SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Agreed with Tora Bora Strategy at the time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Kerry Agreed with Tora Bora Strategy at the time Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/printer_friendly.pl?page=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/30/134736.shtmlSaturday, Oct. 30, 2004 1:46 p.m. EDT

Kerry Endorsed Bush's Tora Bora Strategy

After Osama bin Laden released his pre-election video yesterday, John Kerry repeated his criticism that President Bush let the terror kingpin get away by "outsourcing" the job to Afghan forces when we had bin Laden cornered in the Tora Bora mountains.

But it turns out that in December 2001, when the Tora Bora operation was under way, Kerry endorsed Bush's tactics during an interview with CNN's Larry King. Kerry said the Bush plan to get bin Laden "is having its impact, and it is the best way to protect our troops and sort of minimalize the proximity, if you will."

Lest anyone mistake his endorsement as half-hearted, Kerry added:

"I think we have been doing this pretty effectively, and we should continue to do it that way." The quotes, unearthed Saturday by New York Times columnist David Brooks, only add to Kerry's image as a political opportunist who tailors his rhetoric to fit the moment.

According to Kerry, says Brooks: "When we rely on allies everywhere else around the world, that's multilateral cooperation, but when Bush does it in Afghanistan, it's 'outsourcing.' In Iraq, Kerry supports using local troops to chase insurgents, but in Afghanistan he is in post hoc opposition."

The Tora Bora contradiction exposes the credibility gap in Kerry's anti-terror pronouncements, says Brooks. "Many people are not sure that he gets the fundamental moral confrontation. Many people are not sure he feels it, or feels anything."
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man is a fool, he has taken so many positions on so many issues he can not help but contradict himself. What amazes me is that there are people who actually believe his words at all.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the same interview, he said:

SEN. JOHN KERRY (D-MA), FOREIGN RELATIONS COMMITTEE: I think our guys are doing a superb job. I think we've had, things break for us, the way, one would want them to, but in addition, I think the people you just heard, they are trained, they are ready. I think we have been smart, I think the administration leadership has done it well and we are on right track.

He is such a loser! Wink
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Dick Durbin (D-IL) Reply with quote

They had UBL's cell phone monitored when he was in Tora Bora, but the other Illinois Dick could NOT wait to come out of his NSA breifing and annouce it to CLM (Corrupt Lib Media)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
In the same interview, he said:

SEN. JOHN KERRY (D-MA), FOREIGN RELATIONS COMMITTEE: I think our guys are doing a superb job. I think we've had, things break for us, the way, one would want them to, but in addition, I think the people you just heard, they are trained, they are ready. I think we have been smart, I think the administration leadership has done it well and we are on right track.

He is such a loser! Wink

OMG skerry is such a loser. Mad
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doll wrote:
carpro wrote:

He is such a loser! Wink

OMG skerry is such a loser. Mad

NO. Kerry the Fraud is a traitor who met and negotiated with the enemy while US soldiers were still in combat fight. He will say and do ANYTHING to promote himself, while at the same time portraying himself as patriotic and middle class defender. The worst kinds of human being.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Kerry lies about lying! Reply with quote

Is this getting out to everyone by any means?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: