SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did anyone hear Beckel on Fox?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vietnamvet wife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Did anyone hear Beckel on Fox? Reply with quote

Beckel just said he thinks the south should form their own nation. What about the west?

SUITS ME!!!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While all this is funny and may seem to be funny, in truth, Democrats making these kinds of statements are playing with the security of our country.
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone hear Beckel on Fox? Reply with quote

vietnamvet wife wrote:
Beckel just said he thinks the south should form their own nation. What about the west?

Uhm, Bob.... I think they tried that once already. It didn't work out so well, but I don't think you want to encourage this kind of thinking. It could end up with a bit different result than what you are expecting. KIND OF LIKE THIS ELECTION.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
BPC69
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yeah, I'd have to say the results would be quite a bit different. I'd be moving myself up out of New York State along with my great-great-great grand fathers Union Civil War Uniform which is in the attic and move my Yankee behind down into redneck central. Those Commies, errr I mean Liberals need to watch what they say, it's shameful and the 'silent' majority is a formidable reality as yesterday has proven. Spread all across this land coast to coast, sea to shining sea. Maybe Beckel should just pack up his complaints and move his butt on out of here with the international poll observers or something, take some more steroids or something, control your rage.

BPC
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone hear Beckel on Fox? Reply with quote

vietnamvet wife wrote:

SUITS ME!!!

Can we just chop off the outer fringe of Cal + Washington /Oregon and send them adrift! The rest of California is red!
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to remind Bob that unlike the last time, this time the South has all the guns and defense plants.
Wouldn't it be a delicious irony if in CWII the South defeats the Rebel Yankees and preserves the Union?
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't believe it -- the first thing ourt of Beckel's mouth was a diatribe about stealing the 2000 election! It seems he didn't notice the 2004 returns were in and counted, and President Bush took the electoral vote and the popular vote.

There is no doubt that the Swift boat veterans were a major factor in this great result. They should be very proud of what they have accomplished. Among other things, they have humbled the New York Times and the rest of the main stream media. Dan Rather eat your heart out.

Nalt
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Beckel's statement does not surprise me. It's the northeastern elitist liberal mentality speaking. To their way of thinking, they are superior and anyone who doesn't agree with them ("see the light") is inferior. A genealogist will recognize a pattern in the blue states that I won't get into here.

I think you will continue to hear this kind of message in the next four years and perhaps beyond as these people continue to deny (to themselves) that their thinking is just plain wrong, and as they continue to try to find someone (else) to blame for their defeat.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also happened in 1948 by the Democrats:

http://college.hmco.com/history/readerscomp/rcah/html/ah_025200_dixiecratpar.htm

Quote:
DIXIECRAT PARTY
In 1948, the Democratic National Convention was splintered by debate over controversial new civil rights planks that had been proposed for addition to the party platform. Adoption of the planks, urged by a group led by Hubert Humphrey of Minnesota, was resisted by delegates from southern states. In the middle, trying to hold together the New Deal coalition he had inherited from Franklin D. Roosevelt, was President Harry S. Truman. As a compromise, he was prepared to settle for the adoption of only those planks that had been in the 1944 platform. But Truman's own civil rights initiatives, including the formation of the Committee on Civil Rights and the Fair Employment Practices Commission, had advanced the civil rights debate to a new level, and he could not turn the clock back. The planks were adopted, prompting thirty-five southern Democrats to walk out. They formed the States' Rights party, which came to be popularly known as the Dixiecrats.

Meeting in Birmingham, Alabama, the Dixiecrats nominated South Carolina governor Strom Thurmond as their candidate for president. In the November election, Thurmond carried four states: Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina. He received well over a million popular votes, and his thirty-nine electoral votes represented more than 7 percent of the total.

The Dixiecrat episode was one of the most significant third-party efforts in America's history. Truman won reelection, but the strong showing put forth by the Dixiecrats signaled impending changes in electoral politics. It was the most visible sign of the postwar erosion of the New Deal coalition.

USCG
61-69
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Naval Academy my first roomate was a "northeastern elitist." He slept with a teddy bear and when it snowed he would run back from class trying to catch snow flakes on his tongue. Like Kerry, he never quite got what it means to be a naval officer -- he left the Academy and went back to civilian life.

Jerry
DaveS
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we did that once. Not that it didn't work out so well it's that the rest of the country wouldn't leave us alone.

God Bless Robert E. Lee
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Beckel should think twice about that!! Very Happy
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1189799/posts

The Future of Texas
Posted on 08/11/2004 5:49:17 PM PDT by reformed_dem

Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union (please refer to the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848).

We Texans love y'all, but we'll have to take action if Kerry wins as president over Bush. We'll miss you too.

Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the results. After seeing the whiners along the campaign route, the folks from Texas are considering taking matters into our own hands.

Here is our solution:

#1: Let John Kerry become President of the United tates. (all 49 states.)

#2: George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic Of Texas. So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. (we will control the space industry.)

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry. (we have over 65% of it) The term "Don't mess with Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about those northern states. John Kerry will figure a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, Etc, Etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world and other large health planning centers.

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: UT Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT, Texas Women's University, Ivy grows better in the south anyway

9. We have a ready supply of workers. (just open the border when we need some more)

10. We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army in 24 hours if we need it. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables and lets not forget seafood from the gulf. And everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic Of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Kerry:

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Kerry will be able to drive around in his 9 mile per gallon SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the space center in Houston will cut off your communications. You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes but since Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Signed, The People of Texas

Have a nice day!

SBD
Darkhorse18
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit for a while Tuesday night and early Wednesday I wanted to chop off Ohio and give it to the Canadians.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Did anyone hear Beckel on Fox? Reply with quote

vietnamvet wife wrote:

SUITS ME!!!

Beckel's also claimed he didn't have to support the president (though popularly elected by the largest number of votes in history!) - no, he said, he could just go on criticizing him because he didn't like him and because that was his right.

Whatever Beckel - just because it's your right doesn't mean we have to sit by and listen to you or that we can't call you what you are - you anti-American idiot!

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just the south --- look at this map -- the Blue areas are much smaller than people think.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/countymap.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: