SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ok computer geeks

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Ok computer geeks Reply with quote

How in the hell do I post a picture on here, I got some good ones from my boy in the Corps. I saved them to my C drive but can't figure out how to post it. I think I have a ID ten T error, ID-10-T, IDIOT. Help me if you can, the are pretty motivational. Semper Fi.[/img]
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the top of the page and hit FAQ. It will tell you how to do it. You'll need a place to store the picture on the web that this site can access. That can be and normally is with your ISP.

If not there are photo hosting sites that you can find on the Web that will provide the service.

This Board, like most, does not provide photo-hosting.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, Marine4Life,

You'll usually get 5MB per username with your ISP (comcast, aol, etc.) so you may have free web space that is fine to use to store your pictures.

Some may not allow "remote calls" for the picture - posting your image on this board is a remote call - something outside your webspace is calling for your image, and they don't allow that because it can eat up bandwidth.

A free site that allows remote calls and is easy to use is at www.photobucket.com

I use www.picturetrail.com - it's $20/year for up to 500 pictures or 50MB's of space. Very easy to learn to use and a nifty uploader utility so that you can set it to upload folders full of pictures at one time. Just like navigating around your hard drive and CD's in Windows Explorer. It's been well worth it, and unlike using space on your ISP, your pictures posted to a web site like this are anonymous.

Good luck and if you run into any trouble, I'll try to help you out. Smile
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guy's thanks, I'll give it a try. I can fix anything with a wrench but this stuff gets me sometimes. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: