SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What you did for our grandchildren

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miltonsket
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: What you did for our grandchildren Reply with quote

Tears of joy streamed down my face last night, I cried with my family. My wife of 40 years my daughter, my son in law and my two grandsons, age 10 and 6. Last night God held this country in the palm of his hands , and once again he used as his tool humble, honest men. I want to share with you what my daughter said to her sons as tears rolled down her face.
(paraphrasing)
Our country was saved by true heroes. The Swiftboat vets stood up against all the power, the money and media lies just like they fought for all of us when I was a baby, now they have saved this country for you, my children. And just like the passengers who took down the forth airplane on September 11th they had no weapons, no money, no power. They only had their bravery, their honor and the truth. Heroes are not the baseball players or rock stars, true heroes walk among us and when it counts, against the odds and with no promised rewards they stand up, they fight, they do what is right!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU FROM A GRATEFUL NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SBVTSupporter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have expressed my feelings toward the Swifties any better than miltonsket did above. You have saved this country from a terrible fate. Your effort will be remembered as a stellar moment in this Country's political history when right triumphed over wrong. God bless you all.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have expressed it any better either. Thank you Swiftvets, from a grateful Navy vet who was more than honored to be associated with the same kind of men I was so proud to have served with. May God bless each and every one of you, but especially John O"Neill, Steve Gardner, Roy Hoffman and Larry Thurlow, men who laid it all on the line for this country once and again. May all 254 of you forever more have calm seas and gentle breezes as you sail into history. And may God heal the hearts of the Vietnam vets who now have the comfort of knowing that their true story is finally being told.

And may America never again dishonor its brave men and women of valor.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: