SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lurker Intro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoNaYet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Lurker Intro Reply with quote

Hello Swiftvets,

I've been lurking for awhile and have not joined in because I didn't quite feel worthy since I am not a vet myself, but I felt at this point I should make myself known.

I'm just back inside after a long session casting ball for my .58 flintlock. My daughter and I do Revolutionary War reenacting.

My wife, my two daughters and I have cast our votes for GWB in Florida as of today. The wife generally leans left, and you know how ultimately superior (clueless) and liberal most teenagers are, but in this election they all agree that Kerry is a total hypocrite; one thing we can't stand.

My AWI daughter is prepared to hold on to her flintlock and she knows what JFK would do about that!

I never was in the service; was in college Navy ROTC when Viet Nam ended and there was not a lot of enthusiasm there and I dropped out. I ended up spending a lot more time acting like an infantryman with a SWAT team at a federal installation. If I had stuck it out my dream posting was hydrofoil patrol craft.

My dad passed away a couple of months ago; he was a Korean War 82nd Airborne vet. My grandfather was an Army doctor at a german POW camp in Arizona.

I will probably drop back to lurking, but at least now you know we're here.

NoNaYet
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard from all of us. And thank the family for their votes. Please encourage or provide help to others that havent' voted. The election will turn on 2 important acspects 1. Who will turnout their voter base. 2. Voter Fraud and can it be overcome by a hugh turnout.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard and God bless you for your vote, take it from the vets here, you made a very wise choice!
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a vet either, and yet the Swiftees have let me blabber all over this site. They have been very welcoming to me.
If you know something that needs to be said, I think you should speak up and don't lurk.
You might have an idea about something that could really help.
Don't worry, if you get out of line they'll correct you.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! There are all types of people here - I'm not a vet either but know quite a few. My dad was an Army WWII Vet that served in the Pacific (a Frogman Wink ) My brother-in-law was Army blackops in Vietnam - still has scrapnel in an eye but could never get disability cause he 'wasn't really there Wink My fiance' is a former Marine Captain, and me, I am a DOD contactor for the Navy.
And, I hate liars and traitors. That's the best reason.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come November 3, everyone will be veterans. Veterans of the battle of defeating John "F"in Kerry Laughing

Unlike J"F"inK, we won't collaborate with the enemy and advocate tucking tail and running. This is a battle to the bitter end.

Active military, veteran, combat veteran and civilian, we are all united in our desire and intent to see Kerry crash and burn!
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, don't feel shy (like me Smile ).... You think someting needs to be said, say it (unlike me Mr. Green )....
I hope you enjoy your stay Wink
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.

I am another non-vet member. This site happens to be about the swiftees but I think that the ongoing common bond we all share here, other than stopping effinkerry, is a love of certain values that the swiftees represent i.e. truth, honor, integrity, and courage. Within those values we can disagree on many things political but not on the importance of those values. That is why the swiftees attract democrats, republicans, liberals, conservatives, and moderates alike. I believe we are the face of America as it should be.

Glad to hear your family is voting all Bush this year. Its going to be a grand victory in many different ways!

Zell Miller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: