SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When will the CBS investigation be over?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they'll try to shuffle it around until it becomes all confused like a maggot in a bugget full of pin worms.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure it will be handled in the same fashion as the "Sandy Berger" investigation and the "missing" documents that he stuffed down his pants, in his shoes, etc....by the way side and nothing else said.
Darkhorse18
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dan Rather investigation will be over when it’s safe for it to be over. When most of the country won’t care what the outcome is. Dan will take a wrist slapping and that will be it. Dan took more of a beating election night when he didn’t know whether to pee or go blind once it was clear that Bush was going to win. I fault CBS but in this man’s opinion it was Mr. Rather that kept pushing the story…..something to the extent that these questions need to be asked either way.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS is already finished with its investigation. The plan is simple. They won't talk about it any more. People will forget. Those people that try to remind the public of what CBS attempted will be branded as part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and the public will buy it. They know it will work. How often is Teddy questioned about Mary Jo? O'Bar?

They know how to play that game. They had another plan under way to dump the missing ammo story 2 days before the election!!! The fact that they had already been caught a month before didn't bother them a bit.
Did they ever fire Rather's producer?
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everyone here that CBS will wait until hell freezes over. I wonder if we should contact Brent Bozell to see if he knows anything and if any pressure can be put on CBS and how.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should not allow this scandal to die. As I mentioned in another thread, Bo Dietl, a high profile New York City detective is in the process of trying to connect the dots between Rathergate and the fradulent distorted exit polls on the day of the election. We should encourage and support him.

I personally believe these various entities conspired to fix the election, much the way George Soros manipulated the world currency markets to make his billions. Don`t be surprised if Soros money entered into the coffers of John Zogby and the polling consortium.
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has SeeBC called Ohio for W yet?
/CD
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

commdog wrote:
/CD

He's still waiting for kerry campaign to let him know what to do.

p.s. ( Send it in when you sign it.)

"This is the best election night in history." --DNC chairman Terry McAuliffe, 2 November 2004, just before 8pm EST
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassInd wrote:
commdog wrote:
/CD

He's still waiting for kerry campaign to let him know what to do.

They're still 'investigating' Rathergate. It should be some time before they get around to calling Ohio in favor of Bush. Expect them to release newly made documents backing up the false docs they claimed came from an unimpeachable source. Then they'll provide evidence that the voting machines were rigged in Ohio, when their unimpeachable source gets done making the new evidence.

Does it sound like they have a credibility problem? Do you think they even know what people really think of them? They traded their honor for bias to the point of trying to cheat to win an election.
1st cav
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/

Little Green Footballs is reporting today that Mary Mapes is most likely going to take the fall for the CBS debacle. Rumor has it that she may have been behind the ENTIRE thing. Here's a couple of links.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/index.asp?layout=articlePrint&articleID=CA478420

http://scyllacharybdis.blogspot.com/2004/11/mapes-did-it.html
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mapes might take the fall but does anybody think that Rather did not have his hand in this? He said he has been investigating it for over 2 years, did he suddenly forget that he needed to check his sources did he think responding with his source being 'unimpeachable' would be good enough to Cover his story? Mapes will take the fall, but that won't get CBS or Rather off the hook. It'll only open that can of worms.

It'll take the work of the pajamahadeen to uncover the ugly CBS story.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In so far as the DNC timed anti-Bush TANG ads to coincide with and Moveon.org coordinated "Unfit Commander" to time with the Kinko documents the blatant collusion reeks of violations of FEC and FCC laws. Screw CBS's investigation. The Federal Attorney for NY should slap locks on Black Rock, subpoena everything and everyone in sight, enjoin CBS News from operations and take its time investigating the truth of it.

While investigating itself CBS went on to collude with the UN, NYT, and the DNC on the dubious, missing explosives smear. These people have no right to the public airwaves. They do not operate in the public interest.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of irregularities that need to be surfaced, anyone else notice how Max Cleland suddenly went incogneto after his role in Blathergate came out? I can't recall seeing him the rest of the campaign.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
In so far as the DNC timed anti-Bush TANG ads to coincide with and Moveon.org coordinated "Unfit Commander" to time with the Kinko documents the blatant collusion reeks of violations of FEC and FCC laws. Screw CBS's investigation. The Federal Attorney for NY should slap locks on Black Rock, subpoena everything and everyone in sight, enjoin CBS News from operations and take its time investigating the truth of it.

While investigating itself CBS went on to collude with the UN, NYT, and the DNC on the dubious, missing explosives smear. These people have no right to the public airwaves. They do not operate in the public interest.

I could not agree more. The Justice Dept. should be looking into it. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to find illegal connections to the
Kerry camp and the DNC through CBS. I don't think it will happen and I think CBS is very actively covering its tracks right now, The Kerry camp tried to sound surprised with every new 'news' item but also had pre-arranged responses ready. Couple that with direct connections between Kerry camp, CBS and Rather, and the guy that tried to turn in the forged documents. If they can't find a case there, I know one department that could be totally eliminated saving billions of taxpayer dollars. They should keep that in mind when doing their mock investigation.

I also don't think the investigation should be limited to one news source.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to see how many UN connections there were to the Kerry camp. As much as I dislike the UN, I would like to know if they are attempting to buy our politicians. They've been covering up and stonewalling their illegal acts with other countries it is not a big stretch to think they would use our own money to buy our politicians, especially of the caliber of Kerry... easily bought, willing to do anything for votes. It looks like the evidence against Koffi and company is growing rapidly in the oil for food scandal. I also wonder if they'll be able to seek asylum in France?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: