SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yasser Arafat Death: Please post comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hold out much hope that we will see peace bewteen the AJH (formerly known as the PLO) and Israel. Quite frankly, there is just too much to be gained by the Arab world to have their attack dog AJHs sicced on the Israelis.

Neither the AJH nor the Arab world wants peace, and it is a waste of time to broker deals that are bound to fail. Better to deal with things as they are, rather than waste time playing games. There has been deal after deal, concession after concession, and it is only the Jews sticking to the deals, only the Jews making concessions. Remember that the vast majority of the Arab world does not believe Israel has the right to exist. I therefor feel it is disingenious and insulting to the Israelis for America to ask them to sit down at the table with these Arabs.

Arabs have stated over and over that all Jews should be exterminated. They have stated publicly, many times, that their collective aim is to push the Jews from Jerusalem right in to the sea, to be drowned there.

If all of Europe were talking about America like that, how would you feel if our "allies" insisted we sit down at the table with them, and sign phony peace agreements we knew the other side had no intention of keeping? Would you be angry? I hope so. How abou if our allies suggested if we just gave up Florida and New York we would then be "entitled" to peace?

I said after 9/11 that America might now understand it owed Israel an apology, and I still feel that way.

Let's not let the death of one terrorist swine make us falsely hopeful. Arafat has not been in control of the AJH for awhile now. He is irrelevant to the peace process. See: Oslo accords. The only relevant issue wrt Middle Eastern peace is the Arab world's visceral and irrational hatred of Israel.

Last edited by Kimmymac on Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT"S......GENERAL ARAFAT!!! I SAY...GENERAL! Rolling Eyes HA!
FoxURA
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
I don't hold out much hope that we will see peace bewteen the AJH (formerly known as the PLO) and Israel. Quite frankly, there is just too much to be gained by the Arab world to have their attack dog AJHs sicced on the Israelis.

I wouldn't be so sure... Remember, Palestine ceased to exist when they declared war with Israel and got their butts wupped.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed the point, URA.

It's not about short term win/loss records.

Ugh.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Second Kimmy's Motion Reply with quote

We will endure the faction wars for control.
The hustle to do damage control of all the scandal that will
surely pour out about Arafat.
He was a terrorist to the bitter end. He was NOT interested in peace.
There are many more like him.
If they have handwritten notes of him paying young people $600
to blow themselves and innocent people up, why would they stop
because he is gone.
If you will notice one of the fundamentals of the culture; when they
ask for a timeout it is to plot/regroup/plan and gain an advantage.
Also the instability of the Middle East will be further exploited by
our famous non-allies, France, Germany etc.
Do not ever forget, with the Muslims (ALL others are infidels)
The Palestinians have a stated goal, it is NOT just their own
independent state, BUT THE TOTAL DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL.
That is not supposition. It is stated fact in the public record.
Our goal will always be toward peace, but not with our eyes closed
to reality.
We do have an opportunity to assert good and honorable solutions,
pray for God's guidance and show up and salute!
Hope springs eternal.
Mary Ann Parker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good riddens to BAD rubbish!!!
C-130 Son
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another terrorist mass murderer is dead. Good riddance to bad rubbished. I hope he is tormented forever with pictures of the innocent Jews he slaughtered throughout the years. I spit on his legacy.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This by 'Big Trunk' on Power Line blog: (With apologies if it's been linked already)

Omitted from Arafat's AP obituary

Some date the beginning of the terrorist war against the United States to the seizure of 67 American hostages at the American Embassy in Tehran by the followers of Ayatollah Khomeni in November 1979 or to the bombing of the barracks in Beirut by Hezbollah that killed 241 Marines in October 1983.

Yasser Arafat, however, is the true father of this war. First Arafat created Black September as an offshoot of his Fatah organization. He presided over the operation resulting in the massacre of the Israeli Olympic athletes in Munich by Black September in 1972. The following year Arafat became the first Arab terrorist to target Americans.

He personally ordered the assassination of American Ambassador to Sudan Cleo Noel, Jr. and charge d'affaires Curtis Moore in Khartoum on March 2, 1973. (See my "Who murdered Cleo Noel?") Arafat himself presided over the Khartoum operation and ordered the assassination of Noel and Moore by short wave radio from PLO headquarters in Beirut. Moore and Noel were only the first of many Americans murdered by Arafat's terrorist thugs.

In a bizarre footnote to his assassination of American officials, Arafat became the foreign leader most frequently hosted by President Bill Clinton during his two terms in office. The many cold-blooded murders for which Arafat was responsible in the course of his life were politely passed over in silence as they remained entirely unavenged.

As the founder of Fatah and leader of the Palestine Liberation Organization, Arafat waged a lifelong war on the state of Israel and its Jewish citizens. Although Arafat occasionally interrupted the war against Israel with short term periods of truce or "hudna," he never relented from his orgy of murder or ceased to pursue his lifelong goal of destroying Israel.

In November 1974, while in the middle of his murder spree, Arafat was invited to address the United Nations. He came accompanied to New York by three henchmen who had assisted or participated in the operation to assassinate Noel and Moore. He gave his speech at the General Assembly podium with a pistol and holster strapped to his hip. His many diplomatic victories were not the fruit of subtlety or grace.

Over the final four years of his life he presided over the renewed terrorist war against Israel in which he funded and personally approved the suicide bomb operations that are his true contribution to civilization -- a contribution that made him a hero in European capitals from London to Berlin. In his usual style, he had set up entities to carry out the suicide bomb operations that allowed him to deny responsibility for them. Only the willfully credulous were fooled.

In the notorious tradition of the "175ers" among the Nazi leadership, Arafat led an incredibly dissolute life. It was his dissolution that ultimately resulted in his contraction of AIDS, the disease that led to his death outside Paris yesterday. As with so many basic facts about this utterly vile human being, the truth (although baldly reported by Oriana Fallaci in the fall of 1981) remains shrouded in myth, deception and outright lies.

Late in his life Arafat took a wife for the purpose of keeping up appearances in a culture that loathes homsexuality. While his wife and political epigones fought over the billions he had stolen from his supposed beneficiaries, the scene of his death at a French military hospital outside Paris came to resemble a protracted farce befitting a second-rate Hollywood comedy. On the other hand, in an episode worthy of Kafka or Orwell, Arafat won the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1994.

Schadow
C-130 Son
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen,

Arafat's 79 virgins are awaiting him now:

God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former US President Peanut Carter calls Arafat a "powerful human symbol".

MIAMI (AFP) - Former US President Jimmy Carter called Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) "a powerful human symbol and forceful advocate" who united Palestinians in their pursuit of a homeland.

"Yasser Arafat's death marks the end of an era and will no doubt be painfully felt by Palestinians throughout the Middle East and elsewhere in the world," Carter said.

"He was the father of the modern Palestinian nationalist movement. A powerful human symbol and forceful advocate, Palestinians united behind him in their pursuit of a homeland," he said in a statement distributed by his Atlanta, Georgia-based Carter Center.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/mideast_arafat_carter

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard several callers on talk radio saying "He's dead. Let him rest in peace". Personally I don't wish for him to. He was an evil man and brought horror to many lives. The survivors do not have any peace, why should he?
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armybrat/Armymom wrote:
I heard several callers on talk radio saying "He's dead. Let him rest in peace". Personally I don't wish for him to. He was an evil man and brought horror to many lives. The survivors do not have any peace, why should he?

How evil was Arafat? Arafat the Monster

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will indeed be interesting to see what falls out from Arafats death.. I have the strangest feeling that it will be something that nobody expects or even suspects. That there will be a power struggle I have no doubt. But it is entirely possible that there are some sane people waiting in the wings to step in and fill the vaccuum. I think that is has been sufficiently demonstrated that Jihad is getting people nowhere. If we are to achieve the world of Gods promise, we have to evolve beyond sectarianism and petty tribalism. Life is not about 'Isms' and 'Itys', it 's about living. Theologys and philosophys abound in the world but they're all nothing more than head trips, full of sound and fury signifying nothing. It's time to throw the book away and live in the living presence of God. God is not a book and his word cannot be so contained that a man can claim to have "GOD" as his pretty baubble to use as a cudgel and a goad to beat others into submission. The truly faithful are not gullible. They see fully the truth and cannot be misguided and led upon the path of their own destruction. Thus they seek to live their truth and do not go about trying to convince others with mere words. Smile

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be an interesting funeral. Of course it will be a traditional terrorists funeral.
The ushers will ask, "Bomb belts or non";
The pallbearers will all be wearing matching martyr vests.
Rush Limbaugh mentioned there will be a 21 "son" salute.
Instead of a hearse they will use an Isreali bus.
Security at this event will be interesting as well. I mean how do you tell the difference between the security detail and terrorists who are in attendance.
It's always good to have a funeral here and have no additional deaths as collaterals.
Really they should send a higher ranking team than the Jr. State dept official.
They should send Clinton and Carter. Afterall he was a great prop when these guys needed a photo op. Actually he was Clintons political punk. Who else but Yassar Arafat do you want standing behind you as a character witness when you're lying to the American people. He made more visits to the Whitehouse than anyone else. Even Monica.
It's difficult to call this a state funeral as he was a president but had no state.
As he died in his sleep maybe this isn't such a traditional terrorists funeral afterall. This is because he died of un-natural causes. Terrorist never die of old age, in their sleep, much less peaceably.
No tissues or kleenex will be needed. All attendees will have their own tablecloth headgear.
They will follow Muslim tradition and get him buried within 24 hours. The official mourning period is about 24 hours too afterwitch they'll resume killing civilians.
With all the nice, warm, and fuzzy stuff the press is presently saying about this murderous thug all I can think is Adolf hitler, Joseph Stalin, Benito Mussolinni were years ahead of their time. I bet Hitler could have won a Nobel prize in this day and age.

Last edited by The Balloon Artist on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really sad that Jesse Jackson didnt get over there in time to give r-fat one last hug. Crying or Very sad but now that he ate the big one I wish he could come back to re-live the past two weeks,bi-monthly until there is piece.

Ps. before anyone gets thier hopes up remember! they've only been fighting for three thousand years! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: