SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keeping a list of who to boycott!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on ya Track It Down....
Looking forward to seeing it
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
KorVetBob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Boycott Blue States Reply with quote

Does anyone have a list (or link) of those blue counties? I'm thinking of boycotting (where possible) all products and services from the blue counties. You can't underestimate the power of the buck. I'm ashamed to admit that I live in NY but at least my county voted in favor of Bush.
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Boycotts and Endorsements Reply with quote

Track It Down wrote:
We are working on a site that will list leftist people/companies/media to boycott and also a corresponding one with right-thinking people/companies/media to support/endorse. It will build on our page of kerry endorsements/supporters at [url]http://home.att.net/~trackitdown/ [/url]

Examples are companies from blue states like Taxachusetts, such as New Balance running shoes and Fidelity Investments, but first we have to check them out to see if by any chance they supported Bush-Cheney.

Also Curves fitness studios for women are among the Good Guys, because they have come under very heavy fire from the left for supporting pro-life causes.

An integral part of any boycott is emailing companies to let them know that you are boycotting or supporting them, and give cogent, well-thought out reasons for your decision. I try to leave the whining and venom to the other side, because they are far better at it.

I'll post a link soon.

THis is one of the issues I price highest.
WE MUST START WINNING THE MEDIA WARS..

While Ann, Rush and Sean are great and Fox doesn't hurt, we cannot rely upon them alone unless we all want to do blogging 24/7 for the rest of our lives..

We need a strong website for this so the MSM, loonie hollowoods and other "celebs" get hurt BAD!!!

Need some wood?!?!
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is about a month old, but I found it very interesting. So if you have Progressive insurance, you were in reality supporting Kerry. Hopefully not anymore. I also read somewhere that the heir to the Target company had donated millions. I'm not sure he is directly involved in Target, but it may explain why I noticed so many ANTI-BUSH Birthday cards in Target a couple of months ago.

Quote:
Billionaires Secretly Met in Aspen to Defeat Bush

In the days following the Democratic National Convention in Boston this past August, several billionaire Democratic activists secretly met at the famed Aspen Institute in Colorado.

The purpose of their clandestine meeting was "to use their fortunes to engineer the defeat of President George W. Bush," The New Yorker magazine reports in its most recent edition.

Details of the meeting remain sketchy, but the magazine described the Aspen conference this way: "Five billionaires joined half a dozen liberal leaders in a lengthy conversation about the future of progressive politics in America."

For sure, there were differences of opinion in the group, but they all shared one goal: to get George Bush this November.

The Aspen meeting was supposed to have been a top secret within Democratic Party circles.

When The New Yorker inquired about the meeting, an assistant to one of the attendees was surprised by the call.

"No one was supposed to know about this," the aide told the magazine. "We don’t want people thinking it’s a cabal or some sort of Masonic plot!"

Apparently the leader of the secret cabal is billionaire Peter B. Lewis, chairman of the Cleveland, Ohio-based insurance company Progressive Corporation.

Like another attendee, wealthy financier George Soros, Lewis has poured millions into Democratic 527 groups, including Americans Coming Together and MoveOn.org.

One of Lewis’ top agenda items has been the decriminalization of marijuana, a policy position also shared by Soros.

Another billionaire who attended was John Sperling, founder of the online University of Phoenix.

Also present were Herb and Marion Sandler from California. The couple founded Golden West Financial Corporation, a California bank reportedly worth $17 billion.

The key agenda items for the Sandlers has been "preserving progressive income taxes and inheritance taxes," the magazine reported.

The wealthiest and most notable of those attending the meeting was George Soros, the 74-year-old Hungarian immigrant who desperately wants to defeat George Bush and has even compared him to the likes of Adolf Hitler.

Apparently, all was not roses at the billionaire confab, according to The New Yorker.

"The billionaires spent much of the time moaning the superior powers of the GOP," the magazine said, and the group even needed some cheerleading from Harold Ickes, a former top aide to Bill Clinton who is involved in the 527 efforts.

There was disagreement about some of the issues and policy positions the group should take.

Sperling, for one, argued that the main target of their efforts should be Wal-Mart. He wants to push for unionizing the giant retailer.

That idea was apparently vetoed by George Soros, who reportedly told the group he had no desire to support union initiatives and that his only single goal at this point was "ousting Bush."

Though not the leader of the group, Soros holds the largest bank account and as such is the 800-pound gorilla, having given more than $18 million to the 527s in an effort to defeat Bush.

The magazine said Soros had planned to keep a low profile in the closing months of the election, but suddenly changed course this summer when he decided to "jettison the strategy in favor of waging his own media-grabbing political campaign."

Soros hired a publicist and began a 12-city, $3 million personal crusade to defeat George Bush.

According to the magazine, Soros has nothing but contempt for Bush, who he considers "an ignorant fool."

More than that, he sees Bush as the face man for a secret cabal. "Bush was just chosen as a figurehead, an acceptable face for a sinister group," Soros told The New Yorker, adding, "Cheney is the Capo."

Clearly, Soros knows a thing or two about secret cabals and capos.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/19/131508.shtml

Another more indepth article about this group:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/articles/readarticle.asp?ID=15392

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Speaking of boycotts Reply with quote

warriormonk wrote:
I'm curious. I thought that if churches were involved in politics they lose their tax exempt stats. Seems Kerry, Jackson, Sharpton and Edwards have been going to many church services and pulling votes. Someone needs to track these so they will have their exempt PULLED ! Very Happy

Really! Rolling Eyes
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Speaking of boycotts Reply with quote

doll wrote:
warriormonk wrote:
I'm curious. I thought that if churches were involved in politics they lose their tax exempt stats. Seems Kerry, Jackson, Sharpton and Edwards have been going to many church services and pulling votes. Someone needs to track these so they will have their exempt PULLED ! Very Happy

Really! Rolling Eyes

By law, a tax exempt organization lists on the return where the books are kept for PUBLIC inspection. I think it is time, we begin visiting these organizations to look at their books to make our point! How welcomed do you think we would be?
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worry about people like George Soros blabbering about secret societies and cabals. I belong to a few myself and other than a common interest in historical and cultural matters we don't meddle in the lives of folk and we have no interest in aquiring political power. Why should we, we have no need when we already have all that we could ever want.
We have the secret of the "Leprechauns Gold" which is an enhanced understanding of self and the world about. If you have'THAT', then you already have all that you will ever need in this life. Very Happy

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Track It Down
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Boycott Blue States Reply with quote

KorVetBob wrote:
Does anyone have a list (or link) of those blue counties? I'm thinking of boycotting (where possible) all products and services from the blue counties. You can't underestimate the power of the buck. I'm ashamed to admit that I live in NY but at least my county voted in favor of Bush.

Here's a link from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/ Just click on a state, then a county, for the election results. Hope this helps!
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember what Barbra S. spouted off about in this Election and don't go see "The Fokkers" or whatever its called. Evil or Very Mad
Track It Down
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Boycotts - Guides for Conservative Consumers now online Reply with quote

A few months ago, I posted that we were working on a webpage that would have boycott info for those of us who wanted to vote with our feet/billfolds. Check out Boycotts - Guides for Conservative Consumers at http://home.att.net/~trackitdown/index.html on the Track It Down website. You will also find info on abortion, illegal immigration, elections in 2006 & 2008, john kerry, links and other timely topics. Hope you enjoy this new page and find it a useful resource.

Last edited by Track It Down on Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND, lest we forget, anything made in China, and enemy on the rise, our cash doesn't need to fuel their economy!
Track It Down
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true, buffman. Boycott China because of: forced late-term abortions, female infanticides, child/slave labor, support of terrorism and terrorists, brutal oppression of Tibet, Oil-For-Food scandal involvement, flagrant human rights violations, persecution of Christians and Christianity, the list goes on and on. Tough to do when almost everything we pick up has a Made in China sticker on it.

Track It Down http://home.att.net/~trackitdown/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: