SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chances of the Democratic Party Imploding?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buffman wrote:
Implosion by the Dem party is a good thing for Hillary, she can put the pieces back together for 2008, she will be a juggernaut. The Republicans need to start raising dough for that election starting now cuz if the 527 thing is not fixed the Dems will have close to a half billion dollars for her.

Exactly, and they'll be hoppin' mad and they'll "stop at nothing" and the Lame Stream Media will still be around in some wierd way - Moore will probably have another movie out about WW3 or some nonsense - I think talk of a totally weak opposition is a bit premature - yet, it's good days in America for a while - keep praying for our men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan though...and supporting OperationIraq and so forth to be a blessing to them...

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is more evidence they are imploding, Al Gore will be running again in 2008.

www.algore.org

I wonder what Hillary thinks?
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

misako wrote:
They need to dump and marginalise the angry left such as Moore and Kennedy and move to centre where folks like Pat Cadell and Joe Lieberman are, if they don't, I predict they will lose far worse next time. Maybe a leader will emerge such as as a possibility later, Obama, but they have a whole lot of baggage and dippies to get rid of first.
If Harry Reid becomes leader in Senate and McAwful is gone, that would be a start, but Pelosi will need to go too and plenty of other whackos. My feeling is that in the end thinking Dems will decide to take back party of Truman, but it's going to be an interesting and bloody fight to watch. Maybe Lord Acton had in a bit wrong and instead of absolute power corrupting completely it is out of power and shrinking parties that implode, but I think there are enough thinking Dems to decide to stop the leftwing bomb throwers, but that is their problem. I was Democrat early back in 50's, but party left me as they did Zell. For good of America, some Dems will have to fight for old principles, but that won't be Clintonites and lefties and it will be a fight!!

Along these same lines, look what George Will wrote about Michael Moore - it's good:
"the Democratic Party should purge its Michael Moore faction. Moore, the vulgarian who made the movie "Fahrenheit 9/11," is unhinged by his loathing of Bush -- and of the country that has now reelected him. Moore and the hordes of his enthusiasts are a stain on the party -- as are those Democratic senators and representatives who in June made a merry festival of the movie's Washington premiere. Moore illustrates the fact that the Republican Party benefits -- it is energized by resentment -- when the entertainment industry and major journalistic institutions (e.g., the New York Times, CBS News) enlist as appendages of the Democratic Party's advocacy apparatus."

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeFall wrote:
www.algore.org

Shocked

OHMIGOSH! It looks like someone is serious about this!

srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what the Dems have been saying for the past couple of days,
it appears to me that they just do not get it. Some of them think that
they did not get their message out. They are already calling for Bush
to "unite" the country, which to them means for him to allow THEM to
set the agenda. I have never believed that the rank and file members
of the party embrace the radical left of the party. They have much
more in common with the Republicans and many of them have started
voting that way. The ones that continue to vote Democratic do so
because their families have always done it and because they are not
informed enough to know what their own party stands for. I am still
convinced that if the MSM had reported the truth about Kerry and had
only been fair to Bush, Kerry would have won only CA, MA, and NY. A
party that is anti-American, anti-God, and anti-life does NOT represent
the mainstream of American culture - and THEY THINK THEY DO!! They
think that the rest of America is just too stupid, too unsophisticated,
and too uneducated to "see the light". They think they lost because
they did not get their message out - they lost because they DID get
their message out and it was rejected by almost 60 million Americans.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: 2008 Reply with quote

The Democrats may look like they're imploding now, but they have ways of picking up the pieces, and Hillary is waiting in the wings. Who, in 1991, expected Bill Clinton to burst on the national scene from Arkansas?

On the GOP side, it's doubtful that Cheney will run for President in 2008. Jeb Bush would ordinarily be an excellent candidate, but people might start thinking about "nepotism" and "one-family rule". Giuliani has star-power, but his pro-choice positions could alienate Christians. Senator Frist seems to be too much of a "nice-guy" to deal with dirty-pool Democrats.

It's not clear who the next Republican candidate for President will be, and the party might not be united behind a single candidate as it was in 2004. Hopefully, President Bush and the Republican Congress can get to work on their agenda quickly, within the next two years, so that a new leader has time to emerge to carry the torch in 2008.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: 2008 Reply with quote

On second thought, one way to prevent Hillary from becoming President in 2008 would be to have Rudy Giuliani kick her out of the Senate in 2006! Then, by 2008, her only claim to fame would be to have married a President and served one term in the Senate.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A better Dem candidate for 2008 is Zell Miller; I don't know if he would like to run though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: