SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What we need to do now!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed-- since he does nothing in the senate he will be regrouping soon for either another run (unlikely-- the dems eat their losers) or to stay in the senate with the Commander of the Chappiquiddick. Will it be easier to find out about his REAL discharge or would being charged with treason force it out?
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a real ethical quandry with what to do about John Kerry's continued public career. On the one hand, as a resident of another state, I don't feel it is any of my business to meddle in the affairs of the state of Mass, and so I'm reluctant to get involved in Mass politics.

On the other hand, John Kerry is a United States Senator, from Mass, and as such he is allowed to participate, even control, business that is my business - i.e., I may not have had anything to do with his election, but he is acting as my (and your) representative for any committee on which he sits.

I think I now know that as long as he holds high public office he remains a threat to this country and its security. I also think that, given the history of Mass voters, he is likely to be re-elected, and with increased seniority be given even greater powers.

Therefore, I don't see how any of us can brush him aside and consider our work done. Is there another way to look at this?
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boundless wrote:

Quote:
> ... you would be better served joining the
> Republicans and try to ...

Caution: The SB&POWfts are not necessarily aligned
with Republican goals. It might even have served
their effort to show a count or percentage of members
who are registered Democrats.

There may be no consensus for actions beyond
neutralizing Kerry.

Understood and well stated. Perhaps I took some liberties in my post. God bless the Democrats who put principle before party.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker

I'm of the same opinion as you. If he was governor of Massachuseets, that would be one thing. United States Senator is something entirely different. I'd say if we get the truth out there and presented, and they re-elect him, we've done our job. I don't think John Kerry would survive the truth, though.
Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AK: > Is there another way to look at this?

Yep. Kerry may be defeated, but he's still a threat.
More than that, the media cover-up of him, and their
bias, spin and anti-Swifty/POW attacks continue unabated.

If the legacy media could be further embarassed by a
showing of what they concealed or failed to discover
about Kerry, I have no problem with Kerry becoming
collateral damage in that effort.

If Kerry wants the scrutiny to stop, he needs only:
- come clean about his past
- apologize to everyone he's used and abused
Pretty simple, really.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bottom line take on Mr. Kerry is that he committed treason in every sense of the word.
A traitor always thinks he's doing a good thing. In reality he of course is betraying his country and it's people. This one most certainly helped to write many names on a black wall by his actions motivated by the worst of all motivations. Personal gain!
Traitors can not be allowed to walk free if their deeds are exposed to the public.
His not being a Senator is the least of what I think should be done. This is the time for criminal proceedings to commence.
IMHO anyway.

Dusty
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anything will come about due to the petition that was delivered to the Senate on 18 Oct. I think they were waiting to review it till after the election.
KWJams
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we want history to be written about the efforts made by the SBV's?

Without vindication for the SBV's and all Vietnam Veterans, history will remember this as nothing more than a bunch of angry war criminals who tried to assassinate the public image of a war hero.

The important thing to realize here is why the public seemed to not be overly concerned about Kerry's anti-war record. It is because we were all raised to hate war and by dissenting against the war in Vietnam was in many ways the right thing to do when it became clear that it was a political game staged for the 6:pm news.
Kerry and his ilk crossed the line from protesting the war to protesting America.

The distinction must be made between the lawful dissent of war protestors and the anti-American acts of sedition by Kerry.

Kennedy was probably the middle man who got Carter to doctor Kerry's discharge records so they will go down with him.
This goes beyond just Kerry. South Dakota took care of Daschelle. If we don't help clean up the rest -- who will?

The records will not be as protected now that he has lost. He is politically radioactive now and vulnerable and there will probably be those on his side that are blaming him for the democrats losing power and will gladly turn on him.

Is the final chapter of this story going to be titled "Abandoned Honor" because we lost interest in seeing justice through to the end?

Those who did not come home deserve that we never give up!
PowerPro
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally, I feel that Kerry's demise is the parade that we Vietnam Vets never got.

I disagree - I think denying Kerry his lifelong dream is a good start.

However, the real parade will come after an inevitable chain of events takes place.

First, John Kerry is ejected from the Senate and faces criminal charges for his treacherous activity.

Next, on the day he stands before a Judge (an honest one, of course) and is found guilty by a jury of his peers (NOT Ted Kennedy) and is sentenced to a hefty jail term....

...then the Veterans who served honorably 30 plus years ago - who were mercilously smeared by this political opportunist and traitor - will finally be vindicated and recognized as the heroes they truly are...

and THEN we can plan the parade they've always deserved.

Thank you SBVs & POWs FT! Your service to this country is incalculable!!!
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the grandest approach would be a televsion documentary series to set the record straight.

John Kerry was only one participant of many - J.W. Fulbright, Ted Kennedy, Joe Kennedy, Jerome Grossman of MasPAX, Jane Fonda, etc - the list of names is very long as well as the list of anti-war organizations and activists groups - all interacting together with a common goal.
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wit wrote:
snake king wrote:
Personally, I feel that Kerry's demise is the parade that we Vietnam Vets never got.

Wouldn't it be wondeerful if all Vietnam Vets were able to march in the Inaugural Parade. I think the Republician party owes them something!
Wit
Retired Navy Master Chief 1954 - 1975

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Vietnam Vets marched with the Iraqi Vets in their parade when they victoriously come home. After all the Vietnam vets are fighting their own war right here in the USA to help protect those fighting abroad from irresponsible traitors!
wonhyo
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Biggest Turnout for Veterans Day Parade Reply with quote

I think the best salute, thank you to the Vets would be to have the biggest turnout for Veterans Day Parade in every city throughout the country. We need to show MSM that we are proud of our servicemen and no lies they say can stop us. We are on a roll and need to keep the momentum. Imagine how our service people in Iraq and Afghanistan would feel to see America thanking them!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: