SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On Filing A Class Action Lawsuit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: On Filing A Class Action Lawsuit? Reply with quote

I was brought up to hope for the best but always be prepared for the worse. In the unlikely event that Kerry gets elected, perhaps it would be best to prepare for that unlikely eventuality at this time.

Not being an attorney, but knowing that there are members of this board that are, I am interested in knowing whether there is a possibility of filing a Class Action law suit for Damages against John Kerry for Defamation of Character of Vietnam Veterans before the public. 2,700,000 Vietnam Veterans at a nominal $1,000.00 per reputation per Veteran, would put Terazah and John on Welfare for life.

Is filing suit technically possible?
rlgoodin
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Can't do that But... Reply with quote

Don't think you can sue the president, he is protected from that but by just making sure you do not split your ticket (Republican only) will guarantee that John has a very rough time. I am willing to go on the record as saying that "We will have a impechable offense in 3 to 18 months, and this time it will not be lying to Congress, it will be treason, an offense punishable by death!" Wink

Richard Lee Goodin
Cave Creek, Arizona
08:00 am Saturday, 23 October 2004
stylin19
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X42i got sued in office, for things he did before he got to office
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And lets transfer a little of Michael Moore’s riches to our current troops while we are at it. And send a message that you can not package a packet of lies and market it as a documentary without repercussions. Other wise Michael Moore and others like him will continue to under mine our troops one documentary after the next just like Hollywood did with one Vietnam movie after the next that perpetuated the Kerry lies of 1971.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
KnowsKnot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
And lets transfer a little of Michael Moore’s riches to our current troops while we are at it. And send a message that you can not package a packet of lies and market it as a documentary without repercussions. Other wise Michael Moore and others like him will continue to under mine our troops one documentary after the next just like Hollywood did with one Vietnam movie after the next that perpetuated the Kerry lies of 1971.

I was wondering how to do that the other day. Maybe this is nothing new but the (bad words ommitted) is arranging for all of us to have a free viewing of his "movie." It makes no sense to me the video stores that are providing it free would be paying for the thing.

Wonder if you'd have the same problem as a regular rental if you chacked it out and accidentally sort of lost it on the way home? Hey, if nothing else find out who the video stores of his friends are in your area.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-films/fahrenheit911/free/index.php

I would never advocate anything illegal like vandalism. But bad luck happens to all of us at times. Cool
Mustang
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: On Filing a Lawsuit against Kerry Reply with quote

Mustang [see similar topic] has been attempting to generate traction for this effort since mid September, and apparently the legal community is more interested in the pursuit of billable hours rather than the pursuit of Justice
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:

Coldwarvet: Thought this might be of some interest to you. I heard on BOR last night Michael Moore personally has been responsible for 24% of undecided voters voting for BUSH. They found him so disgusting they didn't want to vote for his party.

Avant
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Yes I saw that myself, however I have found BOR to be all about spin I do not place any weight on the info he distributes. And the beef I have with Moore is the subversive nature of his tall tails that aid and comfort he is providing to our enemy.

CWV

JK
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: On Filing A Class Action Lawsuit? Reply with quote

Regardless of the election outcome Kerry should be sued for his illegal actions. Surprising that the class action lawyers haven't sprung up to look into this issue, one concern is that these class action lawyers are noted for charging excessive fees and leaving the claimants with little, in fact there have been recent cases where a judge had to become involved to protect the claimants from these attorneys.

Besides the civil law suit the criminal case should be prepared against him for his wartime criminal activities. We can never expect the Congress to be of much assistance I expect Kerry has many allies in both parties. I never liked the close association with Sen. McCain.

JK
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: On Filing A Class Action Lawsuit? Reply with quote

ETEE wrote:
I was brought up to hope for the best but always be prepared for the worse. In the unlikely event that Kerry gets elected, perhaps it would be best to prepare for that unlikely eventuality at this time.

Not being an attorney, but knowing that there are members of this board that are, I am interested in knowing whether there is a possibility of filing a Class Action law suit for Damages against John Kerry for Defamation of Character of Vietnam Veterans before the public. 2,700,000 Vietnam Veterans at a nominal $1,000.00 per reputation per Veteran, would put Terazah and John on Welfare for life.

Is filing suit technically possible?

In 1976 the liberals were still waiving their middle fingers at us when we wore our uniforms and my son who enlisted into the Navy had a hippie waive his middle finger at him while on liberty. To a lesser extent both the pre Vietnam era veteran and the post Vietnam era veteran along with the guys actively serving have been damaged by Kerry. And the last number I saw was about 26 million.

CWV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: