SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PENNSYLVANIA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Pennsylvania is a lost cause.

Don't know if Bush will need it, though...

I pray he dosen't

reconflyer
ulfie56
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked as a watcher at one of the Pa. polls today. Philly ant Pitts. =Kerry
Rural areas that haven't been polluted by liberals = Bush
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulfie56 wrote:
I worked as a watcher at one of the Pa. polls today. Philly ant Pitts. =Kerry
Rural areas that haven't been polluted by liberals = Bush

Agree with that assessment as a former Philadelphian.

-- FDL
mdcrandall
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Lost cause? I think not Reply with quote

reconflyer wrote:
Looks like Pennsylvania is a lost cause.

Don't know if Bush will need it, though...

I pray he dosen't

reconflyer

Yes but we were only apart by 121,818 (which is less than Ohio's spread) and if the Kerry campaign really wants to play out the fight for Ohio and try to mess with the result I think a recount in PA might be interesting. Also, remember we have an extended deadline for our military to get in their ballots. I think our vote was also probably hit by the fact they suggested early on that Kerry had a huge margin and people may have turned around and gone home rather than continue standing in the rain.

mdcrandall
Proud to be
#3 Son of Snake
#3 Son of Snake
(www.xav8er.com)
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think our vote was also probably hit by the fact they suggested early on that Kerry had a huge margin and people may have turned around and gone home rather than continue standing in the rain.

Yeah, that and the early exit polling. I'm not in PA, but I know my heart sank when those early results for PA were posted. (What was with that, anyway?) Would I be the only person to want a law that no results should be reported for any state until the poll closing time in that state?
PSU92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Damn Philly Reply with quote

I sure would like to see PA's results scrutinized. The margin of votes is only about 122K. The margin in Philly was about 392K (resulting in a 81%-19% spread for Kerry in the city). Allegheny county was only 58%-42$ for Kerry. Hell, even Delaware and Chester counties (surrounding Philly) favored Bush.

With Philly, the state spread is currently Kerry 51% - Bush 49%. If you take out the Philly numbers, then the rest of PA went for Bush (53% vs. 47% for Kerry).

If you apportion the 21 electoral votes to the 67 counties based on total votes for Bush/Kerry, Bush would take 51.3% of the electoral votes.

I just proud that Cambria County finally woke up and picked Bush this time (barely).

Rob
JCCremer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: PA voting pattern Reply with quote

The Wilkes-Barre Times Leaderpublished a map in this morning's paper showing the voting pattern in Luzerne County where I reside. It follows the same pattern as it did in 2000, and 2002. The city dwellers vote heavily democrat and we country folk vote heavily republican. You can see the same pattern statewide, and even nation wide. While we country folk show more territory, the old cities have a greater population. In Luzerne county, the cities are deteriorating, are populated by a huge number of old people, and are a ripe target for the democrat "entitlement" agenda.
John C. Cremer
Let the truth be known. I'm with you guys and Kerry insulted all of us with his anti-war activities. Let's hold him accountable.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: