SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do we have any remaining action items?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackMcC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Do we have any remaining action items? Reply with quote

Just curious:

You guys were incredibly successful. You wanted to prevent Senator Kerry from becoming President Kerry, and you succeded. Good on you!!!

I've not been able to determine: is this the end game, or do you feel that there is more work to do. I would like to help with promoting the Kerry discharge thing, but I won't do it unless you folks think that it is relevant. If you guys feel that your mission is accomplished, I can only thank you. If you want to continue, I can only offer to help.

Respond or send an email if you think I can help. As a reminder: I live in Massachusetts so have in interest in four years from now.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a swiftvet and so am not speaking for them..
They have my profound thanks for what they have done...

Although it might be easier to come up with some missions using this organization and website... other missions can run without this as the core...

Possible missions that could be offshoots--
    Kerry publicly exposed for all his lies/sins and him banned from further public office
    Kerry apology to VN vets and exposing his lies as lies and admitting the damage that is done
    The big old media called into account and some further actions to try to work to assure less bias in news accounts
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last I've heard is that the Swift vets haven't decided what the future holds for them, concerning either Kerry or the Vietnam war.

However, there has been much research done and documentation shared with all and available for download.

Since you live in Massachussetts, maybe you or some other vets there can organize another grassroots movement to relieve him of his Senate seat? Many of us would love to see him gone completely from the government, but an effort from within his State would be better than one coming from the outside.

If any Massachussetts residents decide to carry this forward, I'm sure they would receive a lot of support from all over.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Tom Daschle is lame duck. They will need to pick a new Senate Minority Leader. Gawd, I hope Kerry isn't it. Have you got any idea how much damage that SOB could do in that position?
I think us swiftees have another action item.
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Do we have any remaining action items? Reply with quote

JackMcC wrote:
Just curious:

You guys were incredibly successful. You wanted to prevent Senator Kerry from becoming President Kerry, and you succeded. Good on you!!!

I've not been able to determine: is this the end game, or do you feel that there is more work to do. I would like to help with promoting the Kerry discharge thing, but I won't do it unless you folks think that it is relevant. If you guys feel that your mission is accomplished, I can only thank you. If you want to continue, I can only offer to help.

Respond or send an email if you think I can help. As a reminder: I live in Massachusetts so have in interest in four years from now.

I'm hoping that Kerry can be publicly exposed for his lies. It seems as though what he did while in uniform, both with after action reports and meeting with the enemy would be criminal. If there is anything I can do I would be glad to help. I'm afraid that he will still be a "respected Senator" and possible take Dashel (sp) place as minority leader. He doesn't deserve ANY respect!
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Do we have any remaining action items? Reply with quote

margie wrote:
JackMcC wrote:
Just curious:

I'm hoping that Kerry can be publicly exposed for his lies. It seems as though what he did while in uniform, both with after action reports and meeting with the enemy would be criminal. If there is anything I can do I would be glad to help. I'm afraid that he will still be a "respected Senator" and possible take Dashel (sp) place as minority leader. He doesn't deserve ANY respect!

I believe the SwiftVets and other groups should continue to press for Kerry's prosecution, as well as his ouster from the senate under Article XIV Section 3 of the Constitution. Don't give up just because he's not President. He's still a danger, he's still a criminal, and he must be brought to justice.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a huge deal, but now I also feel my personal credibility is at stake, until we finish proving our case against Kerry to the American people.

And I am not even a veteran, but I do believe wholeheartedly in the SwiftVets' cause, and I have been a diehard supporter of their mission.

I worked hard to report evidence of Kerry's misdeeds to as many voters as I could, in an effort to open peoples' eyes and prevent him from being elected CinC.

And just like the Swiftees, I was labeled a "Bush partisan spreading lies for political purposes" by some of the people I informed.

I know there are thousands of others who did much more than me to promote the SwiftVet case to voters.

For the Swiftees, POW's, other Veterans and even those of us who simply supported their cause, true vindication and respect will come only when it becomes widely known and accepted that John Kerry:
did hide a less-than-honorable discharge from the American electorate,
did betray his country by meeting with the enemy and brokering their plan for surrender and retreat by the U.S.,
did unfairly accuse his fellow veterans of committing atrocities and war crimes on a daily basis,
did embellish his activities on active duty in Vietnam to garner undeserved medals, and
therefore is undoubtedly "Unfit For Command".

Even I have been unfairly labeled a partisan liar by certain people I tried to inform about Kerry. I don't like being thought of as a liar by anyone, and I would like those people to know that my representations to them were honorable and based in fact.

I can only imagine how the Veterans who have been living with an unfair image for 35 years must feel.

I hope that our mission will continue at least until we get the facts out and America knows that the Swiftees (and their supporters) were honorable, truthful and patriotic Americans, who felt a responsibility to inform people about the real John Kerry, to prevent him from becoming President under false pretenses.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Do we have any remaining action items? Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:
I believe the SwiftVets and other groups should continue to press for Kerry's prosecution, as well as his ouster from the senate under Article XIV Section 3 of the Constitution. Don't give up just because he's not President. He's still a danger, he's still a criminal, and he must be brought to justice.

Not only a danger as he tries to rebuild himself in the Senate, to become a Dem Party leader in the Senate, to remind people of how close the election was in OH particularly as they stuff a few thousand provisional ballots this week or the next, but some are suggesting that Kerry is actually viable as the 2008 candidate, or as least Veep, since Hillary is just - more or the same, and unelectable.

Kerry isn't gone. But it's also true that the Swift Vets and POWs mission was to warn people of a possible Kerry Presidency. It's unlikely the above scenario could happen. But how likely was it that the Dem would promote him to the Presidency, in the first place? I hope that they continue to investigate. The time pressure is off, now. Documents can be had at the archivist's own pace. Other people can be interviewed and contacted. Maybe one or two 'band-o' types can be pulled out of sKerry's spell. I don't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: