SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry earns my respect
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baloney!! If Tratior John thought he had a chance, he would have wrapped this country up in the grip of 10,000 fellow shystsers (His REAL brothers)
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So how can I say Senator Kerry earned my respect? For the first time in his life he did what was right for our country! On November 3rd he conceded to President Bush and he saved the country the stress and uncertainty of a drawn out legal process. In his eyes I saw sincerity and also a deep understanding of the situation. Senator Kerry will never be presidential, however, for one moment he displayed courage. For one moment I saw a soldier.

Kerry is only capable of doing what is right for him...he has no regard for this country, or for that which is honorable.

You have every right to respect him.

But, there is nothing Kerry can do to gain my respect....NOTHING !

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)

Last edited by Mooncusser on Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: John Kerry earns my respect Reply with quote

sfcski wrote:
For one moment I saw a soldier.

Which did ya see, the NVA or the VC side of "commie John"..?

Sorry Sarge, just couldn't resist.. Twisted Evil

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted a confession speech from sKerry, not a concession speech
ASW Tech
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based upon my firm belief that Kerry doesn't have an honorable bone in his body, I think there must be another reason why they didn't drag this out.

My best guess is that they didn't want anyone taking a close look at provisional ballots, or doing recounts in Ohio or other states where the race was close, lest they move backwards in the final count rather than forward, if you catch my drift.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASW Tech wrote:
Quote:
Based upon my firm belief that Kerry doesn't have an honorable bone in his body, I think there must be another reason why they didn't drag this out.

I can't help thinking the phone at his Beacon Hill townhouse rang about 9:00 A.M. on the 3rd, and the operator from the White House put Condi Rice on, and she whispered, "Remember, Senator, President Bush did receive an honorable discharge." Click.

But the more likely and simpler reality was beautifully put by my best cousin, who served at the very same time I did in Vietnam: "When it's important enough, the American people show up."
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:
Remember, Senator, President Bush did receive an honorable discharge." Click.

d19thdoc...I love it...too funny...I pray it will come out..

Invision this:. Twisted Evil ....Judy Woodruff of CNN is given the task of announcing to the world, that it has been discovered
Sen. Kerry had his dis-honorable discharge covered up by Jimma Carta..

Can you imagine the look that would put on the poor womans face..... Twisted Evil

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he talks of "a larger measure of compassion" he's still trying to take a little shot at Bush. I like the "I cant believe I'm losing to this idiot" remark. Believe it TRAITOR! God Bless my Corps and all military as they go into Fallujah. Semper Fi.
Fighter Cat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: respect Reply with quote

If John Kerry would apologize for meeting with the North Viet Namese Delegation and Madame Binh and for lying about ALL the Vets I could perhaps be neutral to him.

Regarding the votes, being behind by 136,000 votes and with only 175,000 provisionals out of which only 7% meet criteria, plus a whole host of military ballots still out would have only looked worse for the democratic party and him had it drug out.

I wish him well, but he I am glad he did not win.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: respect Reply with quote

Fighter Cat wrote:
Quote:
If John Kerry would apologize for meeting with the North Viet Namese Delegation and Madame Binh and for lying about ALL the Vets I could perhaps be neutral to him.

My toughts on a Kerry apology, as posted elsewhere:

"I've heard talk, now that large numbers of people are waking up to what John Kerry really represents, thanks to the courage of this site and other sources, that what he did in the 70's was all long ago and we should forgive and forget, especially if he offers an apology.

"What apology can fix this, more than thirty years too late?

"How do you accept an "I'm sorry" for treason, sedition and the slander of his own nation and its defenders; a slander with the goal of altering the policy of this nation to the detriment of the national security interests of the American people, the interests of its allies and its military services, and to the advantage of its enemies in war time? How do you let all of that go for the price of a few hypocritical and self-serving words?

"And beware . . . it is not merely ancient history. He is now leading the charge in the latest version of hate-filled, divisive, anti-American, defeatist appeasement against the present generation of valiantly struggling patriots and soldiers, who need all of the support that all of us can give them.

"The only thing he should be eligible to run for is the border."
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two quotes from his concession speech:

"Now more than ever with our soldiers in harm's way, we must stand together and succeed in Iraq and win the war on terror. "

So did JFreakinK finally take a stand on this war? Is he admitting that Iraq is also part of the war on terror? Is he behind our troops in the "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time"?

"In America, it is vital that every vote count and that every vote be counted. But the outcome should be decided by voters, not a protracted legal process. I would not give up this fight if there was a chance that we would prevail, but it is now clear that even when all the provisional ballots are counted, which they will be, there won't be enough outstanding votes for us to be able to win Ohio. And therefore, we cannot win this election."

There it is in a nutshell, no integrity, no honor, just a clear understanding that there was no place to go. If you see honor in a man accepting an azz-whuppin' already delivered - let me know, I didn't see it!
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything Kerry does is calculated. This includes
his concession speech.

Montana
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "sentiment" has been given adequate exposure and comment.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: