SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"VIETNAM VETS, BACK IN THE CLOSET"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: "VIETNAM VETS, BACK IN THE CLOSET" Reply with quote

Gary L. Smith, USN, Ret. wrote:
So after the first time in 30 years, we have came ot of the shadows of public shame and have brought to light the stolen honor that those like Kerry took away from us. We & our families, children & grandchildren deserve the truth to be known so all can be proud of the sacrafice made by the Vietnam Vets. We need to re-write our history books that are based on false statements such as those put out by Kerry and his self-serving supporters during that time. We need to right the wrongs & set the record straight so that the awards, ribbons & medals that were give to the Vietnam Vets mean something and can be proudly displayed. We need to be able to say "I am a Vietnam Vet" and display ourselves in Veterans parades & public activities without carrying on our back people like Kerry.
We have together, through our support of the great Swift Vets and POWs for Truth brought to light the truth about Kerry and contributed to his loosing the the race for President. Kerry, the media and his followers will continue to distort the truth and tag us as spoilers, a republican 527 group, and what ever they want to call us. Is this what we want? Is it true? Everything will be lost if you the "Swiftboat Vets and POWs for Truth just put us "BACK IN THE CLOSET".

John Paul Jones: "I HAVE JUST BEGUN TO FIGHT"

OMG if I have anything to say about it or anything to do about it the Vietnam Vets and POWs will NEVER EVER go back in the closet.

I wish that we could give the Nam Vets and POWs the parade they truly should have received 30 years ago. These Vets and POWs put their life on hold for our country and us and they deserve our utmost respect and honor.

I will continue their plight on my blog because I believe no one should ever forget them and as long as I have breath in my body, I will not let anyone ever, ever forget.

Never Forget.....NEVER!!!!!!
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great thread.
"Living well is the greatest revenge."
I agree with all said here that it is how we live and recognize vets, etc. It is the attitude that we want to see change...for all Americans. Our children need to be proud of their parents. We must teach them all that we have ignored. That's a start. Oh so much to say but I think you have all covered it so beautifully. New Bumper sticker: Kiss a Vietnam Vet CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am concerned the only acceptable outcome from any of this is the absolute and unconditional surrender of John Kerry and his complete removal from any future involvement in American politics. Nothing less would be acceptable. Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Hellfire
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think LewWaters has a point. The Swift Vets have now fought TWICE for us, and it's time others fight for them and ALL vets. There are many ways to carry the torch. I completely lost it a few weeks ago when I read about the Iraq war Vet who was home from Iraq for some R&R after being wounded. This guy was at a concert, and some leftover from the 60's attacked him from behind and started beating on him while yelling all the same old insults of yesterday (baby killer etc etc). Nobody in the crowd helped this guy..NOBODY.

I turned to the wife and yelled "it's happening all over again because of that dirtbag Kerry and his tratorous campaign retoric against Iraq. If ANYBODY in your frigging family votes for kerry I'm going to blowtorch them, divorce me if you want"".

I guess what I'm saying is that the Vets have always protected us abroad, and we need to protect them HERE. The guy who beat on that Iraq war vet would be on life support if I was in that crowd. I seriously think I would have killed him with my bare hands. Do anything you can. Buy them a beer at the local bar, pay for their dinner at the local eatery, tell their stories, listen to their stories, preserve their history, honor their service, and most of all THANK them whenever you see them.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on that one Hellfire. I'd murder any one who defamed a vet in my presence. Evil or Very Mad

Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digger,

It's not murder, it's justifiable homicide!

Get your Viet Nam Veteran license plates! I have them on my truck here in Hawaii and the one in Texas.

When I came home from Saudi Arabia in 91 I was surprised by the reception we got. There were high school bands in the airport in Bangor, Maine. The place was crazy at McCord AFB in New Jersey.

For the rest of my career I had one pair of fatigues with the Desert Storm combat patch, but all the rest had my Viet Nam patch.

Welcome Home Viet Nam Veterans!

Aloha,
Al

Viet Nam 71/72
Persian Gulf 90/91
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest we be so bold as to demand an accounting from John Kerry for the POW and MIA committee he chaired in 1992. This Committee wrote of the MIAs in Vietnam so that Bill Clinton and John Kerry could normalize releations with Vietnam. What was required of Vietnam to normalize these relations. Squat.

This though is not a fight we are able to take on ourselves. Individually we have no power. We can write letters until the cows come home. They will go on deaf ears. President Bush said in his speach yesterday that he has political chips to use and he will use them. Well, do we not think the the Swift Boat Veterans now have some chips of their own. Why are we not using them?

"We will never forget"
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want some one to come and try to put me back in a closet !!!

I'm out, vocal, and still damn mad. Evil or Very Mad As far as I'm concerned, ALL of these people of the kerry ilk are going to be made to pay for what they've done to this country and its veterans.

The list is long, but we will never quit.... Organize and fight the bastards!!!

Who's next???

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
Adnil77
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a book out hter called "BOHICA" thta is very revelaing about our POW's. I don't know if it's still inprint, but it's worth looking for.
It states that there were live POW's sited, and that they were never rescued.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately think it's time to go on the attack and not give up until we get an absolute unconditional surrender from the Kerry camp and the news media both. I realize that this is a two front war, but we've been there before and won. In order to accomplish this mission we need to establish a good command infrastructure and a base of operations Swiftvets is a good starting place but these guys need a rest and they do deserve it after all. Has anybody got any suggestions? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: