SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should we return and watch Bill O'Reilly?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll continue watching:

Linda Vester
Cavuto and other financial shows, although it is completely beyond me why they have Bob Beckel, leftist character assassin, on them
Gibson
Hume
Snow
Hannity, while muting his leftist partner

No O'Reilly
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
I'll continue watching:

Linda Vester
Cavuto and other financial shows, although it is completely beyond me why they have Bob Beckel, leftist character assassin, on them
Gibson
Hume
Snow
Hannity, while muting his leftist partner

No O'Reilly

-- Same with me. O'Reilly is toast -- a untrustworthy whore!!!
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would prefer a good glass of Irish whiskey. Laughing

CHEERS Very Happy

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He trashes the dignity of Swiftvets and licks Kerry's *** .... Come on this guy doesn't deserve our support.

The rest of Fox is OK -- This guy is slime.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: BOR Reply with quote

The last week before the election Bill roasted Kerry all week and poked him in the eye with the Kerry without Kerry interviews. The night before the election he showed the Bush interview. Liberals were livid.

He was trying to appear as a Kerry supporter to suck him in for an interview and ask the question MSM avoided. "Why won't you sign SF 180 Senator?"

Independent that leans right of center.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt
Quote:
He was trying to appear as a Kerry supporter to suck him in for an interview and ask the question MSM avoided.

That’s my take also. His occasional negative comments regarding SBVT were unfair and real irritating at times, but he also really hammered Kerry. I expect I, and millions of others, will continue to listen to him.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: O'Reilly Reply with quote

Although O'Reilly didn't give the Swiftvets a fair shake, the "Kerry in absentia" interviews probably did hurt Kerry, especially since O'Reilly gave a softball interview with the real President Bush. O'Reilly kept saying over and over that he had invited Kerry to interview him, but that the "Senator" had always declined the interview, implying that Kerry was "afraid" of O'Reilly.

O'Reilly had also said that if Kerry had come in for a real interview, he would have played both Kerry's and Bush's interviews the night before the election. Since Kerry refused, only Bush's interview was played.

There's a saying in France, of all places, "Les absents ont toujours tort"--absent people are always wrong. Kerry was absent from O'Reilly's show, and Bush was present, and who got elected? I'm not saying that Kerry's failure to appear on O'Reilly cost him the election, but he ducked MANY interviews shortly before the election, probably because he feared that people (including O'Reilly) might ask him tough questions.

O'Reilly does over-estimate his own importance in affecting the news--his "no spin zone" is more like the "O(Reilly) spin zone". Maybe if he eats a little crow in under-estimating the impact of the Swifties, he might become a little more open-minded in the future.

Another idea would be if Fox News put on a new show at 11 PM, instead of replaying the O'Reilly show from 8 PM, to give Fox viewers a little more variety. Maybe if the Scott Peterson case reaches a verdict, there may be some real news on Greta, for a change.

As for Kerry, there are probably lots of things that didn't come out before the election, that could be used against him if he runs for the Senate (or President) in 2008. Since there are now lots of people who have been digging into the records, there is now plenty of time to come up with an overwhelming surprise for October 2008, if needed. Thank God, the worst has already been avoided...
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: O'Reilly Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
Although O'Reilly didn't give the Swiftvets a fair shake, the "Kerry in absentia" interviews probably did hurt Kerry, especially since O'Reilly gave a softball interview with the real President Bush. O'Reilly kept saying over and over that he had invited Kerry to interview him, but that the "Senator" had always declined the interview, implying that Kerry was "afraid" of O'Reilly.

O'Reilly had also said that if Kerry had come in for a real interview, he would have played both Kerry's and Bush's interviews the night before the election. Since Kerry refused, only Bush's interview was played.

There's a saying in France, of all places, "Les absents ont toujours tort"--absent people are always wrong. Kerry was absent from O'Reilly's show, and Bush was present, and who got elected? I'm not saying that Kerry's failure to appear on O'Reilly cost him the election, but he ducked MANY
interviews shortly before the election, probably because he feared that people (including O'Reilly) might ask him tough questions.

O'Reilly does over-estimate his own importance in affecting the news--his "no spin zone" is more like the "O(Reilly) spin zone". Maybe if he eats a little crow in under-estimating the impact of the Swifties, he might become a little more open-minded in the future.

Another idea would be if Fox News put on a new show at 11 PM, instead of replaying the O'Reilly show from 8 PM, to give Fox viewers a little more variety. Maybe if the Scott Peterson case reaches a verdict, there may be some real news on Greta, for a change.

As for Kerry, there are probably lots of things that didn't come out before the election, that could be used against him if he runs for the Senate (or President) in 2008. Since there are now lots of people who have been digging into the records, there is now plenty of time to come up with an overwhelming surprise for October 2008, if needed. Thank God, the worst has already been avoided...

Your a better man then me, I found his conduct to be detestible. He is not a man of integrity.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing Pat Buchanan to Bill O`Reilly is so unfair to Pat. Pat is honest, BOR is dishonest. Pat is smart, BOR is dumb. Pat is a traditional conservative, BOR is a hybrid. Pat is sane, BOR is insane.
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Mclaughlin wrote:
Comparing Pat Buchanan to Bill O`Reilly is so unfair to Pat. Pat is honest, BOR is dishonest. Pat is smart, BOR is dumb. Pat is a traditional conservative, BOR is a hybrid. Pat is sane, BOR is insane.

The swiftvets had a GREAT GREAT friend in Pat. He championed the cause like no other 'newsmedia' personality.

Pat is a friend to the swiftboats.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gripe with Pat Buchannan is his dubious attitude toward Israel. A lot of my friends aren't too sure about where he would stand if push came to shove in the Middle East. And, quite frankly, neither am I. I might be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if I could get a clear picture of where he stands. But at the same time I wouldn't hesitate to take his head off if he was against me. Like President Bush said,"You are either for us or you are against us". There ain't no inbetween, you are either behind me or you are in my sights Mad

tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Big-O can be controlled, as we the vast right wing conspirators have no other news outlet that is even close to FOX.
We should all go on a massive e-mail campaign reminding Big-O that we are the reason he is where he is today!
We can tell him to stop catering to the left or he will loose us for good.
He can cater to the right and have 35% of the news audiance to himself,
or he can cater to the left and share 35% of the news audiance with Rather, Brokaw, Jennings and Michael Moore.

The chice is his.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox has some good people on it. Sean hanity, Tony Snow, the guy from "heartland", Linda Vester, the Beltway boys, Cal Thomas, Neal Cavito. and more. Oh and a man named Gibson. Therr are some really great people there. I will continue to support Fox, I may or may not watch BOR, his show is rather boring lately anyhow.
Fox is in the great position of being the only TV cable news that most conservatives will watch. But they are also drawing in the moderates, and i feel BOR appeals to them. I have personally writen off Greta, but according to some polls i saw on druge it is still very highly rated.
One person I HAVE BOYCOTTED is from msnbc- Imus. No more interest in IMAN
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that fOX is pretty much what they claim to be,"Fair and Balanced". After all, they do allow that Ichabod Colmes to spew his blather. But if O'Reiley doesn't like spin he shouldn't do it himself. I can take him if I feel that he is being objective but I can't stand him when he is being objectionable which he does when he goes off on some tangent of passion without reason. We all can feel passionate about some things, but when Passion clouds reason then it becomes self defeating.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: