SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fair and Balanced FOX -- NOT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: nathan roland

Oh, that red? I was thinking the redneck kind...
but since you brought it up...Wyoming has a population of just under half a million,
and three electoral votes. SO, if you do the math, you get
apx 166,000 citizens per EV. For GA, it's 8.5 million and 15 EVs,
so that's apx 567,000 citizens per EV. So, you could say that you're
apx 3.4x redder than Georgia, because the Electoral College gives
smaller states more weight than larger states. Make sense? Cool

Mission Accomplished!!
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
Sadly, Fox has wimped out. I think they were spoofed by the Outfoxed documentary. I haven't watched it much since the debates - but I still LOVE Neil Cavuto and I can't wait to watch him tomorrow to see how he responds to the Kerry Kampf on the OBL tape. I don't think he'll wimp out Wink Very Happy

Debbie

Debbie: You're correct, there are a few left on Fox who haven't whimped out. I got so mad at them today I wrote them an email and accused them of false advertising. Told them they advertise "we report you decide" and withheld a document story of Kerry's Hanoi connection. Told them they didn't report and we couldn't decide anything....they did it for us morons. Told them they were hyprocritical and that no longer made them unique as far as the other advertising of "fair and balanced". Told them to checkout some blogging websites to see how fed up people were with them and then keep an eye on their ratings.

Avant
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sround wrote:
Re: nathan roland

Oh, that red? I was thinking the redneck kind...
but since you brought it up...Wyoming has a population of just under half a million,
and three electoral votes. SO, if you do the math, you get
apx 166,000 citizens per EV. For GA, it's 8.5 million and 15 EVs,
so that's apx 567,000 citizens per EV. So, you could say that you're
apx 3.4x redder than Georgia, because the Electoral College gives
smaller states more weight than larger states. Make sense? Cool

Make sense? Rolling Eyes

I would like to thank you for your profound council on the topic of the Electoral College, rednecks, red states and the population of these two states of our union, for as you may have imagined I stumbled blindly through life without your Über Alles enlightenment. Wink

Regards from Texas,
(34 EV...Bush 59%...sKerry 36%)
P.S. SO, you do the math...as it seems you are far more interested than I in these calculations and extrapolations. Laughing
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add, last few nights I have been seeing ADS FOR CNN ON FOX CABLE . why on earth would they run ads, promoting CNN? Is CNN in the tank that bad? Why would FOX support them? Arent't they in competition? At first I thought I had switched the channel accidently, but NO I was on FOX and they were running a ad promoting CNN.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Ads for CNN on Fox Reply with quote

I saw that ad too, and was rather baffled. But maybe CNN is so desperate for viewers that they will put on ads where people watch, and the Fox people figure they can make money off the ad, whereas Fox viewers will ignore it, otherwise they would already be watching CNN.

This reminds me of a guy who ran a TV ad for the Vietcong before the United States Senate...
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
If you really think about Fox's position in all this, all you have to do is to remind yourself how many countless hours have been spent speculating on the trial of Scott Peterson, while not a single "inform-the-voter" piece has been done on sKerry! (Never mind the Swift Boat charges, there's not even been an exposure of sKerry's Senate voting record, which is absymal.)

Cavuto, Gibson and Hume are all OK, but the rest are about worthless IMHO. Hannity is another story altogether; he's much loved by many of the members here, but I think he's too obviously partisan to be effective; he and Colmes represent entertaining opposites, but not serious news personalities.

But... If you've observed the world of the media and politics for the past few months you may, like me, begin to think that there is a whole lot more blackmail, intimidation, thuggery, etc., at work "out there" than anyone can conceive. And that may be part of the Fox story.

At the end of the day FOX is all about making money, which is why their news division and their entertainment side are often at odds re: values...I must say they seem to be running a bit scared although they are the best national news out there... Shocked
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Cavuto, he had Richard Trumka, the capo di capo of the AFL-CIO, on air this afternoon. It came out that Trumka is Kerry's top choice for Secretary of Labor. Good grief! I thought that Robert Reich was as bad as they get.

Schadow
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, You forgot to mention that, for a change, Kerry backer Trumka got the short end of the talk time. Now THAT is unusual for FOXNews.

Excuse me meant to end with FOXNews, Fair & Balanced. WE report, YOU decide.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: What??? Reply with quote

Haliburton??? Hell I don't need anybodys money to find a reason to fight. Just give me a gun and point me toward the enemy. I wish I was thirty years younger, I'd show all you young dogs how it's done. You want some sand monkey scalps ffor your war belt? Twisted Evil

RED NECK AND PROUD Twisted Evil

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
Sadly, Fox has wimped out. I think they were spoofed by the Outfoxed documentary. I haven't watched it much since the debates - but I still LOVE Neil Cavuto and I can't wait to watch him tomorrow to see how he responds to the Kerry Kampf on the OBL tape. I don't think he'll wimp out Wink Very Happy

Debbie

I totally agree. Fox has wimped out. I still like Neil Cavuto and John Gibson too. They both have been fair and balanced. Steve Duecy (sorry if I spelled Steve's last name wrong) is fair also......BUT E.D.....OMG, she flip flops as much if not more than skerry and that IS scarry. Mad
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: cnn Reply with quote

about cnn advertising on fox, msnbc does also, a while back someone asked BOR about this and his comment was their checks don,t bounce and they pay on time so fox welcomes their advertising, they are all in bed together, the only thing we can trust now is the internet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: