SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to STOP Kerry from running in '08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: How to STOP Kerry from running in '08 Reply with quote

Assume that Kerry's probable less-than-honorable never sees the light of the MSM.

Further assume the Swift Boat Veterans & POW's For the Truth also "stay discredited".

Add the probability that some other aspiring politician (current or future) has skeletons to hide, and does so by not releasing his military records.

To prevent further occurences of things, I propose we attempt to get a piece of legislation through:
If a candidate for House, Senate, or President does NOT release his records (i.e. "sign the 180"), these records automatically become public if elected via House and Senate rules (over-riding the Privacy act of 1974).

At a minimum, this would probably prevent re-elections in the case of fraud.
It would NOT require state-by-state ratification, and would NOT require constitutional amendment.

Any thoughts?
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what it would require to do this, or what the chances of getting anything like this actually passed. But making an issue of it has got to be news, and would serve the immediate purpose - if not future ones. Any lawyers in the house?
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
I don't know what it would require to do this, or what the chances of getting anything like this actually passed. But making an issue of it has got to be news, and would serve the immediate purpose - if not future ones. Any lawyers in the house?

Good points and then can you imagine if it were primarily Dems or even sKerry that opposed such legislation - that would be further news...it would be lose/lose for sKerry...Who should we go to start the campaign?

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea.. maybe we could get Frist or some other friendly senator to sponser a bill.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is the best idea I've heard in regards to Politicians and their "hiding" thier past.. Someone who is elected shouldn't want to hide their military service records. The same goes for their income and not releasing their entire IRS records. Isn't that done for the good of the country? They are suppose to show everything because if there is anything illegal or underhanded, they would be open for blackmail or worse (aiding or contributing to terrorist organization in the past). It is all in the interest of the good of the country that everything is open for the public to see..

It wouldn't stop good people who have "skeletons" in the closet from running. It would just inform the public of the skeletons and the people will decide if it is an issue for themselves...

Who do we write to, our Senators? One of mine is Hillary, guess she wouldn't like that sort of campaign on her record! HA....... Although it is already well known she was legal counsel for the Black Panthers....

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we would have to get it on the ballots on a state to state level? I know in Florida we just passed some new resolution about the ways in which citizens can go about getting an issue on the ballot. I guess I should go read up on how to do this.

Finally something concrete I can sink my teeth into! (beyond ranting on my website)

Now... Those of you who live in Mass.. GET BUSY!

Yeehawww!

- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna call it the jwb ammendment. Yep.

- Winston Churchill
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second thought maybe its better to get our rep senators to sponser a bill and with 55 of them we might get it passed..

Was just thinking that state laws probably wouldnt override the privacy act of 74 so federal might be the only way to go..

- Winston Churchill
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK-- where is that list of Senators again? Also-- a little media will not hurt,, letters to the local radio & tv stations, editors etc..
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptnJack wrote:
OK-- where is that list of Senators again? Also-- a little media will not hurt,, letters to the local radio & tv stations, editors etc..

We have to start on this ASAP, 2006 is right around the corner and a sweep then could put us up around the magic 60 !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Need some wood?!?!
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all get to work, they should resume taking up $ and let's do EVERYTHING we can to get this guy OUT OF ALL PUBLIC SERVICE.

We should be going FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!

We should resume the commericals in MA only!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: