SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHAT'S LEFT TO DO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: WHAT'S LEFT TO DO Reply with quote

I've been following this board for a long time and a member for a few months.

I live in Texas- certainly not a "Battleground" State, but where every vote will add to the national count that will be so important tomorrow.

As I expected, emotions today are running very high (and low) and it is reflected in many of the post I am reading.

From a practical perspective, I believe it is out of our control (the direct members of the forum...not the brass) to get any serious play from the MSM on the night before such a close race.

So what do we do? Many of us, myself included, feel angry. We are mad that we have to some extent been ignored, mad that we don't have a bomb-shell to drop in the middle of Kerry's campaign and mad that no one seems to be asking the questions we have on a national level.

We must remember that anger is a more primal response to fear. Admit if to yourselves and to each other...our anger is a response to our fear that the country will not learn the truth and that there is a chance (no matter how slight) a traitor will become our Commander in Chief.

Again, what do we do?

We do what true patriots have always done. We do what the men who founded this movement fought for 40 years ago. We will do what the men who fought in Korea, WWI, WWII and today in Iraq fight for.

We will exercise our vote as free Americans and we will influence those nearest to us to do the same thing.

We with gather tonight at the dinner table with our families or whisper a silent prayer if we are alone and pray for God's grace and the strength to endure whatever his will for our individual lives and our life as a nation are.

And we will endure.

Some men are born to times where there path is clear. For some, God's will is not as easily seen and must be actively sought. Many times, men and women die never knowing how they have touched the lives of others.

That will not be the case of the John O'Neil and the Swift Boat Veterans. For me, there purpose has become abundantly clear.

Has everything worked the way each of us wanted? No, it rarely does.

Have we made an positive impact on this country? Absolutely.

I believe there are brave men and women with much more clout than I who are working diligently to try and expose the fraud. I can do nothing more than I have done, without further instruction, and am at peace with my efforts.

I will close with this. There is not a man or woman (excluding trolls) on this board who I would not proudly stand with to defend our country. I am proud of the efforts, the fight and feel in my heart that tomorrow night, we will celebrate the re-election of George Bush.

Between now and then we email, call, scream if we must to get our message out.

And then, mobilize your troops. Your spouses, sons, daughters, parents, uncles, aunts, friends and neighbors and get them to the polls and send John Kerry to hell where he belongs.

God Bless Us All As He Has Continually Done For Over 200 Years.

SWC
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOTE

PRAY

and then PRAY some more.
julsmith
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, SWC for your encouraging words. It's nice to know someone out there thinks the way I do, even if it seems like I'm in the minority. I'm in Indiana, so I can't imagine living in California, New York, DC, or Vermont.

I'm very concerned for our country, and yes, I do fear for the future of my children if Kerry gets elected.

May God have mercy on our country, and our troops out there making sure the fight doesn't come here to our soil.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one final - VERY IMPORTANT - thing left to do. That's to encourage the anti-Kerry voters to actually get out tomorrow and vote. No excuses, ya hear!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: