SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ ~ ~ EXIT POLLS begin at 2pm ~ ~ ~ Post here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as the early exit polls will prove to be a black eye for the MSM, the reaction to them is going to be an even worse black eye for the blogosphere.

The reaction has been the online equivalent of shouting fire in a crowded theater.

The exit polls today are much, much better than they were four years ago.

As far as following the money goes, all I can say is that you have to look at the big picture. The smart money already voted -- the smart money doesn't day trade.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That post from The Kerry Spot shows that the Bush team has total confidence in a Bush win. Let's all calm down, take a drink of something...something strong...make a few phone calls to any friends who haven't voted yet, or remind them to vote on the way home from work (yes you, reading this, call your friends and tell them to vote if they have not voted yet, this election will be won because of the people, not the MSM), and then we can settle into a dicussion about all accurate, trusted, verified polls and actual vote tallys. I think we'll all be resting easier by tomorrow morning.

UPDATE: More from The Kerry Spot. Another GOP operative reports in.

WORD FROM OBI-WAN [11/02 05:54 PM]

Word from Obi-Wan Kenobi, longtime GOP operative:

What you're hearing about the unreliability of exit polls is accurate. They are focused on urban areas. The exit polls need to be conducted in person, and obviously the media, even with their combined resources, have to pick and choose which polling places to conduct those exit polls. They under-poll rural and suburban areas.
They also do not count early and absentee votes, which traditionally benefit Republicans.

In the 1990s, the CNN exit polls were considered so skewed and so bad that GOP campaign strategists regulary added at least two or three points to the Republican candidate's total.

He also noticed that the earlier garbage polls, with their 59-41 women/men breakdown, were equalized to the more likely proportional turnout, Bush would win several key states like Ohio in a rout.

Before anyone loses their optimism, wait until someone's reputation is on the line in making these calls on the swing states.

I would observe that blowing the call on Florida in 2000 didn't seem to hurt the networks' reputation too much.

I have also heard, on good authority, that one of the highest-ranking campaign folks on the Bush-Cheney campaign has said, "We will win Ohio. We will win Florida. And Pennsylvania is tied." Unfortunately, this person didn't provide numbers.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post from NRO..and quite encouraging..we will be okay..Bush will win, they would not be saying this if they did not mean it, something is in the air, and Kerry might have been popping the corks to quickly..

MOOD [Shannen Coffin]
Just got off the phone with a source connected to the White House. Political operations there is very confident and completely dismissive of the early day numbers, citing the skewing of the sample that has been discussed here. Confident that Bush will win OH and FL, that he will roll in WVa (ten points?) and that Mel Martinez will carry Florida. Not someone who is given to bluster.

This came from NRO..so hmmm, and BTW, Bush can still win even if he loses Ohio, but he must win Florida..and Ohio is now only +1 for Kerry, was +4..see, seems the dem counties came in a bit too early..keep the faith and if anyone has any info, please post. More info is better than guessing..
PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,
If Zogby really has already called the election for Kerry with a landslide electoral win (I would like to see the link please) then he is the stupidest person in the world. He's so partisan it stinks. Why do you listen to this garbage?
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone scared of unfavorable exit polls: When the networks called Florida for Gore in 2000, then-Governor George W. Bush said, "That doesn't look like the numbers I've seen". The 6% "Gore Lead" extrapolated from the exit poll would have been 360,000 votes, but
the numbers from the Florida Secretary of State's office, at that time, showed Bush LEADING by 120,000 votes. True, lots of late-arriving Dem votes from Pea Brain County knocked that lead down to a razor's edge, but never got anything near what the exit poll showed.

What COUNTS is what ALL the voters did, including early voters, absentee voters, and anyone else who might not have met an exit pollster. In 2000, the exit poll was conducted on less than 5,000 people. If Kerry leads an exit poll by 1%, that's 50 people...if all the Floridians on this board go out and vote, the Kerry lead disappears!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zogby was a one-hit wonder and a big contributor to the DNC and the Kerry campaign.

His brother is heavily into the Kerry campaign and Palestinian supporter.

I have as much faith in Zogby as I have in John Kerry himself. Wink
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
Peter,
If Zogby really has already called the election for Kerry with a landslide electoral win (I would like to see the link please) then he is the stupidest person in the world. He's so partisan it stinks. Why do you listen to this garbage?

www.zogby.com
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reader points out that as of about 5:50 p.m., the AOL online exit poll has about 371,000 votes at 57-41 for Bush. The AOL poll is, of course, completely unscientific, but is it any less so than the exit polls whose numbers are flying around the web?
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter wrote:
Inatizzy wrote:
Peter,

www.zogby.com

I'm worried like everyone else and I share whatever data I gather.

If Bush wins FLorida and Ohio he wins, if he loses both states he loses end of story and both seem very very close.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter wrote:
Inatizzy wrote:
Peter,

www.zogby.com

Yep, he's stupid alright. He's putting his reputation on the line for partisan causes. He's trying to dishearten the Bush voters. His analysis is skewed and bogus. Ignore it.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Zogby was a one-hit wonder and a big contributor to the DNC and the Kerry campaign.

His brother is heavily into the Kerry campaign and Palestinian supporter.

I have as much faith in Zogby as I have in John Kerry himself. Wink

Keep in mind that Zogby called the race for Kerry back in April before even one vote was cast. No credible pollster does that.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zogby has Kerry 311 Bush 213

Okay Bush wins FL Kerry 284 Bush 240

Bush wins Ohio Kerry 264 Bush 260

Landside my ass.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: The Bottom Line is Reply with quote

If you haven't yet voted GO VOTE.

If you have voted, make sure EVERYONE in your family has voted, then start working on your neighbors. If we all do this we cannot lose.

No matter what the exit polls say-VOTE and VOTE NOW!

We Win!
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS the Bush Campaign has been telling us all day..Drudge alarm now

TIGHTENING His words..seems our peep are coming out now..

BTW first polls close in Indiana at 7..at least we know that is a RED state all the way..

Zogby is an arse..Can not wait to see his face tomorrow.. Embarassed

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, but the polls are still open EVERYWHERE in the USA. In about 45 minutes the polls in the FLORIDA Eastern time zone close. The Panhandle of FLORIDA closes ONE HOUR later because they are in the Central time zone.

Zogby is a non-poll because of the small group polled. Think he also has an agenda.

Never fear, soon after 7PM EST the real news will be everywhere.

Keep the faith. Wink Have a good stiff drink and order pizza delivered.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 7 of 14

Jump to: