SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 09-11 do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of some kind of morbid fascination with political claptrap masquerading as a "documentary" Rolling Eyes , many people will see it.

It's impact?

Negligible. A lot of it has already been proven as outright fantasy. There's more to come. It may go down in history as the most fictional "documentary" ever filmed. Very Happy

As for the Arab world. Al Jazeera has already conditioned them to believe any fiction that casts the U.S. in a negative light. This is just more of the same. It fits in nicely with what they want to believe.

It figures that an American would encourage their animosity. We already have a good example of the same but different encouragement in John Kerry.

Al Queda would love to get Kerry elected. Michael Mooron could be his press secretary to help him suck up to our enemies. Wink
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impact?
Well, as we all know, Michael "Big Mac" Moore is making a lot of money. But, he can't take it with him and at the rate his arteries are undoubtably hardening, it won't matter in the long run.
Election impact?
Not much. Most people who like it and are gullible enough to believe it were already against Bush and they can only vote once.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must disagree with the predominate theme regarding Moore's movie. I personally hope the movie will have a very wide-spread impact.

What the Moore movie does is bring to light the distortion and out-right lies the liberal side likes to use to further their agendas.

BUT - the impact can only be turned to our favor if we all take a moment to correct the distortions and make it known just how inaccurate the movie is. There is a quick fact sheet in this forum that can be printed and shared. If we all do so, or write letters to the editors of our local newspapers or whatever else we can do in a peaceful, logical manner, we will shed light where it is needed. Moore will no longer be able to hide in the shadows of his marketing nor behind the hollywood brain-dead who so love him.

Yes, the wider the impact the better - when the truth is presented.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a well written article outlining 59 deceptions within the movie, with appropriate links within the article for documentation;

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lew! That's exactly what I mean and I wish I had taken the time to do as much research as this guy has. While I haven't seen the movie, this doesn't come as a surprise given Moore's history.

Oh to get this debunk broadcast in the widest possible manner.

Last edited by GoophyDog on Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my family down to the walk of fame yesterday to see the stars on the sidewalk. During my time there I didn't see one sign or anything on F911. I did see a report that the white chick movie and spiderman 2 are the top two on the charts and F911 is sinking rapidly. The report also showed manufactured reports that F911 was breaking records, it simply is not breaking anything but the democrats drive to the Whitehouse. I know of 3 people who are democrats who went to see the movie, they are disgusted that their party is alligning itself with Moore on this crap. They have crossed over for this election. Keep up the good work Mikey, your movie is the best anti-lib tool that we have had for many years!!!! Semper Fi.
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
I took my family down to the walk of fame yesterday to see the stars on the sidewalk. During my time there I didn't see one sign or anything on F911. I did see a report that the white chick movie and spiderman 2 are the top two on the charts and F911 is sinking rapidly. The report also showed manufactured reports that F911 was breaking records, it simply is not breaking anything but the democrats drive to the Whitehouse. I know of 3 people who are democrats who went to see the movie, they are disgusted that their party is alligning itself with Moore on this crap. They have crossed over for this election. Keep up the good work Mikey, your movie is the best anti-lib tool that we have had for many years!!!! Semper Fi.

Manufactured?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fahrenheit911.htm

Domestic Total as of July 5, 2004: $61,118,488

people are still seeing it.

Fahrenheit's $27,558 per theater average ranks as the second highest all time for a wide release (adjusting for ticket price inflation knocks it down to No. 11) and the best of 2004, ahead of The Passion of the Christ's $27,554 and Shrek 2's $25,951. However, they were super-saturation releases playing at 3,043 and 4,163 theaters respectively -- the lower the theater count, the easier it is to have a high average as the release isn't diluted by less populous locations with lower ticket prices.

With $24.1 million in the till since its record-breaking debut in New York City on Wednesday, Fahrenheit 9/11 is already the highest grossing documentary of all time -- excluding large format, concert and other non-"apples-to-apples" sub-genres – surpassing Moore's own Bowling for Columbine's $21.6 million lifetime gross.

WEEKEND BOX OFFICE
July 2-5, 2004
4-day Fourth of July Weekend

1 Spider-Man
2 Fahrenheit 9/11
3 White Chicks

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2004&wknd=27a&p=.htm

NASCAR champ Dale Earnhardt, Jr. took his crew to see “Fahrenheit 9/11” the first Saturday night it was shown. The next day, FOX sportscaster Chris Myers delivered Earnhardt’s review to millions of NASCAR fans, quoting Earnhardt, “He said hey, it'll be a good bonding experience no matter what your political belief. It's a good thing as an American to go see.”

I wonder how many fans he lost for that.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Making a lot of money doesn't make something true or factual.

As for Jr. seeing it, so what? I haven't seen anyone trying to stop anyone else from seeing it. All I see is effort to expose it for what it is, a piece of twisted opinion to unseat a sitting president.

What it isn't is a documentary. Documentaries make effort to be true and factual, not create a false image and riddled with lies, innuendoes and spin.

As for fans maybe leaving Jr., again, so what? Dale Jr. isn't exactly noted for his political views. Richard Petty is a Republican and he is still called the King! Wink
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

Making a lot of money doesn't make something true or factual.

no, it doesn't, and I never claimed that it did. it just means people are seeing it. (except for where it is being banned.)
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackfrancis wrote:
(except for where it is being banned.)

Is this the ban you're talking about?

www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/entertainment/9075125.htm

Quote:
Midwest Theatres Ban 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

Associated Press

DECORAH, Iowa - The president of a company that owns movie theaters in Iowa and Nebraska is refusing to show director Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11."

R.L. Fridley, owner of Des Moines-based Fridley Theatres, says the controversial documentary incites terrorism.

blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
blackfrancis wrote:
(except for where it is being banned.)

Is this the ban you're talking about?

www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/entertainment/9075125.htm

Quote:
Midwest Theatres Ban 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

Associated Press

DECORAH, Iowa - The president of a company that owns movie theaters in Iowa and Nebraska is refusing to show director Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11."

R.L. Fridley, owner of Des Moines-based Fridley Theatres, says the controversial documentary incites terrorism.

that is one of them.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's to R.L. Fridley! A business owner with brains and guts. Very Happy

Just a guess.

If it was a real DOCUMENTARY, he'd probably show it. The fact that it's full of outright lies and distortions keeps it from being a DOCUMENTARY.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a big difference between banning a movie and refusing to show it! But of course, in the liberal mind if you refuse to show this discusting piece of crap, then MM is being discriminated against and these members of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy are banning it! What a joke!

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm being closed minded 'cause I won't pay a nickel to see it.....maybe I should go sneak into a theater and watch it for free??? If enough people did that - would MM have to cut back on fast food and ice cream? Would he have to hit the soup kitchen in Flint, MI We know he's already saving on razor blades....Cool

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a good article on MM (Massive Moobat)

Believing in Bush’s perfidy gives some people the same comfort and emotional nourishment others get from believing in Jesus. It validates them, cements their view of the world – venal, conspiratorial, run by capering chimps who are somehow ten times less intelligent than Usenet posters but somehow able to yank strings on a global scale. A commenter on a Fark thread called Bush “The Unelected Murder Monkey,” for heaven’s sake. Not all the opponents are unhinged, of course. Of course. There are many levels of opposition, from the serene and reasonable to the char-broiled nutburgers who haunt the comments sections of my favorite blogs. Or my favorite talk shows. Today I heard a caller describe how “Fahrenheit 9/11” affected him; now he believed that the Bush administration attacked the Taliban and Iraq because the Saudis wanted it. The host pointed out that the Saudis didn’t want it. The caller said “well, that’s your opinion.” Movies are facts, you see. Facts are just opinions.

Balance of the piece is at:

http://www.lileks.com/bleats/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: