SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LAURA INGRAHAM--WE MUST TAKE ACTION RIGHT NOW!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: LAURA INGRAHAM--WE MUST TAKE ACTION RIGHT NOW!!! Reply with quote

Laura emphasizing the need for us to flood Senator Bill Frist with
PHONE CALLS (more effective than mail) NOW, since the Senate will
be deciding who will head the various committees over the NEXT TWO WEEKS!
Senator Arlen Specter is the senior Republican on the
Senate Judiciary Committee but he panders to the liberals.
We must let Frist know that we want a conservative to head this
committee and get Conservative judges appointed to the courts.

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200411/CUL20041105a.html

LAURA SAYS TO GO TO HER WEBSITE to a list of Republican
senators to contact!! DO IT TODAY!!! Decisions are being made NOW
as to who will Chair the Judiciary Committee.

http://www.lauraingraham.com/public/

Last edited by shawa on Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I both contacted Senator Smith (R-OR) voicing our concern s with Specter - Everyone with a Republican Senator(s) should do the same

Remember Robert Bork - this time lets bork Specter
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: spector Reply with quote

I tried to call Senator Frist but kept getting a busy signal. So I guess the flood of calls that Laura wanted is underway.

I am going to keep trying but in the meantime I did fax and email Senator Frist. His fax number is 202.228.1264

Charlie
grumpyBB
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Sen. Gordon Smith's office here in Oregon earlier today (I knew nothing of Laura's drive) and they said they had gotten a lot of calls about Spector and she'd pass on my message to Sen. Smith.
JP
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Conservative Judges Reply with quote

Folks, this website is about John Kerry's unfitness to be President. Period. If you want to sound off on other political issues going forward, I for one respectfully suggest you find another forum. For one thing you might be assuming incorrectly that all members of the SBVT organization (I am not a member) share your views, and for another your posts may be counter-productive should this website continue to operate to establish John Kerry's record in Vietnam for the public.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The requests by us to our Congressmen/women are a continuation of the effort to keep power over our military out of Kerry's hands.

Kerry needs to have a seat in the Senate and be kept off of any committees until the good citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachussetts decide that they've had a bellyful - then he can be consigned to the "dust heap of history" where he belonged a long time ago.

If only such a resource were available to us in 1991 - we might have prevented this turncoat from serving on the Senate Select Committee for POW/MIA affairs.

Our Constitution provides for our representation in our own government and we are entitled to (and even responsible for) letting our elected representatives to Congress know where their constituency stands.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry needs to have a seat in the Senate and be kept off of any committees until the good citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachussetts decide that they've had a bellyful

With enough pressure kept up, hopefully he would resign. Wishful thinking, yes.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would simply suggest that Geedunk is an appropriate forum in this case, since the issue appears to be Sen. Spector?
deight
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Kerry needs to have a seat in the Senate and be kept off of any committees until the good citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachussetts decide that they've had a bellyful

With enough pressure kept up, hopefully he would resign. Wishful thinking, yes.

He will never resign under pressure-he is too arrogant. But he will retire soon if he is smart.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: LAURA INGRAHAM--WE MUST TAKE ACTION RIGHT NOW!!! Reply with quote

shawa wrote:

who will Chair the Judiciary Committee.

http://www.lauraingraham.com/public/

Will do,shawa. Thanks for the heads up.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Kerry up for any committees?

We need to watch that! Don't want him getting in charge of any of them.

I have heard several people say on tV news that kerry will now be in a position of more power in the senate. I hope that is just wishful thinking on the demos side.

We can practice the power of our phone calls on Spector....

so we're ready for the 'real' push of phone calls should Kerry be in line for any position of control or power of a committee.

I'll call Kyle and McCain's offices on Monday morning.

Do they all vote on it? or does a specific group of them vote then 'appoint' to committees?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here to see who is assigned on current (108th Congress) committees:

http://www.senate.gov/general/committee_assignments/assignments.htm

Then click on the box on the right titled "Senate History" to see how senate committee membership is determined and assigned. It's very informative, and it tells you that as long as Kerry is a Senator he will be increasing his seniority and will therefore continue to be assigned more and more powerful committee assignments.
mj_brutus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: What has this to do with Flipper's flop? Reply with quote

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I have to express disappointment with this thread. I am thrilled to tears that Flipper has once again been consigned to the obscure back-benches of the Senate (although i would have preferred him to have done the uncharacteristically honorable deed of resigning his seat while running). I am forever greatful to the Swifties and POWs for once again rising to the service of our country. I ask that we remember the purpose of this organization and not allow ourselves to become a pro-life/pro-choice advocacy or even Dem/Rep advocacy group. IMHO, it detracts from the noble purpose which I have admired and supported in my small part.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All politics aside, I think it's important to contact our elected representatives and tell them that Kerry should not be appointed to ANY position of power more than the seat in Congress which he still has for two more years.

Hell, he didn't show up for sessions of the Senate, much less the committee meetings to which he was assigned.

And please let's remember that the founders come from the entire spectrum, politically, as do our members here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: