SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please,we need your prayers and good thoughts!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Please,we need your prayers and good thoughts!!! Reply with quote

My grandson just called and told me to ask you for prayers for his best friend Nick. A roadside bomb went off where they were,sometime during the night ,my time,one Marine was hit in the back,and a large piece of shrapnel went through one leg. But Nick has a severe head injury.He's still in surgery. Brandon is very worried for his friend.
Thank you
NoDonkey
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Please,we need your prayers and good thoughts!!! Reply with quote

Marine's Wife wrote:
My grandson just called and told me to ask you for prayers for his best friend Nick. A roadside bomb went off where they were,sometime during the night ,my time,one Marine was hit in the back,and a large piece of shrapnel went through one leg. But Nick has a severe head injury.He's still in surgery. Brandon is very worried for his friend.
Thank you

God Bless Brandon and Nick. I will pray for them tonight.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Subject Reply with quote

Thank you so much! He is really hurt by this-the prognoses is not good.
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MW, All my thoughts and prayers are with him, your son, and all our troops everywhere, but, especially for Nick. God bless him and your family in the trying time. As an old Air Force guy, Semper Fi!!!!

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
NoDonkey
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Subject Reply with quote

Marine's Wife wrote:
Thank you so much! He is really hurt by this-the prognoses is not good.

Please be assured that Nick will recieve the best care possible from very dedicated US military medical teams. I attended the American Military Surgeons on the United States (AMSUS) conference in San Antonio last fall and took in a riveting presentation by a surgeon (Navy Captain) who had served during the war at a forward surgical company. I was amazed at all of the advancements Navy Medicine has made even since Gulf War in 1990.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Please,we need your prayers and good thoughts!!! Reply with quote

Roger

Marine's Wife wrote:
My grandson just called and told me to ask you for prayers for his best friend Nick.

Wilco
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Subject Reply with quote

Thank you. All of you. My grandson, and many others in the service,are reading my board,when they get the chance.Looking for support and prayers.
The front page shows a small number of "viewers"but stats show well over 7,000 viewers,in less than a month. I've sent Letters to the editor in many towns,letting them know that we do care,and we're not treating our fighting men,and women the shameful way the returning VNVets were treated.The email address I've given stays full,of troops,and families,who have read. If you would like to show your support and prayers,here is the place to do it.
Again,thank all of you.I'm enya2 there for security purposes.

http://pub84.ezboard.com/bvoicesofpatriots
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine's Wife,

I speak for my family and friends when I say May the peace and mercy of our Lord protect and be with each of you on each step of your journey. Look to him for strength and to us for support. God bless you all and God
bless the United States of America!!

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too add these brave two men, their families and friends to my prayer list!

I agree - Semper Fi!

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MW, your grandson and his friend are in my thoughts and prayers.

It's sad to see this happening yet again, but this is an enemy that will have to be destroyed, not just defeated. The sacrifices these young people are making should not be in vain this time.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: My Grandson left a message for all of you under "My Gra Reply with quote

Please, be sure to read and post. They ARE reading that board! Thank all of you so much. Nick is still in need of prayers.I'm sure his family does too.
Lew,please check the membership,and help Walt register. I don't have enough sense to do it, and the adm. who helps seems to be AWOL. Make no mistake,I want ALL of you with me. I need your strength,and support. You've turned into the best friends I've "met" on line. I love you for accepting an old lady who isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer,but my loyalty and heart is pure,and untarnished.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine Wife

If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to let me know. Will keep both boys in my prayers. If they need any kind of care packages I will be willing to get some out to them.

Theresa
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Subject Reply with quote

What they're looking for more than anything is support and prayers,where they can see them. just go to the website,look under 'Stories'-prayers-click on reply,or new topic-register-give yourself a username,and password,and you should be in. They read every chance they have,which is not often for them.They only have so many minutes each,to read,when they come back to camp to clean up,and a few hours rest. Thank you so much!

http://pub84.ezboard.com/bvoicesofpatriots
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers are with Nick and his family. And my prayers are with all of you out their in harms way. This veteran community loves you and thanks you for your service. All of us here back in the states are able to continue on with our normal lives because of your service and will always be in your debt.

God bless and be with all of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: