SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED CELEBRATION PROPOSED !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in Orlando for Thanksgiving at my daughter's house with our family. But it is a pretty bad time for hotels etc. It is peak season but anyone who is there, I would love to meet and say hello. Disney is fun!

We are going to DC for the inauguration and if there are others coming I would be happy to reserve a room for a cocktail get together or something even if it isn't the Big Event.

As for the Big Event I am in for anywhere anytime. I haven't visited Texas so that would be a real treat!!!! And I want to go to Crawford.
Wow more and more I like that idea TEXAS. But if we decide on Florida all of us here could work together to get it organized. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!! I just got anothr neat idea (We've alredy established that's as dangerous as a Second Lieutenant with a map Smile ) But here goes - Let's have our celebration in Cambodia at Christmas Wink

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little too poor to be there, but I will be there in spirit! God bless all Swifties, POWs, and all here! Party hardy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an outstanding idea - and I would love to look forward to a big bash say...in January (when fares are lower and hotels are open)...in sunny South Texas (centrally located...home of some of our heros)...with good food, good beer and good friends! Very Happy

It would be so nice to meet so many of you in person, and say "thanks" for all of the hard work done so far.
Tim McNabb
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Texas would rock Reply with quote

I'm down with Texas
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Texas! Waiting for details! Very Happy
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys are serious...are you serious?

I would be glad to set it up if you are.

I am thinking: After the holidays. In Texas. Either the coast, if we have sport fisherman, or the hill country, just because it is so beautiful. We could always go to LBJ's ranch. ACK!

PM me if you have other ideas, or just if you are really interested in doing this.
LSU Engineer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rurik wrote:
Let's have our celebration in Cambodia at Christmas Wink

I bet Nixon won't deny that you're there!

Don't forget - two days after the party, you have to go back with an 8mm movie camera and reenact it.
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED CELEBRATION PROPOSED !!! Reply with quote

hleone wrote:
Thank you Swifties and POW's!

Thank you supporters online!

Thank you President Bush!

Thank you God!

This effort was nothing short of heroic!

I propose a Mission Accomplished Celebration on Thanksgiving Day in Orlando at a large convention hall.

All Swifties, POW's and supporters invited to be there.

Everyone pays own way and contributes $50/person to the celebratory party.

We invite supportive media personalities and entertainers to help us celebrate in style.

We meet each other face to face, we hoist an adult beverage or two in celebration, and we get to shake the hands of heroic participants of this mission, whom we have come to know and respect so highly.

I Bet We Would Have 10,000 People There

For A Celebration None of Us Would Ever Forget !!

Me and my wife will BOTH be there, regardless of time&place.

God bless You all and our BELOVED W !!!!

Need some wood?!?!
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas! In Crawford! The town would welcome the Swifties and if possible, given enough lead time and an invitation W. could positon himself at the Western WH and find himself attending. Waco is the closest large city and has the facilities (moderate hotels etc.). Perhaps an inquiry to Crawford City Fathers and the ball could start rolling...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy For those needing to fly in Dallas is about two hours north and San Antonio about two hours south, Houston two hours southeast.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest Washington for the Inaguration of the President.
Hope we can have a big Veterans contingent present and celebrating! Wink

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea. Since finance and time off work will make it impossible for some to attend why don't we group up by state. That would make it fair for everyone. Then if there is a small group they could just go to the neighboring state. We could compile all the pictures from all of the parties and sort of make a year book so to speak. Then in the future we could join more groups until we have it down to one. That would take about 4 years, just in time to celebrate Hillaries defeat. Just an idea so everyone has a chance to celebrate and meet some of the crew. Semper Fi.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M4L, You've got a great idea. But why not do BOTH?

I do think we want, we need a big national celebration.
But local or regional gatherings should be held also. Both to celebrate and also to ge together with people who could form a network of local organizations. such a network with an informal regional character could be very effective for any next campaign.
I've been planning to rais this issue myself.

And I've noticed that Minnesota appears to have been blessed with somewhat more than its fair share of activists. I'm an ex-Minnesotan, and I make it back to Beirut-on-Missisippi about once a month. If the Minnesota delegation plans a meeting, give me a little advance notice please.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rurik wrote:
M4L, You've got a great idea. But why not do BOTH?

I do think we want, we need a big national celebration.
But local or regional gatherings should be held also. Both to celebrate and also to ge together with people who could form a network of local organizations. such a network with an informal regional character could be very effective for any next campaign.
I've been planning to rais this issue myself.

And I've noticed that Minnesota appears to have been blessed with somewhat more than its fair share of activists. I'm an ex-Minnesotan, and I make it back to Beirut-on-Missisippi about once a month. If the Minnesota delegation plans a meeting, give me a little advance notice please.

Minnesota's in! Very Happy
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a national gathering, how about the 3-day President's Day weekend/federal holiday?

Waco or San Antonio...

Food...

Beer...

Music...

Friends...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: