SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED CELEBRATION PROPOSED !!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED CELEBRATION PROPOSED !!! Reply with quote

Thank you Swifties and POW's!

Thank you supporters online!

Thank you President Bush!

Thank you God!

This effort was nothing short of heroic!

I propose a Mission Accomplished Celebration on Thanksgiving Day in Orlando at a large convention hall.

All Swifties, POW's and supporters invited to be there.

Everyone pays own way and contributes $50/person to the celebratory party.

We invite supportive media personalities and entertainers to help us celebrate in style.

We meet each other face to face, we hoist an adult beverage or two in celebration, and we get to shake the hands of heroic participants of this mission, whom we have come to know and respect so highly.

I Bet We Would Have 10,000 People There

For A Celebration None of Us Would Ever Forget !!

Last edited by hleone on Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK GOD FOR THE SWIFTIES!
Randomluck
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be there Very Happy
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there with bells on.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
I'll be there with bells on.

Just bells?

wooo hooo... That I'd like to see Wink

- Chief
snake king
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I feel that Kerry's demise is the parade that we Vietnam Vets never got.

I also feel that, with our stated intention unsatisfied -- i.e., Kerry apologize for the slanders of the past and reveal his entire service record -- that we must continue on the attack; in much the same way that General Patten should have rolled all the way to Moscow in 1945 -- a move that might have prevented the Cold War and the domination of Eastern Europe for a generation!

Kerry doesn't come up for election until 2008. Sufficient time for us to thoroughly inform the voters of Massachusetts of the details of his faking Naval records in order to appear a hero, concealing the adverse character of his discharge from the service, and the manner in which he allowed himself to become a tool of the Viet Cong. Remember, impeachment is not just reserved for liars.

If we SWIFTVETS now congratulate ourselves and disband, we run the risk that Kerry will become our children's "Teddy Kennedy." People of Massachusetts will keep electing him until his seniority exceeds all others and Kerry becomes Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee in 2010!

I guarantee you that his mentor and henchman, Edward Kennedy would not be in office now had the SWIFTVETS existed at the time that Teddy abandon Miss Kopechne in that Oldsmobile under the Chappaquidick bridge!
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snake king wrote:
Personally, I feel that Kerry's demise is the parade that we Vietnam Vets never got.

I also feel that, with our stated intention unsatisfied -- i.e., Kerry apologize for the slanders of the past and reveal his entire service record -- that we must continue on the attack; in much the same way that General Patten should have rolled all the way to Moscow in 1945 -- a move that might have prevented the Cold War and the domination of Eastern Europe for a generation!

Kerry doesn't come up for election until 2008. Sufficient time for us to thoroughly inform the voters of Massachusetts of the details of his faking Naval records in order to appear a hero, concealing the adverse character of his discharge from the service, and the manner in which he allowed himself to become a tool of the Viet Cong. Remember, impeachment is not just reserved for liars.

If we SWIFTVETS now congratulate ourselves and disband, we run the risk that Kerry will become our children's "Teddy Kennedy." People of Massachusetts will keep electing him until his seniority exceeds all others and Kerry becomes Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee in 2010!

I guarantee you that his mentor and henchman, Edward Kennedy would not be in office now had the SWIFTVETS existed at the time that Teddy abandon Miss Kopechne in that Oldsmobile under the Chappaquidick bridge!

Great points Snake King and I agree that we do not want John Kerry to become the next Ted Kennedy. We still have a job to finish.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED CELEBRATION PROPOSED !!! Reply with quote

hleone wrote:
I propose a Mission Accomplished Celebration on Thanksgiving Day in Orlando at a large convention hall.
All Swifties, POW's and supporters invited to be there.

This would be wonderful!

-- FDL
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need an organizational take charge type person to put a party together.

We have any ex drill seargents?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH YEAH like I could get my liberty card over Thanksgiving! You have got to be kidding. I have people already emailing me their requests for things they are hoping I will make. If I went AWOL I would be shot.

Why not have it later on when the airline fares aren't as high? Thanksgiving is the hottest travel time of the year.

If you are really serious I could help put it together. I am not a DI but I am a mom. I am well versed in putting worms in baskets.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to come but unfortunately financial and other considerations don't make that an option. I've got my mother living with me and she's getting on in years so I can't leave her alone for any extended time. If I came it would have to be for at least a couple of days. That plus travel time would put me in a serious bind with my other responsibilities.
But thanks any way and good luck.
Semper Fi Very Happy

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Timberwolf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree whole heartly that Kerry needs to be taken all the way down, but I also believe the only way to do that will be to take his sentor daddy, Ted Kennedy down too. I don't know if that is possible with the Kennedy clout in that part of America. What do we have on Kennedy, that can be proven or should I say that Mass. cares about.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!!
But two issues -
1. I think Thanksgiving is too soon. Unless you're planning on nothing more significant than a kegger in a field. This sort of thing needs a few months both for planning and also for people to free theri schedules and make their reservations.

2. Sorry, but I don't like the Orlnado option. Washington DC would be one obvious great place - but after the Inauguration. Another great choice would be somewhere in Texas. So many of our outstanding leaders live there, including John O'Neil and Chief. I'd love an excuse to go back to Dallas. Or Houston, or San Antonio.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could compromise and have a kegger in my field in Texas, between San Antonio and Austin. Very Happy
VAW11_Vet
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I live in Texas I would love to have it here but why not Boston? What better place!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: