SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Youth did not vote

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
difficultfish
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Youth did not vote Reply with quote

The following is a link to a very popular democratic blog called Daily Kos. They're really eating crow now!! Must see! Cool

http://www.dailykos.com/

Other men see only a hopeless end, but the Christian rejoices in an endless hope...Gilbert Brenken
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOOWHOOPASSHALLELUJAHBABY!!!

Youth did not vote, and that's what killing us! My youths voted, but then they also actually attend class, fight in the military and HAVE BRAINS...

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if they can't spell, how they gonna vote?

did you notice the (sic)[vot and bracked} spelling? Laughing
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this surprises who???? Shocked
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa,
I guess the word was that all of these college kids were going to swirl around Kerry in droves.

Vote or Die I think was the slogan.

Kids don't give a hoot. Some do, most don't.

The draft talk just scared the heck out of them. And the draft talk was one of the lowest dirty tricks I've ever seen.

reconflyer
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they really DID go to those rallies ONLY for the music (Bruce)--and they REALLY DID just NEED new underwear ( Michael Moore's bribe). Not really interested in VOTING!!!! Twisted Evil

~ILuvTheUsa
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a trend. My son who goes to college in NYC and just voted for the first time said he and his friends were voting for whoever was on the ballot BESIDES GWB and Skerry. So I guess it was that Libertarian guy or Nader. They are fed up with politics and don't like W but they also really dislike Skerry and the dems. So little did they know that by doing this they probably helped the GOP. Smile
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over at that kos site : They truly believe Bush is the one with the mandatory draft???? Okay why do they still believe that??? I just don't get it. Didn't the Young Republicans knock that down? I guess the answer is NO.
Obviously they just want the war to stop so there isn't the possiblity of a draft. I understand that. But what they missed ( a lot) is that Kerry and Edwards want ALL young people to serve in civil or military including women for 2 years. And they will work to get that done: LIKE IN EUROPE!!! So they vote for the one who WOULD put them in service to their country!!! Geesh! We just didn't get to all of them. Maybe enough of them. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
LSU Engineer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HipHop Vote, Rock The Vote, Vote or Die..... the DNC predicted that Republicans would fall due to their unprecedented new voter registration and GOTV activity.

I think the DNC will have to revisit the decision to build their entire strategy on a foundation of slackers with 5-minute attention spans.
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW wrote:
Over at that kos site : They truly believe Bush is the one with the mandatory draft???? Okay why do they still believe that???
Never Ever Kerry

if you want to see where they get the idea,CTW, check out the rockthevote.com website.
they're being blasted with it.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow maybe: my heart won't stand any more stress tonight! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When only 41 people showed up to hear Chelsea Clinton giggle and make a fool of herself for 3 minutes with a Kennedy daughter and two Kerry daughters to whine in the background and 12 people walked away, they should have known the "youth" vote was not going to materialize. As the detectives say, that was a "clue".
grumpyBB
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved what Michelle Malkin wrote on her blog: Looks like P. Diddy is going to have to eat some bling-bling pie. Very Happy
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All four of my eligible youths voted. Twisted Evil
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ

My kids are too young to vote (16 & 14) but both support President Bush...as a military family...we raise our kids to be proud of their country, they were raised on a military base and when they heard the national athem they both stopped and put their hands over their hearts...it was just too cute when they were 4 & 6 outside playing with all of their "military cousins" and the national athem would play...all the kids would stop, face the music and put their hands over their hearts. I tell my 16 year old when we go to ball games and I have to say it loud enough so the other boys around us to remove his hat Very Happy He does and places his hand over his heart...told him I ever see him not do it at any of his football games and I will come down there!!! LOL (and he knows I will)

You raised your kids "right" Wink EJ!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: