SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

France finds Bush victory hard to swallow...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

France announced today that it plans to ban fireworks at Euro Disney, following last night's display that caused soldiers at a nearby French army garrison to surrender.

Also, Norman Schwartzkopf indicated that, "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
I'd be very careful of drawing conclusions from these kinds of "journals" about the mood of the whole population. I'd guess that Franco-American sites like this one probably draw a fair share of American apologizers from this side of the pond.

My son-in-law was actually in London early last week during the election. He came back amazed that he didn't run into anyone who was not for Bush. He said that people who he talked to (mainly business people) admired Bush's fortitude and courage ("spine"), and didn't like Blair because they thought Blair had none. That, of course, if very different from the views of the British press we saw.

Moral of the story: everything might not be as it seems in the press.

I agree. Since the MSM around the world lacks so much credibility in reporting the truth or the true sentiments of the people....I would not place much stock in this. The MSM seems to delight in reporting the one or two percent that hate Bush and want to insult us, leaving the vast majority without a true voice. Look how skerry had a free pass with our own media. The MSM cannot be trusted and these types of articles IMHO should be taken with a grain of salt.
Poacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no fear we have had to put up with them for centuries. We now hear that they are to use a field where thousands of British soldiers were slaughtered in the 1st World War as a land fill dumping ground. As the bulldozers work they are digging up the bones of our dead troops.
You are far away from them they are on our doorstep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: