SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OHIO ELECTION RESULTS BEING REPORTED

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: OHIO ELECTION RESULTS BEING REPORTED Reply with quote

Bush 49.87% 800,950
Kerry 49.12% 788,799

Here's a link.

http://serweb.sos.state.oh.us/Results/RaceSummary.aspx

SWC
HawkeyeLonewolf
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: OHIO ELECTION RESULTS BEING REPORTED Reply with quote

Sure this isn't a test page???

They are reporting results WHILE POLLS ARE OPEN???

Tacky

swctexas wrote:
Bush 49.87% 800,950
Kerry 49.12% 788,799

Here's a link.

SWC
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no exit polls being reported. only the election commission has those results.
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the site...these are real time results. It appears to be s little more than 1/4th of the Ohio "likely to vote" which would make sense.

SWC
HawkeyeLonewolf
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
There are no exit polls being reported. only the election commission has those results.

Right, but reporting results DURING the polling biases the results (either way).
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: OHIO ELECTION RESULTS BEING REPORTED Reply with quote

HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:

Tacky

swctexas wrote:
Bush 49.87% 800,950
Kerry 49.12% 788,799

Here's a link.

SWC

Many states were going to begin county absentee ballots at midnight. I know Florida was but the results are not being posted in real time. I'm sure these are the results of the Absentee ballots and possibly the early voting.
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed a google search to the Ohio Secretary of State Office to that site. It was not a test and was pulled when it showed up by mistake.

The numbers are a true reflection of early voter turn out in Ohio.

SWC

That was awesome!

Instead of going to bed, I'm going to sneak around and see what else I find. I'll report back.

It's one of the many joys of computer hacking.
HawkeyeLonewolf
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swctexas wrote:
I followed a google search to the Ohio Secretary of State Office to that site. It was not a test and was pulled when it showed up by mistake.

The numbers are a true reflection of early voter turn out in Ohio.

SWC

That was awesome!

Instead of going to bed, I'm going to sneak around and see what else I find. I'll report back.

It's one of the many joys of computer hacking.

They pulled the page... I think that means it was either test data OR was data they didn't want out yet.
HawkeyeLonewolf
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: OHIO ELECTION RESULTS BEING REPORTED Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:

Tacky

swctexas wrote:
Bush 49.87% 800,950
Kerry 49.12% 788,799

Here's a link.

SWC

Many states were going to begin county absentee ballots at midnight. I know Florida was but the results are not being posted in real time. I'm sure these are the results of the Absentee ballots and possibly the early voting.

Don't blame them for counting the ballots early -- but don't publish any results while the polls are open. Exit interviews are bad enough.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez....the site is up and running again....I thought Voinovich would be up MUCH higher in the race for Senate, thats not a good sign.
Voinovich, George V. Republican 558,379 35.81%
Fingerhut, Eric D. Democratic 542,851 34.81%
Meyers, Helen -WI 458,232 29.38%
Total Votes 1,559,462

Franklin County (Central Ohio-Columbus Area) is going to Bush( Bush 198,965; Kerry 196,138; Bush 50.35% Kerry 49.63%, Cobb 0.01%), this is a GOOD sign. Cuyahoga County (Cleveland Area) is just barely Kerry (221,727-221,301 only a .10% spread) which is another good sign, as it is a democratic hotspot. The results of Hamilton County (Cincinnati Area) arent in, as well as many of the farm counties--and they both tend to be pretty conservative, so that is good news as well County Results - http://serweb.sos.state.oh.us/results/RaceDetail.aspx?race=PP Something definitely looks wrong for Clark County, they have two write-in candidates FAR ahead of Bush and Kerry.

I wonder myself if these are actual absentee/early voting, etc. or just tests, because if you look at the County by County results, one county shows 60 votes exactly for each of the non-major party candidates. This is just me assuming here, but it looks like the large counties (computer voting) other than Cincinnati area are being tabulated from early voting, and the smaller counties are being tabulated from absentee ballots received if they are calculated at all (many are not).

haha...Dennis Kucinich is down 10% in a three way race for Ohio District 10 Congressman with 460,000+ votes already in.

Presidential Votes So Far: 1,606,016
Registered Voters in 2000: 7,535,188 Votes in 2000: 4,795,989
Not sure how many new registered voters in Ohio since 2000.

Hope this "real-time" results doesnt end up effecting voter participation.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: