SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry to highlight Navy service at DNC convention

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: John Kerry to highlight Navy service at DNC convention Reply with quote

John Kerry is going to remind us that he is a Vietnam war hero. The convention will revolve around what a great all-American hero he is.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4305782,00.html
They will also be having that great military man Bill Clinton speaking reminding us how important it is to serve in the military to be President. Of course, Kerry will not mention his Senate record in revealing how he'd govern because it shows what an unaccomplished, leftist, anti-military type he is. So, it's all going to be Vietnam, Vietnam...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry picks fellow veterans for introduction
Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Kerry will address the convention on Thursday, after his crewmates, children and Cleland.

CNN

I may get physically ill.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Quote:
Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Kerry will address the convention on Thursday, after his crewmates, children and Cleland.

CNN

Ok, Who want to go to Boston with me to protest?
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man, the 'honorable' William H. spoke at my graduation. The guy had the balls to throw in a line abt his generation 'choosing to fight for freedom' in Vietnam

I was one of a handful of people that stood up and boo-ed him
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:
Quote:
Tuesday, July 13, 2004

CNN

I will!

Go to Boston, that is . . . . . .

Doug
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
ASPB wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:
Quote:
Tuesday, July 13, 2004

CNN

I will!

Go to Boston, that is . . . . . .

Doug

I consider you a friend Doug but I sincerely doubt that you support my point of view regarding Mr Kerry and the political party that was stolen from me by anti-American "progressive" collectivists in the late '60s; let alone Mr. Kerry's treason and slander of Vietnam veterans for political advantage.

However, if we both go, I'll be glad to meet with you after the convention to share a beer and old memories and to debate political differences as gentlemen.

Unfortunately, I just heard again that Sampley was going to be there and I don't want to be associated with him!

Now, if O'Neill and the Swifties go...... Wink

Tom
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they plan to address Kerry being a war hero then it will be a short convention, not much to talk about there. Have you noticed that most conventions address the goals and plans of the party as a whole, ie issues that need to be addressed? The DNC has to use their time to try and sell Kerry, they are in deep doo doo with this guy. It will be a week of false advertizing and noone will know where he stands on any issue, that is the way they want it. If America knew john john they would have a 40% drop in the polls. Well what the heck Kerry doesn't know where he stands on any issue either!!! Semper Fi.
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
I'll be glad to meet with you after the convention to share a beer...

Tom,

For what it's worth, I would be happy to help you protest, but since I'm not a veteran, I'm not sure what I could contribute.

However, I'd welcome the opportunity to buy you all of the beers you'd like, and to introduce you to some of Boston's more interesting watering holes; send me a PM if you're interested.

Sincerely,

Scott
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
ASPB wrote:
I'll be glad to meet with you after the convention to share a beer...

Tom,

For what it's worth, I would be happy to help you protest, but since I'm not a veteran, I'm not sure what I could contribute.

However, I'd welcome the opportunity to buy you all of the beers you'd like, and to introduce you to some of Boston's more interesting watering holes; send me a PM if you're interested.

Sincerely,

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the offer! As I'd have to fly from Puerto Vallarta, Mx to Boston. I'd only do it if I were assured the Swifties and vets with similar views were there in sufficient numbers to attract media attention.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he devotes four hours to his service in Vietnam, then proportionately, he should spend approximately 24 hours devoted to his activities with the VVAW, visiting with the North Vietnamese in Paris, lying to Congress, etc.

Sounds fair to me? Razz

"Hey, hey, J-F-K,
How many lies did you tell, today?

Hey, hey, your Auntie Binh
Says you followed Ho Chi Minh!"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: