SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attention on Deck!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KWJams
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Attention on Deck! Reply with quote

Folks as a former Marine Infantryman you will need excuse my bluntness.

This is starting to look like a major cluster -- f*ck in here!

Someone please step up and take charge --what is our marching orders?

Stand Down -- Take Action -- What?

Clean out the clutter -- make a directive post -- make it a sticky and lock it so ten pages of fluff does not need to be sifted through.

It is time to lock and load!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm ready to march on orders and we should get organized.

I can make calls and send out info to all news outlets all day. My slate is clean for most of the day.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Attention on Deck! Reply with quote

KWJams wrote:
Folks as a former Marine Infantryman you will need excuse my bluntness.

This is starting to look like a major cluster -- f*ck in here!

Someone please step up and take charge --what is our marching orders?

Stand Down -- Take Action -- What?

Clean out the clutter -- make a directive post -- make it a sticky and lock it so ten pages of fluff does not need to be sifted through.

It is time to lock and load!

It's the distributed nature of the Internet at work that makes this a challenge to direct.

While I'm not in charge, I am encouraging everyone to CALL THEIR SENATORS as a part of a communication campaign.

We had thousands of calls go to Capitol Hill last week, and it's time to keep the pressure on. See directions:

Since we got news of the documented link between John Kerry, the Vietnam Veterans Against the War, the anti-war movement and the communist North Vietnamese government early this week, I’ve been encouraging readers of this board to CALL THEIR SENATORS, among others.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41106
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41142
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41194

My sister used to work for a couple of congressmen on Capitol Hill. Every Representative and Senator has a process in place to receive and process constituent phone calls.

Now, the New York Sun's has an article about John Kerry's discharge:

http://www.nysun.com/article/4040

WHAT IS GOING ON?? WE ARE CITIZENS AND WE WANT TO KNOW WHY JOHN KERRY'S TIES TO COMMUNISTS AND THE HIDING OF HIS BACKGROUND HASN'T BEEN INVESTIGATED BY THE SENATE OR THE MEDIA.

KEY POINT: For every ONE phone call they get, staffers and the congressmen assume that anywhere from 10-100 other people feel the same way, but don’t take the time to call. Sooo…since so few people actually call, in proportion to the population at large, EACH phone call can be vitally important.

I believe it would be fair to say that our calls helped Sen Majority Leader Bill Frist get in touch with NavyChief last week…correct me if I’m wrong, NC.

Email is not as effective, since their in-boxes are overflowing right now. Plus, phone calls have that personal touch….

GUIDELINES:

Be polite, be specific, be as factual as possible.

Use the links and posts on the board to muster your collection of facts and information.

DO NOT share scripts between each other – they can smell ‘em a mile off and it greatly diminishes the impact of what you’re trying to do. This is personal….

DON’T expect to get a call back – that’s not what this is about. This is about pushing for them to TAKE ACTION! We want our voices to be heard in a collective fashion, versus having them try to keep track to who to call about what issues.

DON’T expect to change minds when you call the Democratic offices. Again, that’s not the purpose (although I’d love to be a fly on the wall if any of the Democratic staffers actually go to the web sites and read the evidence…). Our purpose is to get ACTION, and numbers is one way to get this issue over the “Tipping Point” (see: Malcolm Gladwell’s book, The Tipping Point). Once it tips, the tides rush in. We need to help make the tip happen….

WHY SENATORS?

The United States Congress is one the biggest ‘Ole Boys Network around. John Kerry has been part of that club for 20 years. You can bet that many, many people do not want to get involved in anything related to our mission.

They want it to GO AWAY - and we can see it happening. They want to stall, and dance, and twist, and avoid touching this. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. They won’t rat out a fellow Senator unless extreme pressure is applied - and we are applying it!

However…power abhors a vaccum. The old military principal of "kick 'em when they're down" applies here. We need to keep kicking, and others will pile on it. If Kerry is trending negatively in the polls (and that's happening), and takes a big hit on Tuesday...let's see what happens Cool

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS. THE SENATE (and the House of Representatives) WORKS FOR US. ONE OF THEIR OWN HAS BEEN FOUND OUT. WE WANT THEM TO TAKE ACTION INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY. They will each be up for election one day – and the Pajamahadeen has loooong memories.

The Senate is the Big League (House members might disagree with me, but Senators get better offices!) – when they speak, the media tends to listen pretty well.

Your MARCHING ORDERS:
CALL BOTH OF YOUR STATE'S SENATORS. Republican, Democrat – doesn’t matter. You’re not debating them, you’re DEMANDING THEY TAKE ACTION on this issue.

CALL BOTH THEIR WASHINGTON D.C. OFFICES AND THEIR LOCAL CONGRESSIONAL OFFICES.

USE THIS WEB SITE TO FIND BOTH NUMBERS: http://congress.org/congressorg/home/

Congress is not in session, so don't expect them to be in Washington, D.C. They may very well be in their home districts or even in their local offices. Call both.

CALL SENATE MAJORITY LEADER (leader of the GOP's in the Senate) BILL FRIST (again. Keep up the pressure).

CALL BOTH HIS D.C. AND LOCAL TENNASSEE OFFICE:
202-224-3344
615-352-9411

THEN, CALL THE SENATE WHIP (#2 GOP man in the Senate) MITCH MCCONNELL - BOTH OFFICES
202-224-2541
502-582-6304

THEN, CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AND REGISTER YOUR DEEP CONCERN over this issue. Let the President and his team know we’re out here and we’re ANGRY.
202-456-1414

For good measure, if you're still in the mood to be feisty -

CALL SEN TED STEVEN'S (Senate President Pro Tempore - oversees the Senate when the VP isn't available) OFFICE
202-224-3004
907-271-5915

These are the key leaders in the Senate.

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS, MANY OF US VETERANS, WHO WANT ANSWERS. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON JOHN KERRY IS AND WHAT HE'S HIDING. WE ARE ANGRY AND WE WANT ACCOUNTABILITY FROM OUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES.
KWJams
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Attention on Deck! Reply with quote

MJB wrote:

While I'm not in charge, I am encouraging everyone to-----

With all due respect, we need someone who is in charge to speak up.

This entire episode is way too serious to go off half cocked and end up hurting the cause with good intentions.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Zell Miller's office a minute ago to make them aware of all this - the lady who answered was very nice and said she had been getting a lot of calls on all this, and said "they" were in a meeting now about this. I asked her if he was going to make a public announcement or something and she did not know at this time but that they were in a meeting concerning this.

I think if anyone can get this out effectively to the public it will be Zell Miller - at least I am hoping and praying, as time is not on our side, and he is a courageous patriot who I don't think will think twice about bucking the system - the old boy network of the Senate - to do what is right for this country.

WE ARE BEING HEARD!

His number is

Phone: (202) 224-3643
Fax: (202) 228-2090

Debbie
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Georgia and I have emailed & faxed all the info to Zell, Saxby Chambliss and my Congressman John Linder. I have the phone numbers with me in my car to call while I'm driving to my clients. I'm telling them that a Press Conference demanding Kerry release the remaining of his military records TODAY is in order with the information. That if this man is elected and this comes out after the election and IT WILL come out, the military will never respect him and our national security is at risk! This has to be answered!
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while we wait for orders, I think we should at least raise the question as to why Kerry has not addressed this to everyone and anyone we can think of.

I have been adding relevant comments to as many weblogs as I can get into to spread the word.

Unfortunately, can't get into some of the weblogs to comment because I am not registered. If you are registered at any site, could you please highlight these articles?...even just to ask why people are not talking about these?

http://www.nysun.com/article/4040

"A former officer in the Navy's Judge Advocate General Corps Reserve has built a case that Senator Kerry was other than honorably discharged from the Navy by 1975, The New York Sun has learned.

The "honorable discharge" on the Kerry Web site appears to be a Carter administration substitute for an original action expunged from Mr. Kerry's record, according to Mark Sullivan, who retired as a captain in the Navy's Judge Advocate General Corps Reserve in 2003 after 33 years of service as a judge advocate. Mr. Sullivan served in the office of the Secretary of the Navy between 1975 and 1977."

And this:

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41200

"There is overwhelming evidence that the Navy gave
John Kerry either a dishonorable discharge or an
undesirable discharge – which is the equivalent of a
dishonorable discharge without the felony conviction –
and that, as a result of such discharge, he was
stripped of all of his famous but questionable Navy
awards and medals. And the kicker? The evidence is on
his website!"
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Attention on Deck! Reply with quote

KWJams wrote:
MJB wrote:

This entire episode is way too serious to go off half cocked and end up hurting the cause with good intentions.

Hello??? See the next post below mine. We did this all last week, and it had significant impact. You as a United States citizen have the right to hold your Congressional representatives accountable.

Unless you know Tom Brokow, Peter Jennings, Dan Rather or Brit Hume personally - calling and emailing friends, family, the big blogs - and CONGRESS is the ONE way you can make an impact.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only have today to make any impact. The two articles by Lively and Lipscomb should be distributed as much as we can.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41200

http://www.nysun.com/pf.php?id=4040

I have E-Mailed them to everybody at FOX demanding action TODAY.

But I am really counting on Zell Miller.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Attention on Deck! Reply with quote

KWJams wrote:
MJB wrote:

I fear you are right. I wish some of this energy was being spent on the Get Out The Vote efforts. With 24 hours to go, the only thing that matters is voter mobilization. This is not the time to fight the MSM. The rules have been drawn, the stakes are high and the Democrats are beating us on the ground. Unless you want to wake up every morning for the next four years to news stories about "President Kerry", I would implore everybody to put a 24 hour moratorium on breking new stories and getting out the vote. Volunteer, call neighors and friends, drive people to the polls, get in touch with local BC04 headquarters ask for marching orders, hold signs, Get people to the polls. Its the only thing that matters now.
bc4gwb
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has a login to Lucianne.com...

The article has been posted there. Keep comments flowing on there to raise visibility!!!!

(I don't have a login and there's a waiting list for one, so you need to ALREADY have one right now.)

http://www.lucianne.com/threads22.asp?artnum=180228
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
I called Zell Miller's office a minute ago to make them aware of all this - the lady who answered was very nice and said she had been getting a lot of calls on all this, and said "they" were in a meeting now about this. I asked her if he was going to make a public announcement or something and she did not know at this time but that they were in a meeting concerning this.

I think if anyone can get this out effectively to the public it will be Zell Miller - at least I am hoping and praying, as time is not on our side, and he is a courageous patriot who I don't think will think twice about bucking the system - the old boy network of the Senate - to do what is right for this country.

WE ARE BEING HEARD!

His number is

Phone: (202) 224-3643
Fax: (202) 228-2090

Debbie

Bolding mine - this is the whole point! If Congress wants to, it can be the 50 foot dinosaur moving it's tail. It creates a big impact. If they don't want to, they won't. Public pressure is the ONLY thing that might work. Enough pressure and they MIGHT do something. No pressure and they won't do ANYTHING.

They don't want to do ANYTHING. This is messy. Zell is great, for many reasons, but especially because he's retiring from Congress. But he's not the ONLY one! We need to keep the heat on ALL of them.

Call BOTH offices, local and in D.C.. They aren'et in DC, but their staffs will take the call.
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please ask posters in Lucianne and anyone else you can get your hands on to please email 10 people they know with the news and ask them to spread this.

We can do this by word of mouth!!

All we want is for Kerry to answer the question before we vote.
KWJams
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Attention on Deck! Reply with quote

wrote:

This entire episode is way too serious to go off half cocked and end up hurting the cause with good intentions.[/quote]

I repeat -- there needs to be someone in charge to make that decision.

The last thing we want to do is the wrong thing and drive public opinion into the Kerry camp because we come across as a bunch of pissed off war criminals.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure to call, fax, or e-mail Steve Chabot Congressman (R) from Cincinnati as he was one of the 9 that impeached Clinton.

http://www.house.gov/chabot/contact.html

Cincinnati Office
Washington Office

3003 Carew Tower
441 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
129 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515

(513) 684-2723
(513) 421-8722 (fax)
(202) 225-2216
(202) 225-3012 (fax)

Larry Craig senator (R) from Idaho is a strong supporter of 2A rights and was on the impeachment team as well if I remember correctly.

I know these 2 guys have the B@lls to do something if we find ourselves in a Kerry admin after tomorrow.

http://www.vote-smart.org/bio.php?can_id=S0241103

Washington DC Web Address:
http://craig.senate.gov
Washington DC Web Mail Address:
http://craig.senate.gov/fp.htm ...

Washington DC Address
520 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-1203
Phone: 202-224-2752
Fax: 202-228-1067

District Address - Boise
225 North Ninth Street, Suite 530
Boise, ID 83702
Phone: 208-342-7985
Fax: 208-343-2458

District Address - Coeur d'Alene
Harbor Plaza
610 Hubbard, Suite 121
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
Phone: 208-667-6130
Fax: 208-765-1743

District Address - Idaho Falls
490 Memorial Drive, Suite 101
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Phone: 208-523-5541
Fax: 208-522-0135

District Address - Lewiston
313 D Street, Suite 106
Lewiston, ID 83501
Phone: 208-743-0792
Fax: 208-746-7275

District Address - Pocatello
801 East Sherman Street, Room 193
Pocatello, ID 83201
Phone: 208-236-6817
Fax: 208-236-6820

District Address - Twin Falls
560 Filer Avenue, Suite A
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Phone: 208-734-6780
Fax: 208-734-3905

Both of these fine gentelmen get an A rating from the NRA as well.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: