SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chances of the Democratic Party Imploding?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Chances of the Democratic Party Imploding? Reply with quote

I think they are afraid they will implode. I have picked up a talking point they are all using. All the democrat pundants are saying president Bush must now reach out to democrats, move to the center politically, and become more centrist.

In other words, president Bush must now govern against the will of the people who elected him by a mandate, must move toward the democrats so they will not become obsolete.

arkadyfolkner wrote:
Discuss, will they implode, or split?
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democrats now have a choice to make. In the early 1960s the wacko fringe took over the party. It is no longer the party of JFK, FDR or Truman. If a hostile takeover does not happen, the Dems are finished.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democratic Party did not find itself in the fix its in (hard left radicals) overnight. The decline started in the mid-60s. The Democratic Party of JKF was the party of "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" and "we will pay any price, bear any burden, to promote the cause of liberty". Radicals infiltrated with the VietNam War (including JK) and the downward slope began. Carter won only on the tails of Watergate and was soundly drummed out by Reagan. Clinton won twice on the tails of an economy spawned by Reagan. Meanwhile, the homosexual lobby, the radical feminist agenda, the abortion groups and the NACCP/JJ wing came in and established themselves as powerbrokers in the DNC. So, 35 years to arrive at the state they are in now....out of power in the Senate, the House and the Executive with the Supreme Court poised for GOP installed judges. If the party is to return to its pre mid 60's roots, the Zell Millers and the Joe Libermans have to decide to wrest control away from Clinton et al. I don't see that happening any time before 2008.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

docford wrote:
The Democrats now have a choice to make. In the early 1960s the wacko fringe took over the party. It is no longer the party of JFK, FDR or Truman. If a hostile takeover does not happen, the Dems are finished.

I got off the phone with my son over in Japan (USMC)
They had just gotten back from Fuji to Okinawa, and they listened to election updates via cell phone.

One SERIOUSLY HAPPY SHIPLOAD OF GRUNTS.
(go ahead squids, three times fast ... Smile )

I ended up telling him the Democrats are today what John Kerry helped create back in '71. I'll stand by that remark ... if it's not true, then why are we looking into FBI records and documenting this?

I'm going to have a couple of long discussions with my son when he gets home on leave about the last 35 years, from a historical and practical perspective. We owe it to these kids to alert them on the "invisible" enemy, as much as the military educates them about the "conventional" ones.
misako
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to dump and marginalise the angry left such as Moore and Kennedy and move to centre where folks like Pat Cadell and Joe Lieberman are, if they don't, I predict they will lose far worse next time. Maybe a leader will emerge such as as a possibility later, Obama, but they have a whole lot of baggage and dippies to get rid of first.
If Harry Reid becomes leader in Senate and McAwful is gone, that would be a start, but Pelosi will need to go too and plenty of other whackos. My feeling is that in the end thinking Dems will decide to take back party of Truman, but it's going to be an interesting and bloody fight to watch. Maybe Lord Acton had in a bit wrong and instead of absolute power corrupting completely it is out of power and shrinking parties that implode, but I think there are enough thinking Dems to decide to stop the leftwing bomb throwers, but that is their problem. I was Democrat early back in 50's, but party left me as they did Zell. For good of America, some Dems will have to fight for old principles, but that won't be Clintonites and lefties and it will be a fight!!
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds reasonable to me.
By that time, the Republicans will be in some serious need of re-shaping, too, methinks.

Seems to run in cycles.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the Democrats imbrace the Clintons. The embodiments of democrat demise, they will never change. If I were a democrat I would revolt to the canidates thay keep sending up. Come to think of it that's what I did. Out of 6 in my family I am the only one who saw the wacko libs all the way back to McGovern. We don't discuss politics at family gatherings.

But Clinton is to the Democrats what an anvil is chained to a man in the East River.
They can't get rid of them. It is a sick relationship that does nothing but serve the Clintons egos. All the while trashing the party that supports them. Who has Bill campained for that was elected?

Until the Clintons are let out to political pasture they will continue to oversee the demise of their party. Why responsible democrats cannot see the cancer that has infected them is beyond me, unless a democrat who speaks out against the Clintons will lose their standing in the party.

With the Clintons help they have lost more seats in state houses, governors, and both houses of congress. Why do they love him?
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the sad parts of what has happened. America needs two strong parties, the worst thing that could happen to the Republican party is for the Democratic Party to continue this downward spiral.

The reason the Democratic party has lost the south is that they told the Southern Democratic House and Senate members that they were to pledge complete allegence to the party and tow the mainstream party lines no matter what. Allegence to the party 1st , allegence to the voters who elected you, last. So Bob Graham, Max Cleland, Wyche Fowler and others drank the Koolaid and the voters flushed the Koolaid down the toliet.

The best thing for the Democratic party would be to FIRE Terry McAuliffe and hire Zell Miller to chair the party and put it back together. But we all know they won't do that. So they will continue their spill, not stop and learn from their mistakes and the country will continue turning red. I heard one of the Democrats on TV tonight say something about the supreme court nominees coming up and how Bush better work with the Senate. No, the Senate better work with Bush, 2002 is another year and there are more seats to gain.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read Zell Miller's Oped in Atlanta Journal Constitution

"I tried to tell you . . .
Democrats repel voters, who put faith in freedom "

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16535
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new democratic gameplan seems to be after this election is to move even further to the left. that the liberals in the dem party were not angry enough and that they let Bush off easy. i asked one person why when they had the chance to put someone forward like lieberman with conservative values , i was told he would fail becuase he is too jewish. I asked what that had to do with running the country and they said democrats dont like people that religious and they didnt want someone who is an israel sympathizer.

The new dems dont care they have become a bunch of crazies , they think if they get crazier and brainwash these college kids into their way of thinking that will build themselves a new powerbase. We really do need the dem party but if they dont provide electable candidates they will be phased right out of the government.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will misinterpret Kerry's popularity as a mandate for their ideas.
However what they will forget is that much of who Kerry is was not reported by the MSM, and much of his support was hatred for Bush which frankly was misinformed as well by the MSM.

Will the Democrats go further left?

What will thay blame now? I'm seeing reports of blaming the youth. Perhaps even the libs, Bon Jovi, Bruce, The Dixie Chicks, and MTV couldn't motovate the younger vote, or they could not influence them to join their side.
misako
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought that I would say this, but the LA Times (that famous/infamous rightwing bastion) finally has a thoughtful analysis of the huge problems facing Democrats for future elections and the urgent need to move back to the center, maybe some of them are beginning to get it. It gives good summary of voting patterns too. Please go read if interested, I think will help clarify some issues facing the DEMS in this thread. It is at latimes.com
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democrats went of the rails in '72. In they're effort to dump the "Hump" (HH Humphrey) the radicals gutted the party bosses and big city machines. Symbolically the successful challenge and unseating of Mayor Richard J Dailey at that convention unhinged them from reality and the Silent Majority. They embraced the bra-burners, the gays, and every rebel-without-a-clue to pack the delegations and carry McGovern.

After the fluke of Watergate these radicals swept congress and trashed the seniority rules that maintained party discipline (and corruption). Carter rode in on the anybody but a Republican or DCcrat mindset but was systematically trashed by the 'Rightful Heir', the sub commander of Chappaquiddic. Jimmy's poor performance and a fractured party gave us Ronnie.

G H W Bush was a so-so president but a lousy candidate and was followed by a great campaigner but horrific president, Billy Boy. Hidden in all this is the total absence of a core in the Democratic Party. The 'little man' has been replaced with barking moonbats of the radical left, Hessian brown-shirts from fractured 'big labor', fat cat appatchiks of 'The Great Society' with their dependent clients, the fat wallets of the trial lawyers, and the co-conspiriting, running dog lackies in the MSM. The only thing that gives these disparate elements common cause is unreasoned hate of the 'other'.

Only the MSM keeps air in that balloon.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Implosion by the Dem party is a good thing for Hillary, she can put the pieces back together for 2008, she will be a juggernaut. The Republicans need to start raising dough for that election starting now cuz if the 527 thing is not fixed the Dems will have close to a half billion dollars for her.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
The new democratic gameplan seems to be after this election is to move even further to the left. that the liberals in the dem party were not angry enough and that they let Bush off easy. i asked one person why when they had the chance to put someone forward like lieberman with conservative values , i was told he would fail becuase he is too jewish. I asked what that had to do with running the country and they said democrats dont like people that religious and they didnt want someone who is an israel sympathizer.

The new dems dont care they have become a bunch of crazies , they think if they get crazier and brainwash these college kids into their way of thinking that will build themselves a new powerbase. We really do need the dem party but if they dont provide electable candidates they will be phased right out of the government.

Let's not forget that the Dems came within one state of taking this election. All they need to do to retake the executive branch is move center, yet, as you say they're moving left - at the moment. But when they've had time to Kool off and stop drinking the Kool Aid for a second, calmer rhetoric may appear. It really doesn't bother me, as a conservative, what the Dems do right now...if they get it together in 8 years or 20 years - this country will be fine for a while now - the moderates and conservatives will now "compete" within the Republican Party for the direction we head. The same is true for the Labor party in Britain for the past 15 years or so - they've had a juggernaut - however it's on the moderate to moderate left...and they're making out OK with basically one strong party and 2 or 3 weak ones...the Dems will comeback - someday - they'll always be there or will reconsitute somehow, some way...in the meantime - let's fight for LESS GOVERNMENT - wow, what a novel conservative idea!!! That way when the libs' pendulum swings back into favor they'll have less of the pie to try to abscond with! Twisted Evil Laughing

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: