SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just got back from Ann Coulter lecture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Just got back from Ann Coulter lecture Reply with quote

She was speaking at Rutgers University - Camden Campus. It was great. She is just amazing. Such a great wit. Incisive commentary, sharp jabs at the libs, and she's beautiful as well.

There were a bunch of Libs protesting, calling her Hitler, and crap like that. She did about a 90 minute Q&A section, and she purposefully called on the libs to ask questions. Of course, she batted each of their Dem talking points right out of the park.

I feel bad for her on one thing. She was noticeably jumpy whenever anyone stood up or walked towards the stage for any reason - the pie-throwing incident I think rattled her a little. It's got to be tough knowing there are so many people who want to hurt you.

I asked one question - "Ms. Coulter, there is no doubt in my mind that if it wasn't for the media, this election would be a bigger blowout than an Eagles-Cowboys game. What can be done to get some intellectual-diversity into the main-stream media". She said it was an excellent question (blush). Then she lambasted the MSM - specifically Dan Blather - and sung the praises of the alternative media - talk radio, Fox News and the internet. She's optimistic about the effects of the alternative media on the MSM.

PS - She predicts a Bush victory, she said fairly easily

PPS - There were a couple questions from guys who were just trying to hit on her, which was pretty funny.

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing, she calls on this one guy to ask her a question. He starts telling her how much he appreciates her and he agrees with her, and that he gets excited every wednesday night knowing her column comes out on Thursday. Before he could continue, she asks him - "So why are you wearing a Kerry button". He looks down, and says "No, underneath Kerry it says 'for a stronger Al Qaeda'". Coulter was cracking up, we all were.

Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoEagles wrote:
Before he could continue, she asks him - "So why are you wearing a Kerry button". He looks down, and says "No, underneath Kerry it says 'for a stronger Al Qaeda'". Coulter was cracking up, we all were.

LOL!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went out and bought her new book How To Talk To A Liberal (If You Must) yesterday. I can hardly put it down! She's so awesome! Very Happy
jerake
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just went out and bought her new book How To Talk To A Liberal (If You Must) yesterday. I can hardly put it down! She's so awesome!

Can you share where you bought it from? I've been looking for it all over here north of Chicago - can't find it anywhere in Borders/Barnes and Noble...I may just end up ordering it online.
tmpusfugit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to pick up the book yesterday at Borders, they had quite a few of them. But, the look on the guys face at the check out counter, sort of like he was handling fresh bag of medow muffins...think maybe just maybe he was a lib?
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerake wrote:
Quote:
Just went out and bought her new book How To Talk To A Liberal (If You Must) yesterday. I can hardly put it down! She's so awesome!

Can you share where you bought it from? I've been looking for it all over here north of Chicago - can't find it anywhere in Borders/Barnes and Noble...I may just end up ordering it online.

Her new book - How to Talk To A Liberal If You Must - is #2 on the bestseller list. If they aren't carrying this book in these bookstores, then you should make a stink. Every bookstore carries the #2 bestseller for purely economic reasons, if they aren't carrying this one it's got to be for ideologic reasons.

tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSPAN2 ran a replay of her debating the editor of New Republic at Amherst College, in Mass. on 17 Oct. To say the crowd was mostly lib, was an understatement. She was really swatting them down. The opponent referred everything to "The 9-11 Commission said this, the 9-11 Commission said that...." It was an unfair fight. Ann Coulter vs. 200 libs. They should have brought more!! Laughing

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: