SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harlan Twible re: Kerry and the sixties generation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiltonThrasher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Harlan Twible re: Kerry and the sixties generation Reply with quote

From Harlan M. Twible
Survivor of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis
Veteran of World War II and the Korean War
Member of Veterans for George W. Bush

Fellow Americans

During the past several months I have taken the liberty of forwarding various articles about John Kerry and our valiant young warriors in Iraq. My objective was to counteract many of the effects of a media that had become paranoid and full of hate for the United States and its leaders.

After the assault on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon by a bunch of uncontrolled savages from the Middle East, I felt that our nation would realize the dangerous position that we were in just as our nation had after the assault on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Such was not the case. My expectations were based on the premise that our nation was made up of the same kinds of people that we were then. That supposition was in error.

Our nation now was not composed of people who had struggled through a great depression and then were called to bear arms to defend a nation that their parents had adopted when they came from a foreign land.

Rather it was composed of those of us still surviving from an aging generation, often dubbed the greatest generation, the children that they reared called the sixties generation, and their children. In simple terms, our population was composed of those who knew and endured hardship and sacrifice and those who never had known these character building attributes.

It was because of the failure to mature of many in this sixties generation that I decided I would become involved with a blog of my own. These immature adults that we had raised had suddenly taken over much of the media and the Democratic Party. Those of us who knew better had to become involved.

I, probably like most others, paid little attention to the Democratic primary season this year because we didn't have a clear picture of what was at stake. Many thought that a plausible candidate, perhaps Lieberman or Gephart, would come out of the pack; that the ridiculous Dean and the other fly weights, Kucinich, Edwards, Graham, Brown, and Kerry would fade away. Such was not to be the case. The nation was shocked when Kerry got the nomination.

Kerry came from my birth state of Massachusetts. I was familiar with him and his hate for the military, his dislike of anything American. He had built his career on that hate. When he ran for office in Massachusetts no one paid much attention to him or his past record. When he was elected to the Senate by the Boston Machine, we still didn't care too much about him. He was Massachusetts' problem and not ours. When he maneuvered himself into the nomination for President of the United States he not only got our attention but brought back memories - and the memories were not pretty.

They were particularly disturbing to this old geezer from World War II. Being a graduate of the US Naval Academy, I knew what an officer should and should not be. When he denigrated and blasphemed the military who served their nation in Vietnam, when he gave aid and comfort to our enemy, he should have been court-martialed.

Admiral Zumwalt, the chief of Naval Operations, chose not to do that at the urging of the beleaguered White House occupied by Richard Nixon. A discharge that appears to have been less than honorable was not a sufficient penalty. They passed this anomaly, John Kerry, on to us to handle.

Now we are at a crossroads of history.

We, as a nation, are to elect a man of honor or a man of dishonor. Will we elect a man who despises and disparages our valiant warriors keeping our country out of harms way in Afghanistan and Iraq? Will we elect a man who is not now and never has been a leader of any sort, who is despised by seventeen of the twenty one officers who served with him on the Swiftboats, who is despised by the public proclamation of several hundred veterans of Vietnam, who connived with our enemies in meetings in France while our fighting men were dying for our country on foreign shores, who publicly disparaged our fighting men before the Congress and the world, who would seek the approval of other nations in the world before defending our shores, who has always voted to weaken our military and our intelligence, who doesn't even know what the warriors' creed of God, Honor, Country means?

Or will we elect a known leader, who is dedicated to the creed of God, Honor, Country?

Tomorrow we have the opportunity to do the right thing for our nation and all of mankind. We have the opportunity to elect a man who will not buckle to the threats of terrorism. Each and everyone of us must go the extra mile to get those voters to the polls to re- elect

George W. Bush, President of the United States of America
in his books and speeches. Vote for Bush/Cheney '04. Korean War vet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: