be done with it. But this election has got me riled big time. Can anybody imagine Al Gore at the helm during all of this?

Nuff said!

Semper Fi
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devil Don, I posted the letter on the other forum.

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Walt and Bandit Reply with quote

You both bring up good points. First of all, let's pray the good Cpl gets out of this one. But, God forbid, if he does not; let's hope the politicians get the hell out of the Marines' way.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I share your concern about Cpl Ali Hassoun. Where's the outrage over Pfc. Keith Matthew Maupin. Sad
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My humble apologies, JN173; I'm sure the Army grunts would like to exact a little vengeance too! PFC Maupin's life is just as important, and the consequences should be no less. Semper Fi!
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Walt.

Unfortunately I'm pestimistic that with the granting of sovereignty back to the Iraqi's that anyone is going to get the oppurtunity to settle the score.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: As outraged Reply with quote

Don't misunderstand me, I'm as outraged that Keith Maupin may have been murdered by these scum. However, the Marine is still alive (to the best of our knowledge). These scum have to understand we will not tolerate their murdering any more of our POW's. We have to draw a line in the sand and it has to be now. As Ralph Peter's wrote in the NY Post yesterday, we have to fight these (edited by admin) immediately, remorselessly and comprehensively. In other words, we have to kill them ALL before they kill us.

Any chance we can convince Michael Moore to be a 'human shield?"

Admin note: Language...please?

Thank you
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: GOOD ONE!!! Reply with quote

Any chance we can convince Michael Moore to be a 'human shield?"
Laughing Laughing Laughing
JOHN H. MULFORD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Moore would make a great (in)human shield! Reply with quote

We could run in a company of Devil Dogs behind his fat ass. Tell it to the Marines! Throw in some artillery too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: