SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update: Europe and Islam AND are there moderate Muslims??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
(Deleted By Admin)

Yes very great and stark differences. Does anyone know of a good "moderate Muslim" group in the US? Or are we just presuming they exist?

To be fair, Christianity has flowed out of Judaism and has as part of its Holy Skrit the Old Testament which has at times advocated killing under certain circumstances. But it never advocated killing "all" non-Jews "wherever they may be found." Often the Jewish wars were that of a small nation trying to defend itself against aggressive assaults against it by sometimes much larger nations.

But the NT and Jesus Christ brought a total realignment of God's grace into the "religious" picture of the day. We're still absorbing the impact of it to this day. And yes, Jesus' teachings (and he's recognized as a prophet by Muslims) seem diametrically opposed to Mohammad's at times...how can they believe in both men when such is the case...I guess they don't worry about the fine points (I'm being fascitious) when they're are so many unbelievers to kill, when there's a world to be "conquered"?

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update on the Dutch battle against Muslim Extremists.

Quote:
Dutch police arrested two people after a violent 14-hour stand-off at a house in The Hague, in which four officers were wounded by a hand grenade.

The two are suspected of "terrorist conspiracy with the aim of murder".

Anti-bomb experts were searching the apartment at the centre of the siege on Wednesday night for explosives.

Police said four people were detained in Amsterdam and one in Amersfoort as part of the same investigation into a network of radical Muslims.

Tensions have been high since filmmaker Theo van Gogh, who made a film critical of Islam, was shot dead in the street in a week ago.

A Muslim school in Uden was burned down earlier on Wednesday, and attacks have targeted Christian and Muslim buildings across the Netherlands.

Sealed off

The area where The Hague raid took place - near the Holland Spoor train station - was sealed off and airspace immediately over it was closed.

The building was surrounded by police in riot gear, fire engines, ambulances and special forces.

Police evacuated neighbours and they were bussed to local shelters.

"Around 1630 (1530 GMT), after special units fired teargas into the apartment, two men were arrested," The Hague prosecutor Han Moraal told a press conference.

Police chief Gerard Bouwman said there had been an exchange of gunfire, and a hand grenade was thrown at the arresting officers, which exploded injuring several.

Two of the injured officers were reported to be in a serious condition.

One of the suspects was shot in the shoulder after he failed to obey police instructions, officials said.

The area remained sealed off on Wednesday night as police searched the apartment for explosives, the BBC's Geraldine Coughlan in The Hague said.

Warning to EU

Police would not comment on whether the arrests were linked to the murder of the filmmaker in Amsterdam a week ago.

Mr van Gogh had received death threats after the release of his latest film controversially portraying domestic violence in Muslim societies. It showed images of a semi-naked woman with Koranic script daubed on her body.

Six suspects, believed to be members of an Islamic militant group, remain in custody, including the alleged killer, 26-year-old Mohammed Bouyeri, who holds dual Dutch and Moroccan nationality.

Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende told parliament that extremism was undermining democracy.

"It is the joint task of Muslims and non-Muslims to warn young people against radicalisation," he said, according to the Associated Press news agency.

The Dutch Immigration Minister, Rita Verdonk, has warned that EU countries are at risk, because of an increasing radicalism among young Muslims.

She said member states must act urgently to improve the integration of foreigners.

The minister, whose nation holds the EU presidency, said countries must ensure that immigrants learn the local language and accept Western values, but she said the EU also needed to develop, in her words, a common vision of integration.

Last week EU leaders agreed to create a common asylum system by 2010 to try to prevent illegal immigration into the EU.

Why no condemnation by the Iraqi Sunni clerics of the bombing of peace officers in the Netherlands...I guess they have tunnel vision? What about the British Muslims or the French Muslims or the American Muslims?

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.muslimsforbush.com/
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
http://www.muslimsforbush.com/

That's nice. Has this group called a press conference at any time and publically condemned what the radicals are doing? Have they condemned the beheadings? The violence in Russia? The bombing in Spain? The worldwide jihads? Have they called for an end to any of this stuff and condemned their "brother" Muslims for these acts?

Please provide the links if so.

If not, it only proves my point. They are acting like our friends right now. They have no choice. They are not in the majority. JIHAD isn't an option in American at this time. One day it will be. Look at France, Holland, Spain.....they are all ripe. We aren't. YET.

I will believe that there are "moderate" Muslims when a group of them en mass stand up and PUBLICALLY and UNEQUIVOCALLY condemn what the terrorists worldwide are doing and call for an end to it.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
They are acting like our friends right now. They have no choice. They are not in the majority. JIHAD isn't an option in American at this time. One day it will be. Look at France, Holland, Spain.....they are all ripe. We aren't. YET.

I will believe that there are "moderate" Muslims when a group of them en mass stand up and PUBLICALLY and UNEQUIVOCALLY condemn what the terrorists worldwide are doing and call for an end to it.

When do moderates of any kind ever stand up for anything? Nazis were less than 10% of their movement at the beginning and never more than 30%. How come the moderate Germans never stood up? Wahabi Muslims are a radical minority, yet are giving all Muslims a bad name. I have many Muslim friends. Most just think of themselves as Americans even though they may have been born into a Muslim country. It is hard to imagine them organizing en mass.

Heck, Liberals in this country don't even UNEQUIVOCALLY condemn the terrorists. Many of them are still part of the blame America first crowd.
Poacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is one of sheer envy. Just look at them. They have done nothing for the humane cause since the 7th century. They have produced no technology, no classics, no advancement in medicine, and I can go on and on. They treat women like dogs still. They are still living in the same muck that they did centuries ago whereby the west has move on way beyond them. They need us more and more. We have young girls here still being murdered by honour killings because they will not conform to forced marriages which is social prostitution.
We in Europe are not happy and are getting increasingly concerned at the lack of government will to tackle the proble.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poacher wrote:
The problem is one of sheer envy. Just look at them. They have done nothing for the humane cause since the 7th century. They have produced no technology, no classics, no advancement in medicine, and I can go on and on. They treat women like dogs still. They are still living in the same muck that they did centuries ago whereby the west has move on way beyond them. They need us more and more. We have young girls here still being murdered by honour killings because they will not conform to forced marriages which is social prostitution.
We in Europe are not happy and are getting increasingly concerned at the lack of government will to tackle the proble.

So true. THeir culture and mindset is 7th centrury and that's where they want to take the world back to.

Once again, have we seen ANY Muslim groups, big or small, stand publically and condemn what the terrorists are doing? If not, WHY NOT. It's because they secretly agree with what's going on, but they just can't say it. YET.

(Deleted By Admin)

That would be like me saying I'm a Christian, but I don't think Jesus really spoke the truth and I'm not going to follow what the bible says. Would I really be a Christian??

(Deleted By Admin)
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, welcome from the UK Poacher.

I agree with Inatizzy that we have not seen the moderate Muslims stand up.

NOC said people didn't stand up to the Nazzis but there was an organized group that was jailed and killed for standing up to the Nazis. They were called the "Confessing Church" in Germany and included Martin Neimoller and Detriech Boehnhoeffer (executed by the Nazis a mere two months before Hitler's suicide and German total capitulation). The most certainly did stand up to, among other things, the stripping out of references to Jewish people in the Old and New Testaments and the treatment of Jews in Germany leading up to the war...of course this made them enemies and eventually they were also rounded up and jailed or killed...but they did stand up..Muslims in this country will never be killed by Americans if they stand up for the right - they may come under the same threat as we're all under by bin Laden (May his name be cursed Evil or Very Mad ). For that matter how many Muslims were slaughtered by their fellow Muslims on 9/11. For that matter how many Muslims have slaughtered each other in the Iran/Iraq war, etc. etc....at what point will moderate Muslims stand up and say - there IS another way. If they don't, their religion is doomed to be razed to rubble...they will have doomed their people by their very silence...

I do not consider myself prejudiced...I will say though that 9/11 and this whole situation has utterly changed my view of Islam as a great historical faith (when properly exercised) to understanding, as Inatizzy says, that large portions (majorities?) of Muslims think the Koran's teachings REQUIRE the killing of the non-Muslim.

What I don't understand is how I've read at times in Muslim history that they were "tolerant of Jews and Christians" (i.e. didn't force them to convert as long as Muslims predominated...). If anything, if they could get back to that era (within the Middle East) than we should be all for it.

Other than some of these moderations happening - I for one will be actively opposing to even so called "moderate" Muslim groups, all the moreso as we see that CAIR, for instance, has had this happen:

"Two associates (Ghassan Elashi, Randall Royer) have been convicted on terrorism-related charges, one (Bassem Khafegi) convicted on fraud charges, two (Rabih Haddad, Bassem Khafegi) have been deported, and one (Siraj Wahhaj) remains at large."

And the American Muslim Council - I think is now defunct because of their terrorism charges...lots of times we're talking about people supporting Hamas or Hezzbollah also, as if these groups are somehow "better" than AQ because they don't saw peoples heads off with kitchen knives, no they simply blow their bodies to smitherines with explosive belts...so much more compassionate, they.

I would also suggest you keep eyes on the mosques in your cities...Find them...monitor their websites...demand that they take stands of moderation...this is not harassment...it is common sense and concern for our community...including, for crying out loud, the Muslims!

Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember Salman Rushdie? He is a "moderate" Muslim. He tried, through his book The Satanic Verses to show that much of what is written in the Koran seems to be evil. That Mohammed seemed to speak out of both sides of him mouth.

Remember what happened to him?

Here's part of the story: But he is STILL living in fear of his life from faithful Muslim assassins.

---------------

Rushdie won in 1988 the Whitbread Award with his fourth novel, The Satanic Verses. The story opens spectacularly. Gibreel Farishta and Saladin Chamcha, two Indian actors, fall to earth after an Air India jumbo jet explodes 30,000 feet above the English Channel. This refers to a real act of terrorism, when an Air India Boeing 747 was blown up in 1985 - supposedly by Sikh terrorist. Gibreel Farishta in Urdu, means Gabriel Angel, which makes him the archangel whom Islamic tradition regards as "bringing down" the Qur'an from God to Muhammad. "'To be born again,' sang Gibreel Farishta tumbling from the heavens, 'first you have to die. Ho ji! To land upon the bosomy earth, first one needs to fly. Tat-taa! Taka-thun! How to ever smile again, if first you won't cry? How to win the darling's love, mister, without a sigh? Baba, if you want to get born again...' Just before dawn one winter's morning, New Year's Day or thereabouts, two real, full-grown, living men fell from a great height, twenty-nine thousand and two feet, towards the English Channel, without benefit of parachutes or wings, out of a clear sky." (from The Satanic Verses) Gibreel Farishta and Saladin are miraculously saved, and chosen as protagonist in the fight between Good and Evil. In the following cycle of bizarre adventures, dreams, and tales of past and future, the reader meets Mahound, the Prophet of Jahilia, the recipient of a revelation in which satanic verses mingle with divine. "'I told you a long time back,' Gibreel Farishta quietly said, 'that if I thought the sickness would never leave me, that it would always return, I would not be able to bear up to it.' Then, very quickly, before Salahuddin could move a finger, Gobreel put the barrel of the gun into his own mouth; and pulled the trigger; and was free." The character modelled on the Prophet Muhammad and his transcription of the Quran is portrayed in an unconventional light. The quotations from the Quran are composites of the English version of N.J. Dawood and of Maulana Muhammad Ali, with a few touches of Rushdie's own.

The novel was banned in India and South Africa and burned on the streets of Bradford, Yorkshire. When Ayatollah Khomeini called on all zealous Muslims to execute the writer and the publishers of the book, Rushdie was forced into hiding. Also an aide to Khomeini offered a million-dollar reward for Rushdie's death. In 1993 Rushdie's Norwegian publisher William Nygaard was wounded in an attack outside his house. In 1997 the reward was doubled, and the next year the highest Iranian state prosecutor Morteza Moqtadale renewed the death sentence. During this period of fatwa violent protest in India, Pakistan, and Egypt caused several deaths. In 1990 Rushdie published an essay In Good Faith to appease his critics and issued an apology in which he reaffirmed his respect for Islam. However, Iranian clerics did not repudiate their death threat.

See, he's not even considered a "Muslim" anymore because he won't go with what the Koran really teaches which is "kill the infidel". According to them, he doesn't deserve to live because he feels that way.

(Deleted By Admin)
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(Deleted By Admin)

And, as you aptly point out, it means to risk one's life...it's going to take courageous people to turn this tide...including courageous Muslims or "former Muslims" or "Muslim reformers" - as the case may be. I for one am opposing groups, mosques and Islam until and at such a time as they will truly speak out with some relevancy to condemn terrorism and all of its diabolical tentacles.

FoxURA
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Well said.

It looks as though one by one, the nations of Europe will have to take terrorism seriously just like Russia was forced to. I just hope it won't take terrorists shooting at their children's backs in order for the European nations to see terrorism as a threat.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleeplessinseattle wrote:
Quote:
(Deleted By Admin)

And, as you aptly point out, it means to risk one's life...it's going to take courageous people to turn this tide...including courageous Muslims or "former Muslims" or "Muslim reformers" - as the case may be. I for one am opposing groups, mosques and Islam until and at such a time as they will truly speak out with some relevancy to condemn terrorism and all of its diabolical tentacles.

I believe it will have to be former Muslims who speak out. Those who still believe in Mohammed and the Koran won't speak out because they will believe what is happening is what Allah wants. They believe in JIHAD.

Former Muslims, like Rushdie, will have to be the ones to speak out. But it will always be under penalty of the FATWA.....the death penalty.

(Deleted By Admin)

For those people who like the gentler teaching of the Koran and the purity stuff, they need to become a Buddhist or Hindu or something. But if they continue to embrace Mohammed, then they have to embrace his teachings as well.....KILL THE INFIDEL. The two can't be separated.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks SIS, I stand corrected on the Germans standing up to the Nazis. The broader point I was trying to make is that not all Germans were Nazis. Just as not all Muslims are Wahabi Sect and do not have the convert or die philosophy.

The Wahabi Muslims are a cult in the Muslim world. The problem is that they are a growing cult that is gaining in popularity. There is also money still coming from the Saudis and others that is pumping into the Madrasas to bring forth new legions of followers.

Even if we could get the moderate Muslims to rise up here it won't do much good. We need the governments over in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and the others to help us put an end to the Wahabi schools and radical teachings or we are indeed headed to a war with the entire Muslim world.

Iraq is a good beginning. Lets just hope it helps turn this tide. God help us if it doesn't.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you are entitled to your opinions, this topic is becoming overheated and is venturing into areas of contention that are simply inappropriate for this forum.

Please take this conversation elsewhere.

Thanks
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: