SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STATUS OF KERRY DISCHARGE STORY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm. guess we know now why Warner was so quiet.

Amazing how sKerry always picks people that choose personal career gains over doing the right thing for their country.
Debs
Lieutenant

Another article:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E29805%257E2143666,00.html

Debbie
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

I'm confused, maybe someone should straighten me out.

A Senator and former SecNav, who has knowledge of the changes of Kerry's discharge status, is being considered for SecDef in a Kerry administration.

This is why we're on hold??? I don't get it.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its the same Warner, somebody here e-mailed him and then they posted his reply on the Emergency thread, page 8. It reads rather 'distant' and aloof to me, don't think he was too happy about getting the e-mail, imo. Hope that helps...seems everyone's faster at finding things, but I remembered reading that letter.

Kimberly
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another article I found while searching --However, the main issue of this article is intriguing, it is mostly about how gays and how his proposed appoointment of Republican Senators such as Warner for Secretary of Defense relates to gays in the military....interesting indeed. What I get from this is Warner is in favor of "Dont ask Dont Tell", but Kerry is all for openly gay in the military. According to the article, this could cause outrage among homosexuals if Warner would be appointed. Maybe that's why Warner wasnt listed in the latest cabinet member possibilities from the UK article---Kerry doesnt want to aggravate the gay vote with respect to military policy. Shocked

http://www.ohioroundtable.org/library/articles/life/kerry_support.html

Also this from NY Daily News...I actually laughed at McCain's response.

Quote:
ORLANDO - John Kerry knows whom he wants running the Pentagon: Republican John McCain.
The Democratic presidential hopeful said yesterday the fellow Vietnam War vet would be his top pick to replace Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, who Kerry thinks should resign following revelations of the torture of Iraqi prisoners.

"I'm not the President today," Kerry told Don Imus on his radio show, but, "I have any number of people that I would make Secretary of Defense, beginning with our good friend John McCain, as an example."

The Arizona senator's name has surfaced on the long list of potential running mates for Kerry, but he has denied any interest.

"No thanks, no thanks," McCain said in Washington yesterday, when asked about Kerry's latest comments about the top Defense Department job.
Kerry added that "there are a number of people [who] are unbelievably capable." Other possible Pentagon bosses he said he would support include Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John Warner (R-Va.), the top-ranking members of the Armed Services Committee.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/story/192880p-166663c.html

Looks like all the articles are stemming from two different interviews, but reading the additional stuff, like McCain's response and the Lesbian/Gay response makes it even more "entertaining".

Last edited by ord33 on Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
If its the same Warner, somebody here e-mailed him and then they posted his reply on the Emergency thread, page 8. It reads rather 'distant' and aloof to me, don't think he was too happy about getting the e-mail, imo. Hope that helps...seems everyone's faster at finding things, but I remembered reading that letter.

Kimberly

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14954&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

broken link edited/me#1
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is truly amazing. We have an election occurring for the most powerful position in the world and we have no idea what discharge he got. In my 18 years of military service I have never met a single officer that got anything other than an Honorable Discharge. If sKerry in fact did get an Other than Honarable discharge... that's significant!! But, because the MSM loves this guy and have the power to promote their agenda, we will not know.

I'm so pissed right now. As Lynn Cheney said, sKerry in "not a good man", and he's gettting a "pass" from the media. Unf'ngbelievable.
wonhyo
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Was Tom Delay ever contacted? Reply with quote

I don't know Tom Delay, but from what I've seen, he's willing to buck the system and get the message out!
CINC-House
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Was Tom Delay ever contacted? Reply with quote

wonhyo wrote:
I don't know Tom Delay, but from what I've seen, he's willing to buck the system and get the message out!
Quote:

Delay's not willing to buck anything right now. He's having to fight for reelection here in Texas...thanks to all the uproar about the redistricting issue.

gerson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JN173 wrote:

Quote:
I'll stand down for now, but I'll be standing by for your "Head 'em up, Move 'em out".

http://www.dailyrecycler.com/blog/2004/10/choice.html
Hopefully, this will cheer everyone up. I mean, look what we are up against! Twisted Evil
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="gerson"] JN173 wrote:

Quote:
I'll stand down for now, but I'll be standing by for your "Head 'em up, Move 'em out".

If Cheif says stand down, I'll stand down until he says otherwise. I've never had a reason not to beleive in him. He's put an awful lot more on the line than I have.

Let us know what's going on when and if you can Cheif.
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: KIMBERLY Reply with quote

As promised it was in the EMERGENCY THREAD pg. 8 TYVM
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the "what's going on" & "when" be posted on each area of this site? Just know where to look when I come on tomorrow ... assuming my eyes still work.
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy wrote:
I'm confused, maybe someone should straighten me out.

A Senator and former SecNav, who has knowledge of the changes of Kerry's discharge status, is being considered for SecDef in a Kerry administration.

This is why we're on hold??? I don't get it.

Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours...f**k the American
people and the country I was elected to serve...political
payback...ah...believe that aroma blowing in the wind is
skunk!
join him, for then it costs nothing to be a
patriot.”
- Mark Twain
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy with the speculation people. I know it would be easy to try and play connect the dots, but we have very few dots to work with here as it is.
When and if things fall into place we will learn the Truth then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: