SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do We Have A Plan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Do We Have A Plan? Reply with quote

When (or if) the Thomas Lipscomb article about Kerry's dicharge comes out, what do those of us in this forum do with it?

I believe it will take more than bloggers to make a differance in this election. Though that will certainly be a part of our effort.

We have to get this story on TV and radio.

Will our e-mail efforts to media outlets get any attention? Do we concentrate on certain reporters or hosts?

Any ideas?
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about replying to my own post, but I just noticed that all the regulars are absent today. I suspect they are in the secret forum making plans.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question!!

Here's an answer:

While we are in a holding pattern for now, I’d like to take a minute to help set the stage for Monday (apologies to those who have seen this several times, and welcome to our new viewers) for the Pajamahadeen out there –

Since we got news of the documented link between John Kerry, the Vietnam Veterans Against the War and the communist North Vietnamese government early this week, I’ve been encouraging readers of this board to CALL THEIR SENATORS, among others.

My sister used to work for a couple of congressmen on Capitol Hill. Every Representative and Senator has a process in place to receive and process constituent phone calls.

KEY POINT: For every ONE phone call they get, staffers and the congressmen assume that anywhere from 10-100 other people feel the same way, but don’t take the time to call. Sooo…since so few people actually call, in proportion to the population at large, EACH phone call can be vitally important.

I believe it would be fair to say that our calls helped Sen Majority Leader Bill Frist get in touch with NavyChief…correct me if I’m wrong, NC.

Email is not as effective, since their in-boxes are overflowing right now. Plus, phone calls have that personal touch….

GUIDELINES:

Be polite, be specific, be as factual as possible.

Use the links and posts on the board to muster your collection of facts and information.

DO NOT share scripts between each other – they can smell ‘em a mile off and it greatly diminishes the impact of what you’re trying to do. This is personal….

DON’T expect to get a call back – that’s not what this is about. This is about pushing for them to TAKE ACTION! We want our voices to be heard in a collective fashion, versus having them try to keep track to who to call about what issues.

DON’T expect to change minds when you call the Democratic offices. Again, that’s not the purpose (although I’d love to be a fly on the wall if any of the Democratic staffers actually go to the web sites and read the evidence…). Our purpose is to get ACTION, and numbers is one way to get this issue over the “Tipping Point” (see: Malcolm Gladwell’s book, The Tipping Point). Once it tips, the tides rush in. We need to help make the tip happen….

WHY SENATORS?

The United States Congress is one the biggest ‘Ole Boys Network around. John Kerry has been part of that club for 20 years. You can bet that many, many people do not want to get involved in anything related to our mission.

They want it to GO AWAY - and we can see it happening. They want to stall, and dance, and twist, and avoid touching this. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. They won’t rat out a fellow Senator unless extreme pressure is applied - and we are applying it!

However…power abhors a vaccum. The old military principal of "kick 'em when they're down" applies here. We need to keep kicking, and others will pile on it.

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS. THE SENATE (and the House of Representatives) WORKS FOR US. ONE OF THEIR OWN HAS BEEN FOUND OUT. WE WANT THEM TO TAKE ACTION INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY. They will each be up for election one day – and the Pajamahadeen has loooong memories.

The Senate is the Big League (House members might disagree with me, but Senators get better offices!) – when they speak, the media tends to listen pretty well.

Your MARCHING ORDERS:
CALL BOTH OF YOUR STATE'S SENATORS. Republican, Democrat – doesn’t matter. You’re not debating them, you’re DEMANDING THEY TAKE ACTION on this issue.

CALL BOTH THEIR WASHINGTON D.C. OFFICES AND THEIR LOCAL CONGRESSIONAL OFFICES.

USE THIS WEB SITE TO FIND BOTH NUMBERS: http://congress.org/congressorg/home/

Congress is not in session, so don't expect them to be in Washington, D.C. They may very well be in their home districts or even in their local offices. Call both.

CALL SENATE MAJORITY LEADER (leader of the GOP's in the Senate) BILL FRIST (again. Keep up the pressure).

CALL BOTH HIS D.C. AND LOCAL TENNASSEE OFFICE:
202-224-3344
615-352-9411

THEN, CALL THE SENATE WHIP (#2 GOP man in the Senate) MITCH MCCONNELL - BOTH OFFICES
202-224-2541
502-582-6304

THEN, CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AND REGISTER YOUR DEEP CONCERN over this issue. Let the President and his team know we’re out here and we’re ANGRY.
202-456-1414

THEN, CALL SEN JOHN WARNER'S OFFICE
202-224-2023
804-739-0247
Why does John Kerry have a medal citation signed by you when he did not win the medal while you were Secretary of the Navy?

For good measure, if you're still in the mood to be feisty -

CALL SEN TED STEVEN'S (Senate President Pro Tempore - oversees the Senate when the VP isn't available) OFFICE
202-224-3004
907-271-5915

These are the key leaders in the Senate.

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS, MANY OF US VETERANS, WHO WANT ANSWERS. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON JOHN KERRY IS AND WHAT HE'S HIDING. WE ARE ANGRY AND WE WANT ACCOUNTABILITY FROM OUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES.

Once you’ve done this FIRST, on to emailing talk radio, major media, etc.
fb274
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed Powerline links to newspapers in their articles and have been sending all of the URLs of articles at World Net Daily and asking them to get articles in their papers--World Net Daily has almost been the only outlet for the information on Kerry. They have been great with posting Lipscomb's articles.

Will send "thx" to them, too.
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB
I live in the People's Republic of Caleeefornia (Sens Boxer and Feinstein). FWIW, CA is actully close this weekend, like 6-7 points!
CS
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

commdog wrote:
MJB
I live in the People's Republic of Caleeefornia (Sens Boxer and Feinstein). FWIW, CA is actully close this weekend, like 6-7 points!
CS

Follow the directions I posted and CALL BOXER AND FEINSTEIN'S offices tomorrow! Who cares if they are Democrats Very Happy Add to the pressure - the phone calls really add up in those congressional offices (as previously noted, my sister worked on the Hill for a number of years and those calls put pressure on the congressman).

Who are the big "California bloggers" out there? Have they seen the links and articles flying around out here on the 'Net? Can you link them?

Call the Governator's office and express your outrage - and ask the Gov for help exposing this rat. He won't be able to do much (??), but again, calls=pressure....

Is there a GOP office nearby? We want all Repubs to vote - we want Bush's numbers in the popular vote to be high, high, high. Can you help get the vote out?

Never know....stranger things have happened.... Very Happy Wink Very Happy
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB
Just saw a post that Caleefornia is now only 2! I'll take your challenge when their offices open.
/CD Out
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

commdog wrote:
MJB
Just saw a post that Caleefornia is now only 2! I'll take your challenge when their offices open.
/CD Out

You GO, Commdog!! Let us know what happens, eh?
Paul5388
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's your Lipscomb article.

www.usslittlerock.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: