SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COL(Ret) Hackworth's disappointing 2 cents
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badbobusnret
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re- "Hack's last word to me:

Jeff, don’t have time for further conversations with you.

If you are a serving RA officer your surely don’t show it.

I think you need to sit down with a shrink and get some help. You rave on like a very sick puppy.

Don’t respond.

Hac"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff-

First- LOL

I can document one thing- as a WPointer you are an auto RA-(that's Regular Army for you Nav types).

Now- on to Hack. His response shows that he is suffering from what a lot of people who supported Kerry are experiencing right now- bitterness.
But a lot of bitterness has been released after 35 years because of Kerry's defeat. All the others tarred/scarred by folks like Kerry. More than fair trade in my simple aviator mind.....

I hope Hack wasn't one of those CO's who used the threat of sending their subordinates/troops to career ending "psyche evals". Yes- believe it or not this "force-shaping" tactic is often used. Maybe someone should investigate his (Hacks's) command history? It sure sounded like a threat to me.

Hack has his right to "earn" a living but I shudder to think young troopers seeing injustice/criminal activity would go to sftt.org (Col Hackworth's organization) for assistance......

VR/
USN ret
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was sent to me prior to the humiliating defeat of John Kerry.

In fact, I would say until discredited, this organization (sftt.org) stands as a threat to national defense. Hooked up with the proper other organizations, like the new VVAW, (IWVAW - Iraq War Veterans Against the War), they can do America harm. They are sort of like the '60 minutes' of retirees, I would figure - looking for disgruntled troops, who should be warned off from them.

I think a little opposition research might be good. I wonder if Hack has any craziness in his past (or present). An exposé a la Swiftees may be in order...

Don't worry, you'd have to be crazy to waste time trying to do my career hurt. I'm a pretty small, and incredibly boney and bitter crustacean for a sea bass like big mouth over there... I mean, after all, I call radio shows, write letters to the editor, appear in college fora, etc. It'd probably be a career enhancer if I were to face court-martial.

Last edited by jrwhite85 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff- Thank you for sharing the correspondence with us. It was enlightening to say the least. Until now I had some respect for him, that no longer exists.

One thing that really caught my eye <<"My father used to say that he would accept the apology of the liars from the VVAW, and people like Tom Hayden and Jane Fonda when they followed it by their own public suicide. I feel generally the same.">>. I have said the same for years and for 3 decades had kerry at the top of that list.

Thank you & God speed
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,

Very enlightening exchange. I knew and respected someone who was mentioned by name in his book. I kind of respected Hackworth then, I still respect the guy I knew. He earned the Silver Star in Viet Nam as a young Cpt. That guy, Harry Riley, is a great guy!

I think it was in Parade magazine that had an article saying Hackworth had resigned from the Army and went to Australia after Viet Nam, not retired. I thought that was pretty cool at the time. Guy gave up his retirement in protest for his beliefs. Not true. The sucker just bailed, actually retired, and really gave up nothing.

Lately I've been reading Hackworth's posts in the Early Bird and they are trash. Most have a contributor and all are bashing the administration.

The guy is irrelevant.

Viet Nam 71/72
Persian Gulf 90/91
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: